Sign in to follow this  
itschief33

J.D. McKissic 2019 Outlook

I don’t like the Lions run game without KJ, but the pass catching back is a bit different. This is the dude I’m going after for cheap while everyone goes after Ty

Edited by itschief33

Putting a zero bid in all my leagues for him. Patricia says they're rolling with a committee.

• Like 1

PAUL PERKINS TO THE WHITE COURTESY PHONE, PLZ!!

... well, ok - not really

• Haha 1

Could be the new Theo Reddick of this offense. Stafford loves his running back dump offs. Could be a nice flex play in PPR formats. 

• Like 5

I have a feeling he’s going to end up the better pick up in PPR leagues. Every one is going to go crazy on TJ, while McKissic goes under the radar. 

8 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Could be the new Theo Reddick of this offense. Stafford loves his running back dump offs. Could be a nice flex play in PPR formats. 

Is that a good thing to be called the 'new Theo Riddick'?

I'm down with this...

Frankly, JD doesn't look all that different out there than Ty if you ask me.  Seems like this will probably be basically a 50/50 split until they bring somebody else in.

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

which back gets the gl carries?

Ty Johnson

28 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

CJ Anderson. Probably on his way to Novi House of Waffles as we speak.

mah man hangry ...

🍳🍖🥩🧀

• Haha 1

anything to see here? feel like everyone is jumping on the TY train and patricia has not really said anything yet

1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:

anything to see here? feel like everyone is jumping on the TY train and patricia has not really said anything yet

He said he will use a committee

I feel safer rostering McKissic than Johnson tbh. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

Ty Johnson got more targets once Kerryon was out no? and more carries? not understanding the hype on McKissic tbh

also zero chance of GL carries, so even in PPR, best case is bye week filler

Edited by kmoore1521

40 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Ty Johnson got more targets once Kerryon was out no? and more carries? not understanding the hype on McKissic tbh

free WW pick up that might turn into a flex (or bye week filler) ..James White Lite 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

free WW pick up that might turn into a flex (or bye week filler) ..James White Lite 

Yea just the people trying to rationalize and feel good about having JD after missing on Ty are making me scratch my head hah

"i feel better about JD" "50/50 split" "will be a better pickup than Ty" "doesnt look different than Ty" just a few examples that seem very far fetched for whats honestly nothing more than a WW flyer with a low chance of being anything and even more so in non-ppr

wouldnt drop anyone with upside for him and wouldnt even drop certain cuffs for him either hah, some the comments in here i feel are very misguided and may make people drop better players getting sucked into this

my 2 cents

Edited by kmoore1521

I bid very low on Ty knowing I wouldn't get him and scooped McKissic for free. I honestly hate this situation and don't want to spend any FAAB on it and likely will be dropping McKissic, but you never know

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Truth be told, what have you seen from Ty that makes you feel good about him? He doesn't impress me at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 77georgec said:

Truth be told, what have you seen from Ty that makes you feel good about him? He doesn't impress me at all.

Truth be told, what did we even see from Kerryon that makes us feel good about the RB situation in general? The Lions running game wasn't impressive to begin with. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Truth be told, what did we even see from Kerryon that makes us feel good about the RB situation in general? The Lions running game wasn't impressive to begin with. 😂

touche. agreed

8 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

We havent really gotten to see Ty much in general to know much tbh

But i see the snap count after kerryon went down, McKissic has always been considered a passing down back so no shot at GL carries (and Ty got good passing work last game anyway), Ty is a bigger back by 15 pounds or so, Detroit spent draft capital on Ty, they cut RB's in favor of making Ty the sole number 2 RB, i see best case for JD is a bye week RB in PPR, i dont even think his best case is a weekly flex in PPR unless we talking 14+ teams

and to boot, im not sold on Ty either lol im in the "will trade for kenyan drake" camp fwiw

Edited by kmoore1521

4 hours ago, oresteszero said:

I feel safer rostering McKissic than Johnson tbh. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

8.3 yards a touch is pretty dang good.  Granted it's a small sample size and I'm sure some of that was catching defenses off guard.  So while it may be a small sample 8.3 yards per touch is a damn strong sample. 

I wouldn't be surprised if McKissic ends up wrestling the job away from the rookie 6th rounder Ty Johnson who really seems to be just getting first crack because of the recent draft capital used on him.

Missed out on Ty Johnson WW but picked up McKissic basically for free.  Paying close attention now. :)