Sign in to follow this  
westcg

Is Ty Johnson they guy I’ve been saving my FAAB for?

Not the team in my sig. Another, far crappier team in a 16-man league. I’m 3-4, some hopes of making the playoffs but would take some crazy run of luck to win it.

Anyway, being a 16-team, the wire is always suuuuuper thin. For perspective, the top adds last week were Benny Snell and Foster Moreau. 

Ty Johnson seems like the best real prospect I might see there all season. I have like $725 of my $1000 FAAB left. How much do I bid for him? I’m thinking over $500? Or am I just overreacting now that there’s finally someone worth bidding on.

Thanks!

update: here’s the team. Half PPR.

QB: Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr

RB: D Montgomery, Ronald Jones, Devin Singletary, Chris Thompson, Rex Burkhead

WR: Michael Thomas, OBJ, Melvin Gordon, Phillip Dorsett, Deebo Samuel

TE: Dawson Knox, Jared Cook

I mean, this is Stafford's team, and he's going to air it out more than they're going to keep it on the ground. 

If he's going to catch a bunch of screen passes, then sure. But Kerryon wasn't crushing it on a consistent basis, so I find it hard to believe that Ty will... who knows though. If you don't think someone else will emerge, then  go for it. 

I was leaning towards no, but being a 16 team league, I imagine there's not a lot out there. So I'd actually say yes, spend a good amount on him. I never played FAAB so I don't know percentage wise, but there may not be someone more valuable unless one of the top handcuffs are available and you think the starter will go down. 

Oh jeez, are they gonna trade for Drake and create a nice committee instead?

16 team league I would expect most if not all backups are taken.  Its week 8 blow your FAAB on him and hope for the best.