i8mygoldfish

Tommy Edman for 2020?

What is the general consensus on him for next year? Starter for sure?

For context, I'm considering keeping him in a 20 team head to head points league. He's young and has multiple positions. He really impressed me this season and with a potential full season of AB's his numbers also project pretty decently.

Thanks For any thoughts!

I doubt he gets full time AB's in a crowded Cardinals lineup.  Possibly could be a Jeff McNeil type situation, where they try to get his bat in the lineup as much as possible, however that would be at the expense of Carpenter, DeJong, Wong, along with Bader, Carlson, and the rest of the young guys coming up.  I would realistically expect 450-500 AB's tho are well within reach, especially if Carpenter struggles like he did in 2019.  Thats probably his best chance other than injury.  If he does hit like McNeil did then they will have no choice as to keep him in the lineup everyday and his multi position flexibility will make him pretty valuable.  

As far as keeping him in a 20 team league, seems like a good move.  But without knowing who you would be putting back instead, hard to make a full judgement

Throw Backs would be:

James McCann
Danny Santana
Willy Adames      
Nomar Mazara
Joey Bart
Adley Rutschman      
Royce Lewis      
Estevan Florial
Jon Gray
Dallas Keuchel      
Justin Dunn     
Brusdar Graterol    
James Karinchak

Keepers Are:

Josh Bell    
Tommy Edman    
Rafael Devers    
Xander Bogaerts    
Victor Robles
Christian Yelich
Lucas Giolito    
Mike Soroka

For a Points league, I would consider keeping Keuchel.  Can never have enough SP in Points leagues, and Edman no guarantee.  Since its not dynasty, no reason to keep a minors guy either.  So for me its Keuchel, unless later the offseason we hear more positive news about Edman getting full time AB's

I do for sure agree about never having too many pitchers, but I'm just over Keuchel. I pulled him off waivers in april and waited him out, thought he would do better than he did in ATL. 

I would likely keep Gray over him if I were to keep another pitcher.