Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

2019-2020 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

It needs to be a place for 1 game overreactions, rage drops, October Hot Takes, and other junk. 

Drafted Harden and Westbrook 1/2 in h2h weekly, and this shortened week where the rockets only play 2 games is reminding me why it's not a good idea to draft two guys on the same team that high...and that's aside from the question of how this experiment is going to work out and whether westbrook is now permanently sub 70 pct freethrow poison that's gonna completely waste hardens value as an anchor (for whatever reason I convinced myself that a change of scenery will fix whatever happened to him over last 2 seasons within the span of 2 minutes once I was on the clock in round 2)

On the plus side, immediately after I picked Westbrook I was kicking myself during the draft and after for not picking Kemba instead, and at least he dissapointed in his debut. 

The thought of drafting these guys together never occurred to me predraft and it feels like such an all or nothing move that might have already ****** my season. Least it'll be interesting

Edited by blazeh
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, blazeh said:

Drafted Harden and Westbrook 1/2 in h2h weekly, and this shortened week where the rockets only play 2 games is reminding me why it's not a good idea to draft two guys on the same team that high...and that's aside from the question of how this experiment is going to work out and whether westbrook is now permanently sub 70 pct freethrow poison that's gonna completely waste hardens value as an anchor (for whatever reason I convinced myself that a change of scenery will fix whatever happened to him over last 2 seasons within the span of 2 minutes once I was on the clock in round 2)

On the plus side, immediately after I picked Westbrook I was kicking myself during the draft and after for not picking Kemba instead, and at least he dissapointed in his debut. 

The thought of drafting these guys together never occurred to me predraft and it feels like such an all or nothing move that might have already ****** my season. Least it'll be interesting

You could always trade Russ and remember its a LONG season and Harden and Russ will give you enough stats to cover multiple games dont panic

I drunkenly traded away Lowry and Ja for D'Angelo and Rozier three days ago.  I don't HATE the trade, as I'm punting FG% , figured D'Angelo would kill it with Steph out, and Rozier has long since looked like a fg% punt stud, last week aside.  But I felt afterward, when I woke up, that I just plain am higher on Ja than Rozier.

This was the first day that day processed.  I'd still rather have left the Ja/Rozier part out of it, but I, through sheer luck, won that trade by a landslide.

• Like 1

Favors takes title of "mid-round guy who had a slow start that you sniped off waivers"

On 11/14/2019 at 10:33 PM, Crazycanto said:

Favors takes title of "mid-round guy who had a slow start that you sniped off waivers"

Facts.

Struggling a little bit right now because I'm missing ayton, Middleton and hayward. The way I'm looking at it is that they're all coming back in December so it'll be like having a little Christmas present. Lol

On the plus side, my waiver pick ups have been on point: Jabari, Tristan Thompson and Nunn. I also got pg13 back so that's nice to have.

I have made a single move in one league where I'm about to be 4-0. Adding Devonte Graham. I think as long as Lebron doesnt get hurt I can coast to the playoffs just on that one move. 

1 hour ago, BayofPuigs said:

I have made a single move in one league where I'm about to be 4-0. Adding Devonte Graham. I think as long as Lebron doesnt get hurt I can coast to the playoffs just on that one move. 

What’s your team?

Just lost my week 5-4.

The deciding category was FT%, my team shot 126/146 for the week, my opponent shot 127/147.

I lost by exactly one free throw, or 0.09%.

• Like 1