1B - Ryan Mountcastle  

OF - Jasson Dominguez  

2B/SS - Luis Garcia 

2B/3B - Nick Solak 

RHP - Matthew Allan 

OF - Kyle Lewis 

OF - George Valera 

RHP - Sandy Gaston

im tanking in 2020 and stockpiling for 2021 when ill be able to main roster keep several of these guys who are near rookie limits or project for an early 2020 callup but i need to cut down to 10

im leaning valera and lewis and then trading pearson for jeff mcneil to shore up my main roster a bit 

need to cut down to 7 in mlb as well

assume i acquire mcneil as stated above

Fernando Tatis Jr. 

Matt Olson 

Andrew Benintendi 

Lourdes Gurriel Jr. 

Victor Robles 

Brian Anderson 

Cavan Biggio 

Lance Lynn (traded 1st overall pick for him so kinda forced into keeping him to flip and no i didnt know it would be 1st overall pick when i traded it because it was the 7th place team's 1st and i was in last place 100 games behind 11th and kept my pick only for the .009 percent chance to hit and have that pick be 1st overall in the lottery the league does)

Michael Fulmer 

David Fletcher 

Dansby Swanson (ATL, 26) 71

Oscar Mercado (CLE, 25) 73

David Fletcher (LAA, 26) 73

Tyler O'Neill (STL, 25) 70

Harrison Bader (STL, 26) 69

i am actively trying to trade benintendi 

Edited by cjenvy

No way do you cut Lewis and Valera.

Solak, Allan, or Gaston

On 10/22/2019 at 8:53 AM, cjenvy said:

then trading pearson for jeff mcneil to shore up my main roster a bit 

I would absolutely not do this.  Pearson has the makings of a frontline SP, and could debut in 2020.  He fits your timeline for competing perfectly.  McNeil is a great player, however is already 27 (Will be 28 early next season).  So he will be pushing 30 when you are wanting to compete in 2021.

Minors I would cut are 1.  Lewis - only hit 11 hr's and 3 sb's in 425 AB.  I dont see it with him.  2.  Gaston - too many guys ahead of him  3. For me is between Allan, Garcia (if philly one) and Valera.  With only 10 minors spots, there will be plenty of top 200 prospects left (assuming 16 teams or less), so keep the middling guys that are closer to MLB.  Solak is ready to contribute in 2020, so see what he can do. I would probably put back Allan, as SP prospects are the most volatile and he is at least 3 years away

MLB - I would keep an eye on Tyler O'neill.  If he gets a starting spot come next spring, He has the power to be a poor man's Alonso in the OF.  FWIW, Roster Resource has O'Neill as starting LF, granted its early.  Doubtful they resign Ozuna, so OF will consist of Fowler, Bader, O'Neill, Carlson, Edman (although more of IF utility I think). I would keep him over Anderson if looks like he's gonna get a crack at full time AB's