claptondecheeks

Jabari Parker 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted up top-40 numbers at the beginning of last season with the Bulls before getting benched, then put up pretty good numbers with the Wizards after getting traded.

He's now with the Hawks. He'll be coming off the bench, but there isn't a lot of competition in the second unit outside of Bembry. 

Anything to see here? Took a shot on him with my last pick, which I kind of regret bc I would've rather taken a shot on a rookie. Oh well.

John Collins out for 25 games - does Parker become must own for that stretch?

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

John Collins out for 25 games - does Parker become must own for that stretch?

I guess... luckily I already got him streaming the B2B

I don't think Jabari is the answer here. Trae was out so they needed offense, Huerter is getting healthier and they have 2 rookies they want to develop in Reddish and Hunter. Bembry may get some run at the 4. 

I haven't watched hawks games, but I'm guessing Collins plays the 5 also. Len sucks so enter in.................................

BRUNO FERNANDO!!!!

don't go picking him up just yet, but keep an eye on the situation

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blabety said:

don't go picking him up just yet, but keep an eye on the situation

That eye can stay open for awhile...while watching Parker put up and Bruno on the pine.

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

must add. hes about to blow up. 

Really though?  I added him and dropped Jah, but my expectations are tempered.  He's on a rebounding team and I don't see him getting unleashed or anything as he isn't a focal point of the team's development nor future.  I think I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here.  But like I said I picked him up because the dude balls when he's given consistent minutes.  And Trey could certainly boost his value given he makes others look so good with his passing.

1 minute ago, Nica4two said:

Really though?  I added him and dropped Jah, but my expectations are tempered.  He's on a rebounding team and I don't see him getting unleashed or anything as he isn't a focal point of the team's development nor future.  I think I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here.  But like I said I picked him up because the dude balls when he's given consistent minutes.  And Trey could certainly boost his value given he makes others look so good with his passing.

Yeah I'm also hesitant. In my 12-team I picked him up for the B2B to see what happens.

I also grabbed for the b2b. Hunter is a looking like a bust, likely because he can't create his own shot, so solidifying parker in that role could be better for the hawks outlook. Parkers best season he avg 20 a game, so it's not like he doesn't have it in him. Don't drop anyone good but hes worth the b2b for sure if you have a stream spot. 

I drafted Bari last, i'm ready for the blessings 🙏🏼my guy is a beast!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

For those wondering

Even if he doesn't start, I cannot see how he doesn't get to 30 minutes when he was already averaging 22. 

Besides Trae, they have no other consistent scorer.  That is what Jabari does best. 

not to be buzzkillington but i needed to fact check the "4th round" statement made earlier bc it sounded way off. 

this is jabari's statline from the first 26 games of last season.

m/g p/g 3/g r/g a/g s/g b/g fg% fga/g ft% fta/g to/g

16.4 1.0 7.4 2.4 0.7 0.4 .456 14.3 .718 3.3 2.7

pretty solid right? well... 15th round value as the #174 ranked player. temper expectations y'all 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

not to be buzzkillington but i needed to fact check the "4th round" statement made earlier bc it sounded way off. 

this is jabari's statline from the first 26 games of last season.

m/g p/g 3/g r/g a/g s/g b/g fg% fga/g ft% fta/g to/g

16.4 1.0 7.4 2.4 0.7 0.4 .456 14.3 .718 3.3 2.7

pretty solid right? well... 15th round value as the #174 ranked player. temper expectations y'all 

Maybe it's a 50-team league man lol

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Even if he doesn't start, I cannot see how he doesn't get to 30 minutes when he was already averaging 22. 

Besides Trae, they have no other consistent scorer.  That is what Jabari does best. 

100% he will get minutes and I expect him to go off just dont think he will start

his game is not super fantasy friendly unless he starts chucking up a bunch of 3s but he should get a lot more opportunity now. Len has a better fantasy game but they been giving him barely any minutes and his not doing much with them. 

Thought very hard about picking him up and dropping Paschell. But can't do it! Paschell looks like he might have a permanent starting job. Jabari is a temp hire. A long 7 week temp hire, but still a temp hire. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Thought very hard about picking him up and dropping Paschell. But can't do it! Paschell looks like he might have a permanent starting job. Jabari is a temp hire. A long 7 week temp hire, but still a temp hire. 

I think Hawks will go with a committee approach and use a ton of rotations and keep him on the bench. Minutes will still be decent tho

10 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Same.  I gave a thought with Paschall and Miles Bridges for me.  Things could change, but right now I believe they still have better value in the short term and definitely season long value than Jabari.

I stay rooting for Jabari tho.  I had him the year he tore his ACL for the second time when he was starting to really break out.  I do think he will get to 30 minutes while Collins is out, but there is always a chance other guys are more prioritized whereas Paschall and Bridges' roles are much safer.  

i expect 17/7/3 with 1.5 3pts while collins is out...he's the 2nd best scorer on this young team and will get closing minutes...

B2b 4 game weeks (week 3-4) fantasy is a weekly game, for that alone and increased role with the Collins suspension, pick him up for end of bench player. His weakness is stocks and ft% and TOs somewhat in 9 cat but he doesnt attempt enough fts to impact too much. Points, boards, fg%