Sign in to follow this  
GJDHouse

2019-2020 Breakout Candidates

2 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Ingram is a breakout candidate. I got him for $3 in auction this year lol. A lot of people just down on him but he has always had a lot of talent. Now he will be the 1st or 2nd option on offense. Should easily score more than 20 ppg but how much of a breakout he can have will depend on his stocks and 3s. he only averaged 0.7 3s on the lakers because of the way they used him and I could see him easily averaging like 1.3-1.5 on pelicans. 

What happens when Zion comes back and plays all the minutes @ the 4? Ingram looks great but I'm not sold on him quite yet 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

What happens when Zion comes back and plays all the minutes @ the 4? Ingram looks great but I'm not sold on him quite yet 

i don't see Zion playing more than 40 games this season. preseason already took out his knees, his body is not ready for an nba season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richg24 said:

Ingram is a breakout candidate. I got him for $3 in auction this year lol. A lot of people just down on him but he has always had a lot of talent. Now he will be the 1st or 2nd option on offense. Should easily score more than 20 ppg but how much of a breakout he can have will depend on his stocks and 3s. he only averaged 0.7 3s on the lakers because of the way they used him and I could see him easily averaging like 1.3-1.5 on pelicans. 

With or without Zion, the Pels situation is tricky. They want to compete while fostering youth development, and Ingram's battling for looks with Holiday, Redick, NAW, Lonzo, Hart, Moore, Jackson, Favors and Okafor. Obviously no Hardens to contend with, but this team has a lot of scorers, so I wouldn't call 20ppg an easy target.

Having said that, he was their best player tonight, so the breakout potential is there. I could've gotten him in the 10th where I unexpectedly landed Gasol - whoops.

Gary Harris - bounce back season if he’s as healthy as he appears. Top 35 2 seasons ago. Looked good pre season

Zach Collins - Balled out during the playoffs last season. Getting major minutes as starting pf and backup center to whiteside. Block potential is cash money

Taurean Prince - perfect fit in a spaced out offense. I can see a career year in 3s for sweet prince. Sprinkled in with defensive stocks.

Jerami Grant - can play multiple positions, even backup center. I think his defense will edge out milsap as the season progresses. Nobody should trust milsap to play many minutes this season opening more opportunity for jerami.

Tyler Herro - he’s a baller.

lmao @ all these replies without any mention of ingram 

i swear, 99% of fantasy basketball heads must only read box scores and study bruski player data sheets 

• Like 2

Ingram is a good one. Certainly looked good last night. The point of this thread isn’t to hit every breakout. Just mention a few you either really like or perhaps feel good about but aren’t mainstream. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i swear, 99% of fantasy basketball heads must only read box scores and study bruski player data sheets 

i already pumped ingram in here few posts back

• Thanks 1

Have to keep an eye on Fred Van Vleet after last night.  His role has really increased and while he won't shoot like that every night, he's got a chance to put up some pretty big numbers. 

47 minutes ago, Highlander23 said:

Have to keep an eye on Fred Van Vleet after last night.  His role has really increased and while he won't shoot like that every night, he's got a chance to put up some pretty big numbers. 

this summer I heard breakout candidates in Toronto like Anunoby or Norman Powell
but the only real beneficiary is Van Vleet 

-Jonathan Isaac will make an all-defensive team. Covington type numbers. Top 45.

-Zach Collins - fantasy friendly game, easy top 75 if he gets the minutes he's been seeing in the pre-season.

-PJ Washington - top 100 guy with the minutes.

-Matisse Thybulle - top 100 even if he only plays 25 min/game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

-Jonathan Isaac will make an all-defensive team. Covington type numbers. Top 45.

How dare you create false idols and demean our one true Lord??

Jokes aside - how is Isaac as a 3-pt shooter? one of RoCo's strengths is that he can get you 3s in high volume along with the stocks.

18 minutes ago, fabrar said:

How dare you create false idols and demean our one true Lord??

Jokes aside - how is Isaac as a 3-pt shooter? one of RoCo's strengths is that he can get you 3s in high volume along with the stocks.

Probably can get you close to two a game. Not as much as RoCo but I'd expect everything else to be really close.

14/7 on low FG%, good FT%, low turnovers, and 3 stocks per game 

spacer.png

Edited by GriffeySwag

8 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

Ingrim to me is already established. I feel this thread is more for those lower key guys that haven't been fantasy relevant before

I sooo hope for Ingram that he finally can justify his potential and the number two pick he was a couple of years ago. Wouldn’t be the first time that a great talent moves on from the Lakers and becomes a good player (Russell, T. Bryant). I can also see Lonzo putting up nearly Triple Double averages once Zion is back and they find a good groove together. 
Exciting Pelicans Team this year for sure

by now we all know the main "sleepers" Shai, Caris, Bam etc... 

the more lowkey sleepers on my list that i was able to snatch in the late rounds were 

Brandon Clarke 

Dwayne Bacon

Robert Williams 

Derrick Jones Jr 

OG Anouby 

Jarrett Culver 

Tyus Jones (handcuffed him to Ja which i also have) 

and with my last pic i grabbed  Anfernee Simons 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

Ingrim to me is already established. I feel this thread is more for those lower key guys that haven't been fantasy relevant before

established when yahoo ranked him 118 going into this season?

stop

25 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

stop

Does anyone follow Yahoo rankings? I don't think I have looked at anything Yahoo fantasy related in over a decade. 

I get the point you are trying to make, but Ingram has shown some flaws in his fantasy game. I think the NOP system (especially without Zion) will compensate for a lot of those flaws. I also like him getting a chance to carve out more usage without Zion. If you like the player, like Ingram, than post about him and share your thoughts with the rest of us. 

Ingram crept way up in drafts heading into the year after Zion's injury. I own a share in a higher stakes league. I like him, but I am not really one to let game 1 sway me too much. I like him playing the 4 while Zion is out. I love the NOP system. 

Breakout to me is just misalligned ADP. I think Rubio crushes his ADP. I think Rondo represents a potentially high return on a nothing investment. I like LaVine to crush this year. I think WCJ does nice things if healthy. Bagley should beat his ADP. I think a lot of this stuff overlaps with bold predictions thread too. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Does anyone follow Yahoo rankings? I don't think I have looked at anything Yahoo fantasy related in over a decade. 

I get the point you are trying to make, but Ingram has shown some flaws in his fantasy game. I think the NOP system (especially without Zion) will compensate for a lot of those flaws. I also like him getting a chance to carve out more usage without Zion. If you like the player, like Ingram, than post about him and share your thoughts with the rest of us. 

Ingram crept way up in drafts heading into the year after Zion's injury. I own a share in a higher stakes league. I like him, but I am not really one to let game 1 sway me too much. I like him playing the 4 while Zion is out. I love the NOP system. 

Breakout to me is just misalligned ADP. I think Rubio crushes his ADP. I think Rondo represents a potentially high return on a nothing investment. I like LaVine to crush this year. I think WCJ does nice things if healthy. Bagley should beat his ADP. I think a lot of this stuff overlaps with bold predictions thread too. 

I think the the blood clot thing last season plus the flaws in his fantasy game you mention causes his low adp. I didnt target him in my drafts although I expected improvements. He was a low 3/stocks guy with no good ft% so far. Now without Zion he gets a big bump of course. Hes young and may improve in his weak categories also.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

glad u own ingram 

ull be happy once it’s all said n done 

1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

stop

I play in points leagues bro. He was pretty well established for a while now especially last year before going down. This year he went 6th round in a 10 team league and was appropriately ranked in the top 65

Another points league I'm in that was auction, he went for $15. All these other sleepers being mentioned here like Isaac, Huerter, Zach Collins, etc, are $5 or less guys. 

Edited by Dominator83

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

I play in points leagues bro. He was pretty well established for a while now especially last year before going down. This year he went 6th round in a 10 team league and was appropriately ranked in the top 65

Another points league I'm in that was auction, he went for $15. All these other sleepers being mentioned here like Isaac, Huerter, Zach Collins, etc, are $5 or less guys. 

damn

in h2h leagues he was goin anywhere from 9th-11th round

he should easily put up 6th round value at worst imo 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:31 PM, rabaak said:

What about K Nunn in Miami? He had great #'s in preseason and unlike Herro, he might be able to guard somebody. 

My apologies, ill go enjoy my crow for my GIF reply to this originally, good call

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 5:31 PM, rabaak said:

What about K Nunn in Miami? He had great #'s in preseason and unlike Herro, he might be able to guard somebody. 

When this man posts...pay attention. 

Nice catch!

• Like 1

I took breakout candidates like LeVert, Adebayo, Murray (Spurs) and Lonzo. I think these guys can post crazy good numbers if they get the right amount of time