tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 8

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 8

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 8 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

A deeper strategy play here...
CJ Anderson.

For those of you with no FAAB, bad waiver position, or who miss out on the other pick ups, CJA is a sneaky add.
Sure, he's a long shot, but he already knows the Lions offense, showed rather well in preseason and decently in regular season.  Yes he got cut, but often times that can be due to lack of special teams, or simple not matching up as a true 'change of pace' to the starter.  We've seen this before, when the starter goes down, the backup keeps their job, and the team finds a replacement to fill the original role, rather than force a square peg into a round hole.

I'm not down playing TyJohnson, I'm not predicting CJA leads the backfield, I'm just saying... in the past I've been able to sneak some valuable adds, by getting the free option everyone overlooks for the alleged 'next in line'.  Hold for a few days, see if they pick him up in the next few days, and move on by Sunday if not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stafford looking up if available.  Good line, no back, decent receiving options, trash defense.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 1:43 AM, blue42 said:

Having already put up significant numbers with minimal targets from a worse qb.

Not really. He had 4 worthless games and 2 pretty good (not great) games and those only due to 1 long bomb each. Not the kind of thing you can count on.

Things are looking way up. Brown showed a great rapport with Tannehill today.

No argument there! It was just one week but if any indication, definite upside. 

With a great schedule coming up, I believe we can count on brown to produce big numbers for fantasy teams every week. Solid floor

You're obviously dreaming with that every week prediction (not even the best do that), but it does look like he should have at least some big games. His floor is still quite low though, remember what team we're talking about and he is a rookie WR. 

On 10/21/2019 at 10:38 AM, dschddny said:

Anyone interested in adding Mark Walton?  Bad team and bad offense (understatement!) but seems he's the #1 there now

Anyone who picks up never mind plays a Miami RB gets what they deserve. I'm sorry this is madness.  ;)

For deeper leagues, I would add Beasley as a possible flyer. Far from flashy but has produced moderately several times. 

On 10/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, GreenMountainPhan said:

Kareem Hunt back on the practice field.

I don't see him as more than a handcuff. Not like he's going to take more than a few token carries from Chubb. I'm surprised there was no talk of trade yet. 

Looking these FAs over and I am thinking the best FA move might be no move at all unless you're desperate with time still on the clock for possible trades!

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

A deeper strategy play here...
CJ Anderson.

For those of you with no FAAB, bad waiver position, or who miss out on the other pick ups, CJA is a sneaky add.
Sure, he's a long shot, but he already knows the Lions offense, showed rather well in preseason and decently in regular season.  Yes he got cut, but often times that can be due to lack of special teams, or simple not matching up as a true 'change of pace' to the starter.  We've seen this before, when the starter goes down, the backup keeps their job, and the team finds a replacement to fill the original role, rather than force a square peg into a round hole.

I'm not down playing TyJohnson, I'm not predicting CJA leads the backfield, I'm just saying... in the past I've been able to sneak some valuable adds, by getting the free option everyone overlooks for the alleged 'next in line'.  Hold for a few days, see if they pick him up in the next few days, and move on by Sunday if not.

Agree with strategy but for McKissic in PPR leagues.

Deep League Dives

Identifying The Often Overlooked

Ryan Finley: Bengals have little to play for moving forward, & we've seen more "Bad Andy" than good this year.  As Cincy auditions some of its youth, wouldn't be surprised if  quarterback is part of the process.  

Tim Patrick: Return from IR on tap in week 11.  Flashed during the latter part of 2018 with 19 grabs over the final 4 weeks.  Sanders trade opens up playing time/targets.   

Olabisi Johnson: Separated himself as the clear third receiver in Minnesota.  Averaging 4 targets a week since his ascension into the starting lineup back in week 4.  Saw 8 targets against Detroit last week following AT injury.  Would hop into two receiver sets if Thielen is forced to sit on Thursday.       

Justin Hardy: Sanu trade opens up playing time in an offense that throws early & often.  Mo had averaged 6 targets a week and 5 grabs a week, thus  Hardy makes for an interesting flier if he can continue down that same path of production.       

CJ Uzomah: Whispers of Tyler Eifert being on the move would give CJU starter snaps in an offense that is forced to air it out.  Has performed serviceably in the past sans Eifert, &     with a favorable schedule moving forward, no reason to believe that would change.  Could be a sneaky addition.  

Zay Jones:  Recent Oakland acquisition to see more opportunities with a full week of practice.  Tyrell Williams isn't any closer to returning, while Doss, Renfroe and Davis have failed to impress.  They didn't acquire Zay to sit on the sidelines!  Just sayin'    

Jace Sternberger: Third round pick is set to return from IR as early as week 9.  Jimmy Graham has been widely ineffective, showing every bit of his age.  Anticipate a changing of the guard once Jace is up to speed.  

CJ Anderson/JD McKissic: Ty Johnson is truly not a prototypical workhorse back.  On the other hand, CJ Anderson has been capable of shouldering heavy volume of totes, is on fresh legs, and familiarized with the Lions offense. A reunion makes perfect sense here.   Add as a speculative piece that could pay immediate dividends. If Detroit rolls with the current backfield, McKissic will have a major role.  Currently with far less helium than Johnson, JDM PPR value may ultimately make him a stronger play of this two headed monster. 

NYJ DST: Use the drubbing that the Patriots laid on them as a buying opportunity.  This defense is better than it played on Monday, and has the Jaguars, Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders and Bengals on tap.  Fire em up with confidence.  Bluer skies are ahead :)   

Brian Hill: Long been a favorite of mine, Hill is creeping up the depth chart following Ito's concussion.  He is only an injury prone Freeman away from significant value.     

Josh Oliver: Activated for the first time last week, he was disappointingly  not targeted in the game script, however he is an immensely talented who has garnered rave reviews.  As he gains practice reps and comfortability within the offense the production will come.

Ed Dickson/Jacob Hollister: Russ loves throwing to his tight ends.  Hollister was targeted 6 times last week (vs Luke Wilson's single target).  Dickson has prior rapport with Wilson, & is soon to return from IR.  Dice roll on each 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Antonio Brown. 

Why?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jay85 said:

Why?? 

Why not if you have the room. Especially deep leagues or deep benches

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay85 said:

Why?? 

Exactly why context should be added to all recommendations here.

AB as a WR4 in 14++ team leagues. 10 team or less makes no sense. There's gotta be guys on the Waiver getting 10 FP a game!

10 minutes ago, mtx said:

Exactly why context should be added to all recommendations here.

AB as a WR4 in 14++ team leagues. 10 team or less makes no sense. There's gotta be guys on the Waiver getting 10 FP a game!

i don't need no stinkin' 10 magick foosball pernts per game ... i already have a few ham n' eggers on my roster that can deliver those kinda numbers. 

meh. 

but ..

nobody out there has the LEGIT CEILING that AB brings. 

nobody. 

i don't need a sacrifice bunt, i need a bottom of the 9th, game 7, GRAND SALAMI! 

10 ppg?

hell, AB hangs up a twin fin just rolling outta bed. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i don't need no stinkin' 10 magick foosball pernts per game ... i already have a few ham n' eggers on my roster that can deliver those kinda numbers. 

meh. 

but ..

nobody. 

i don't need a sacrifice bunt, i need a bottom of the 9th, game 7, GRAND SALAMI! 

10 ppg?

Agree.

Only issue is AB no longer has Big Ben throwing him the foosballs.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Agree.

Only issue is AB no longer has Big Ben throwing him the foosballs.

😥

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh. 

but ..

nobody. 

10 ppg?

This is a compelling argument, I must admit.

I really don't need anymore homeless man's DeSean Jacksons blowing up my bench and then going 2 for 7 the following week when I put him in, point chasing.

And I too would like the smug sense of self satisfaction when JoeBlow38256 posts the Ron Paul gif in the outlook thread.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This is a compelling argument, I must admit.

I really don't need anymore homeless man's DeSean Jacksons blowing up my bench and then going 2 for 7 the following week when I put him in, point chasing.

And I too would like the smug sense of self satisfaction when JoeBlow38256 posts the Ron Paul gif in the outlook thread.

Im thinking of putting in a bid also for my waivers tonight and have the same train of thought as muppets. 

To the guy that mentioned 10 teamers, yeah there are guys on the ww that will get me 10 pts, and that’s the point of grabbing onto AB for a week or two. He has the potential to provide so much more than that and if it doesn’t work out, the 10 pt ww guys will still be there waiting for me...or I could just turn to the handful of guys on my bench that can get me that also if 10 pts is what I’m looking for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those in deep dynasty leagues keep an eye on Redskins RB Craig Reynolds.  Recently promoted from the practice squad.  Ran for 2100 yards and 33 TDs last year at small college Kutztown St (former college of HOF WR Andre Reed I believe) but no matter the level of competition....thats quite a bit of production.  AP is battling a high ankle sprain, Chris Thompson is already ruled out, only RB is Wendell Smallwood.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nromn said:

Im thinking of putting in a bid also for my waivers tonight and have the same train of thought as muppets. 

To the guy that mentioned 10 teamers, yeah there are guys on the ww that will get me 10 pts, and that’s the point of grabbing onto AB for a week or two. He has the potential to provide so much more than that and if it doesn’t work out, the 10 pt ww guys will still be there waiting for me...or I could just turn to the handful of guys on my bench that can get me that also if 10 pts is what I’m looking for. 

Yeah.

Saying "there are a bunch of guys on the wire who can get me 10 points" is kind of like saying "there a bunch of places I can get a fish sandwich at 3 in the morning."

It may be true, but I don't want to eat it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

DeAndre Washington (ducks)

If Jacobs misses time, Washington would likely be the guy in standard if they don't sign someone else and Jalen Richard in PPR.

4 hours ago, owenmills said:

DeAndre Washington (ducks)

Yeah he really seems cemented as the clear back up, and Richard also missed practice too and has not been the PPR asset as he was last year.

Washington is very capable as a receiver.