Sign in to follow this  
buccsfan22

Keep Forever Trade

Keep 15 forever

H2H 5x5 with OBP instead of AVG and QS instead of W

A: Soroka, Hoskins, Kirilloff

B: DeGrom

Team A trying to consolidate talent. Worth it?

If it were an average league, then maybe.  But Hoskins's value goes up dramatically in OBP leagues, and I think you're selling low on him.  Tough, but decline because of Hoskins.

OMG, Side A wins bigtime for me.  DeGrom is great, but getting up there in age and Soroka just had the best ERA for a rookie since Jose Fernandez.  To get a top 50 hitter in Hoskins and an elite prospect in Kirilloff on top makes it a no brainer for me.  Great value for team A

I dunno.  I still like to get the best player, which is DeGrom, esp. since it is QS instead of Ws so the Mets horrid offense does not hurt the value as much as in 5x5 Roto.  Hoskins is flawed.  Soroka is not nearly proven.  It is a fairly even trade in that respect imo, though based on potential it definitely favors side A...could work out either way depending on what Soroka and Hoskins do next year though.

Probably depends a bit where each team is - I agree if just given a choice with no context, sure give me side A.  But if I have a fairly deep roster, so Im cutting two players to keep 15 that are pretty good and I really need a frontline ace?  Then give me the Degrom side.