Monkeyking69

Kelly Oubre, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I hope so! Have him and expecting big scoring numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

He's one of my biggest sleepers, holy cow this is impressive. This guy is the quintessential 3 + D tweener wing for today's NBA. His athleticism/length/timing really stands out. I couldn't count how many putback dunks he had in here, he has to be leading the league at his position in that category, there were so many well timed putbacks. He reads the defense really well, he doesn't even need a handle, just has a really good understanding of what to do within an offense, no wonder his FG% jumped up so much in the past two seasons. The blocks are absolutely disgusting, especially on the Suns, multiple highlight reel blocks. 

So glad I have him in two money leagues. People are sleeping on this guy, he had 2-3 solid months to finish the year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the sound of this thread, mainly because I am a owner.

I'm hoping his 3 ball gets over 2 this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple 1 player. Was absolutely brilliant after being traded to Phoenix last year. The change of scenery did wonders for him. Love him as a mid-round pick. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What numbers are we expecting this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

 

He's one of my biggest sleepers, holy cow this is impressive. This guy is the quintessential 3 + D tweener wing for today's NBA. His athleticism/length/timing really stands out. I couldn't count how many putback dunks he had in here, he has to be leading the league at his position in that category, there were so many well timed putbacks. He reads the defense really well, he doesn't even need a handle, just has a really good understanding of what to do within an offense, no wonder his FG% jumped up so much in the past two seasons. The blocks are absolutely disgusting, especially on the Suns, multiple highlight reel blocks. 

So glad I have him in two money leagues. People are sleeping on this guy, he had 2-3 solid months to finish the year. 

Awesome video! Definitely makes me feel a lot better drafting him in the 7th round. He was phenomenal after January. Do you think his minutes are in the 30 MPG column?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Awesome video! Definitely makes me feel a lot better drafting him in the 7th round. He was phenomenal after January. Do you think his minutes are in the 30 MPG column?

Don't see why he can't avg 30+  Suns are also pretty thin at the forward spots without Warren and Josh Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love owning the cutest player in the NBA....Anything decent from him this season is just a bonus...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Love owning the cutest player in the NBA....Anything decent from him this season is just a bonus...

 

What's your draft strategy? Punt Ugly?

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Starvela said:

Love owning the cutest player in the NBA....Anything decent from him this season is just a bonus...

 

and the cringe award goes to..

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

L O V E - This guy.

i think with Rubio there, he’s got a legit chance of putting up 18-4-4 every game, with 1.5 3PM and 1.5 STL.

has a chance to be an absolute steal for anyone who got him past Pick-80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

L O V E - This guy.

i think with Rubio there, he’s got a legit chance of putting up 18-4-4 every game, with 1.5 3PM and 1.5 STL.

has a chance to be an absolute steal for anyone who got him past Pick-80


he won’t get close to those assist numbers. His value is blocks, high field goal, steals, threes. He’s not Middleton. He’ll average 1.5 to just under 2 assists.

with no offense to you, but I often see guys here set projections where they suddenly assign extra stats to a guy that he’s never been capable of achieving.

4 assists is not only not in his game, he has Rubio and Devin next to him, so it’s even less likely.

 

Edited by Lifschitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My league wasn't too high on him. I got him in the 9th round (pick 101), which was an absolute steal for me. I didn't need SG/SF, which is the only reason I didn't take him in the 7th/8th round, but I couldn't pass him up at 101. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joshoowah said:

My league wasn't too high on him. I got him in the 9th round (pick 101), which was an absolute steal for me. I didn't need SG/SF, which is the only reason I didn't take him in the 7th/8th round, but I couldn't pass him up at 101. 

Mostly the same here. Got him at 99 on a pretty deep 18 H2H league. He was tagged as injured during the time we had our draft so that partly may have contributed to the drop.

I remember this dude killing me in the playoffs last year, got upset by the 8th seed in the process. Am glad to have him on my squad this year. As @Lifschitz has reiterated, the dude's a beast and is going to eat this year. He may be just who Gary Harris was supposed to be last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took him on the sixth in our points league. Would have liked to wait one more round, but he wasn't going to be there later. The guy after me admitted he had him queued up next. So its good...

Expecting a big year from him honestly. Very pleased to own the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kelly deserve more love in real life and fantasy,high scoring wing with stocks and crush his ADP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kane said:

kelly deserve more love in real life and fantasy,high scoring wing with stocks and crush his ADP

Yup. Got him in the 10th round. Big dividends so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amazing thing is, he BARELY played the 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter because of foul trouble, this line could've been absolutely bananas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this dude played 9 minutes coming into the 4th quarter.. he didnt play either the 2nd or the 3rd..he played 22 minutes and ended up with this LINE?!!!!?! man im happy i traded for this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I only drafted this guy as a handcuff for Booker if he goes down with an injury but I'm positively shocked in his first few games. Looks like I got a steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glad I got him in 1 league. short sighted of me not getting him on all of them.

looks like his game is unleashed with the suns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...