tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 8

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 8

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 8 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

10 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I'm scooping up DeSean Jackson wherever he was dropped as he could be returning soon.

There was some buzz he may have been returning Sunday night @ DAL.

(RotoWire) Coach Doug Pederson said Monday that Jackson (abdomen) is unlikely to participate in the Eagles' first practice of Week 8 on Wednesday, Martin Frank of The Delaware News Journal reports.

Analysis: The abdominal injury that Jackson picked up Week 2 has morphed into a greater concern than the Eagles anticipated, as the veteran wideout has been sidelined for five straight contests and seemingly hasn't taken any major steps forward in the recovery process. With Pederson suggesting two days in advance that Jackson is on track to open the week as a non-participant in practice, the 32-year-old will have a tough time gaining clearance for Sunday's game in Buffalo.

Jay Ajayi working out for Cardinals, don’t see why they would bring him in unless DJ is hurting more than they’re letting on. 

2 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Jay Ajayi working out for Cardinals, don’t see why they would bring him in unless DJ is hurting more than they’re letting on. 

they weren't satisfied with how Edmonds filled in yesterday 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, dschddny said:

they weren't satisfied with how Edmonds filled in yesterday 🤣

maybe they just don’t believe he can hold up to be an every down back. 

• Haha 2

Eric Ebron?  TE is such a pit this year, but he has another nice matchup coming up and is coming off of a solid game. Pretty under-owned.

5 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

third string ham n' egger DJ Foster is also hurting ... they also bought in Spencer Ware and Benny Cunningham - they stretched verrrrrry thin behind Edmonds atm. 

6 hours ago, DekuTree said:

Personally, I wouldn't touch any of them, but that's just me. Even with Tannehill they're still going to spread it around, and between Brown, Davis, Humphries, Walker, Smith, Sharpe and the RBs, no receiver on that offense is going to be the "#1" or get a lion's share of targets - everyone is going hover around 4-8 per game and it will change from week to week. There will be good weeks spread amongst them but trying to guess is going to be more of a headache than it's worth.

4 hours ago, nromn said:

That was kind of my thought as well, but I don’t torture myself by watching TN games so thought maybe someone who watched might have a different perspective. I will say that AJB has been trending in the right direction on paper at least. 

My thoughts exactly: they will probably wash each other out: I do like Brown or Davis as a desperation play, you might hit them on the right week and get a TD

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Because on their depth chart there are three RBs. The 1st string RB (Johnson) is banged up and their 3rd string JAG is injured. So, process of elimination here...they need a warm body on their bench. If Chase goes down they have zero experience left on that bench. Bringing in a veteran backup is the smart thing to do. I'd say Ajayi is worth a deep league stash, but I wouldn't expect much.

Edited by FitzMagic

Adrian Peterson missed practice on Monday and is awaiting an MRI on his ankle and Chris Thompson is dealing with turf toe and is likely to miss another game making Wendell Smallwood a sneaky add with the Redskins now committed to the run.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Because on their depth chart there are three RBs. The 1st string RB (Johnson) is banged up and their 3rd string JAG is injured. So, process of elimination here...they need a warm body on their bench. If Chase goes down they have zero experience left on that bench. Bringing in a veteran backup is the smart thing to do. I'd say Ajayi is worth a deep league stash, but I wouldn't expect much.

I wouldn't bother adding Ajayi if he signs with the Cardinals.  He is likely just insurance and Edmonds will be the guy if DJ misses time.

2 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

maybe they just don’t believe he can hold up to be an every down back. 

Jay Ajayi is made of paper. 

I like Kenny Stills, Corey Davis, and Preston Williams - in that order.  Kenny is coming back from an injury, so I can see if you'd prefer Corey over him. That QB change is doing Corey some good -- still, Kenny is tied to an elite QB so that's worth something. And while Fitzmagic is at the helm, Miami should be able to move the ball up the field on more drives than usual -- Preston's week to week targets so far: 5, 6, 12, 7, 6, 8.

I'd temper my FAAB bid on Chase Edmonds. He has NO, SF, TB, SF, and a bye over the next 5 weeks. Tough defenses against the RB. I have a feeling whoever in your league gets Chase will end up dropping him, not to mention if David Johnson gets healthy in that time.

Ty Johnson
and dare I say..

Derrius Guice

• Like 1

RB

Chase Edmonds - Obvious must-add (if not already added) post DJ injury. Seemingly has carved out role even if DJ plays.  

Ty Johnson/J.D. McKissic - Both RBs will form committee post Kerryon Johnson injury. I think 60/40 or 50/50 split is likely, as both can catch out of backfield and will be involved rushing, although neither will emerge as true workhorse. Lions may possibly bring in another RB via FA or trade (CJ Anderson or Kenyan Drake maybe?). 

Mark Walton - Outrushed Drake second straight week, and has low-end RB3 appeal with byes kicking in. Value is limited due to Miami's anemic offense, but can increase if Drake gets traded.

Wendall Smallwood - Low-end RB3 streamer if Adrian Peterson and Chris Thompson are ruled out on TNF.

Derrius Guice - IR stash only.

Alexander Mattison/Benny Snell Jr. - Backup RBs that offer immediate worsehorse appeal if starters get hurt. 

WR

Kenny Stills/Keke Coutee - Houston WRs to own post Fuller injury. Stills is the better add, as he is the big play threat like Fuller and should start on the perimeter. While Coutee is the slot WR, whos value has been limited a bit this year due to Houston utilizing more 2 TE sets. Nonetheless, both are adds moving forward.

Corey Davis/A.J. Brown - Tennesse WRs whos value have re-emerged with Tannehil at the helm. I think Corey Davis is the better add, but A.J. Brown is still worth a look as well. 

Devante Parker/Preston Williams - Bye week filler Miami WRs. Parker has scored a TD in 3 straight weeks and is the better add as he has a solid rapport with Fitzpatrick. However, both will always will be playing from behind/garbage time. 

Zach Pascal - Colts #2 WR who is worth a look, but doesn't have the highest upside in this run heavy, spread-around offense. 

Olabisi Johnson - Low-end WR4 streamer as Adam Thielen is likely out on TNF. 

TE

Kyle Rudolph - Streamer as Adam Thielen is likely out on TNF. 

Chris Herndon - Close to return, can offer top 12 TE upside. 

David Njoku - IR stash.

Jonnu Smith - Streamer if Delanie Walker is out. 

Edited by KA13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone thinking about grabbing Teddy Bridgewater as replacement for Matt Ryan if he misses this week?

I didn't watch the Saints/Bears game, but he threw for 281 yards and 2 TDs against the Bears in Chicago - and now he gets the Cardinals at home. Seems like a good option. 

1 hour ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Anyone thinking about grabbing Teddy Bridgewater as replacement for Matt Ryan if he misses this week?

I didn't watch the Saints/Bears game, but he threw for 281 yards and 2 TDs against the Bears in Chicago - and now he gets the Cardinals at home. Seems like a good option. 

Brees might come back this week 

• Like 1

Well, Sanu will be an add wherever available.

18 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Well, Sanu will be an add wherever available.

Prepare to be confused on when to play him.

• Haha 1

Mason Rudolph is a solid streamer this week, playing Miami.  May have been dropped after that huge hit he took.

18 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Mason Rudolph is a solid streamer this week, playing Miami.  May have been dropped after that huge hit he took.

Yes to this!  Mason Rudolph, and Kyle Rudolph with Thielen out.  Any Rudolph available!

• Like 1

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content. This thread is for suggesting waiver pickups, not asking who you should pick up.

18 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Adrian Peterson missed practice on Monday and is awaiting an MRI on his ankle and Chris Thompson is dealing with turf toe and is likely to miss another game making Wendell Smallwood a sneaky add with the Redskins now committed to the run.

I was going to throw out Smallwood's name, especially in PPR. The matchup isn't good but I don't even know who else the Skins have to give the ball to so volume could be great. Probably only applies to teams that are hurting at RB in deeper leagues(me). I'm putting in bids for him and Ty but going cheap on both and might actually prefer Smallwood at least for this week.

15 hours ago, ss3walkman said:

Derrius Guice

He's 4 weeks away but I think he'll step back into a massive role. Definitely a nice stash. 

3 hours ago, owenmills said:

He's 4 weeks away but I think he'll step back into a massive role. Definitely a nice stash. 

Okay my last post got deleted.  Let me re-word:  

19 minutes ago, dschddny said:

DaeSean Hamilton!  with Sanders traded he moves up to starting yes?

Hmmm...good call.....if Sanders gets traded.  Edit...it did happen.  ;)

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 1