hoopking

Eric "Non-Spicy P" Paschall 2019-2020 Outlook

Hey let’s just not start him and barely get him the ball even though he’s been our brightest young player this season, better let Russell and Draymond get theirs in a lost season.

I’ll never for the life of me understand the need to appease veterans when your team looks like s---. Just tell them the truth about the situation. 

Edited by Lifschitz

34 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Hey let’s just not start him and barely get him the ball even though he’s been our brightest young player this season, better let Russell and Draymond get theirs in a lost season.

I’ll never for the life of me understand the need to appease veterans when your team looks like s---. Just tell them the truth about the situation. 

In general i agree and this is why i fear he wont have much value barring a Dray injury, his non existent stocks and terrible rebounds don't help.

Funny thing is veteran Russell and Paschall are the same age 😁

Pride (or at least the perception of it), the new arena, and having Dlo maintain or even improve his trade value is what is suppressing Paschall’s usage for now.

As they keep losing more injuries are going to pop up so the veterans can rest.

He's still getting minutes although Draymond got ejected. Not sure what to think about him. I can tell he plays hard. he got some steals? he plays strong on defense but will he get enough opportunities

12 minutes ago, XNW said:

He's still getting minutes although Draymond got ejected. Not sure what to think about him. I can tell he plays hard. he got some steals? he plays strong on defense but will he get enough opportunities

not until they sit Russell down, which may not be for another two months as they handed him a pretty contract. 

Russell is an offense killer, he takes shots at the expense of the offense succeeding as a whole. 

Paschall has the skills to be their leading scorer this year, he’s a percentages and points big with threes, so he does present value as an end of the bench guy. But now he falls to bottom of the hierarchy because Russell and Burks are going to earn theirs. This pegs him down into that Damion lee Glenn Robinson range of inconsistency. 

I’d rather let someone else deal with it until they truly call it a night on their season.

Edited by Lifschitz

4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

not until they sit Russell down, which may not be for another two months as they handed him a pretty contract. 

Russell is an offense killer, he takes shots at the expense of the offense succeeding as a whole. 

yeah that's true. Ive been adding and dropping this dude, using FAAB, but ive been watching the game.. Dlo gets all the shots no matter what.. and even friggen burks and bowman take all the shots after that. Paschall barely gets the scrap and its just usually an ISO situation for him. 

Only Warrior with a positive net rating tonight, silver linings lol. Did anyone see if he got minutes with Draymond tonight? The Warriors' centers suck and they have long used Draymond as their most effective big. Any chance they use him and draymond as a combo at 4-5 together?

7 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Only Warrior with a positive net rating tonight, silver linings lol. Did anyone see if he got minutes with Draymond tonight? The Warriors' centers suck and they have long used Draymond as their most effective big. Any chance they use him and draymond as a combo at 4-5 together?

he did, at one point they were out there together with Russell 

30 minutes is encouraging, probably enough to  maintain 12 team value

44 minutes ago, Igno said:

30 minutes is encouraging, probably enough to  maintain 12 team value

not at 10 fga and off the bench, he doesn’t offer enough statistical/peripheral diversity to justify it.

russell took away one of his main strengths, scoring.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

D LO and Paschall are both 23

16 minutes ago, Quazza said:

D LO and Paschall are both 23

it’s fine, but we know who russell is, you can argue he needs his development, but more or less even last year in his breakout campaign his numbers were all in line with the rest of his career, they were simply extrapolated based on more minutes and more volume, he’s highly overrated.

Paschall can be a late bloomer, bigs also typically take longer to develop. Siakam was 24 years old in his mip campaign, a late pick, had a great collegiate career and was not thought to have a high ceiling. 

14 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

it’s fine, but we know who russell is, you can argue he needs his development, but more or less even last year in his breakout campaign his numbers were all in line with the rest of his career, they were simply extrapolated based on more minutes and more volume, he’s highly overrated.

Paschall can be a late bloomer, bigs also typically take longer to develop. Siakam was 24 years old in his mip campaign, a late pick, had a great collegiate career and was not thought to have a high ceiling. 

so at 23, there isn't room for Russel to develop?

weird take, but ok

Just now, Quazza said:

so at 23, there isn't room for Russel to develop?

weird take, but ok

We can argue semantics and what his ceiling is, but if you look at his skill set he's pretty much the same type of player, he likes floaters, he likes bad shots, his handle has improved slightly, but he's not making more than he did in his first few years, he simply upped his volume and with that his scoring has gone up. His efficiency is in line with his career.

He's unathletic, he doesn't have a great build but his size allows him to post up, and he has a Nick Young mentality on offense. He has some great passing skills but he doesn't actually know how to run a team as a big guard. He plays like a combo guard, and he also disappears regularly with terrible shooting performances.

He'd have to show a lot more consistency with his shooting throughout the course of an entire season, not just a hot stretch, and he would have to actually improve his offensive awareness/IQ.

The argument isn't that he shouldn't get minutes at all, but he's getting the greenlight to shoot a thousand shots to the detriment of the rest of the team, and there are other young players that are worthy of developing here (Paschall).

The team is terrible, it isn't going anywhere, but you also have to rein him in. 

His recent hot 3 game hot streak has bumped up his FG% on the year, but if you look prior to that he's just as bad as all the other years. 

Paschall will be a better real life player than fantasy player as long as Dray is raining on our parade... 

Just now, dfstout said:

Paschall will be a better real life player than fantasy player as long as Dray is raining on our parade... 

Agreed.  But since it's Dray and GS we're talking about, he's still a worthwhile stash for the next Draymond suspension or fake injury.

1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

Agreed.  But since it's Dray and GS we're talking about, he's still a worthwhile stash for the next Draymond suspension or fake injury.

Agreed I just feel like if you drop him you can probably scoop him back up in a 12 teamer by the next game and keep rotating him in...like a Jarrett Culver or Thad Young or Dre Hunter type... all I'm sayin is don't miss out on a guy because your waiting for Paschall to become the guy... 

• Like 1

It's only 10 games into the season for Paschall and I believe he never expected to get 30 mins at this point in his career. And I bet he has no trouble with Russell getting all those shots right now especially on nights he is hitting them! I mean yeah ok it would be cool and all to get Paschall more usage, but he is nowhere near the talent that Russell is right now. They are the same age and one just was drafted in 2nd round and the other just signed a max contract and is an All Star. It's not Russell's fault that Paschall is one trick ponny in fantasy terms because all his does is score. And now we are complaining here because a player that was not supposed to even play 10 mins right now is not getting more than 10 shots per game? If it is still happening in game 60 with Warriors dead last in the league then go ahead, but to me this is ridiculous right now.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

It's only 10 games into the season for Paschall and I believe he never expected to get 30 mins at this point in his career. And I bet he has no trouble with Russell getting all those shots right now especially on nights he is hitting them! I mean yeah ok it would be cool and all to get Paschall more usage, but he is nowhere near the talent that Russell is right now. They are the same age and one just was drafted in 2nd round and the other just signed a max contract and is an All Star. It's not Russell's fault that Paschall is one trick ponny in fantasy terms because all his does is score. And now we are complaining here because a player that was not supposed to even play 10 mins right now is not getting more than 10 shots per game? If it is still happening in game 60 with Warriors dead last in the league then go ahead, but to me this is ridiculous right now.

There is a conflation here about the hierarchy. There isn't a suggestion from my end about Russell not being the go-to guy - that is pretty obvious and non-arguable, but Paschall displayed he can be that or a secondary scorer with all the injuries they have. There should be more even spread to have him as a secondary scorer, most teams have multiple scorers, can you name me the other guys that are being developed here outside of Russell being green-lit to shoot to his heart's content? 

The Warriors are running sets entirely predicated on their main guard just coming of screens and shooting as much as he likes or pulling up. I'm fine with a hierarchy of him at #1, but there should be more sets being run for other guys as well, not sporadic shots within the offense.

For the last sentence, no one is talking about that. He'll be 'rosterable' when this team is tanking, but with the skill he's shown he should be rostered right now, and its hard to make a case for it any longer as long as Russell is there - that tells you something. 

This team is figuratively so talent starved, they found something, and now you can no longer trust that thing because a single player re-appeared who doesn't even play the same position.

Most teams have several guys on fantasy rosters (heck, my main league team I have almost 2 of each from various teams and some people have 3).

Edited by Lifschitz

Maybe you shouldn't expect a team to change strong habits of many years in just a handful of games? Yes they will run the plays for their guards. This is what they have been doing for many years now. They need time to adjust.

• Like 2

my man out here looking like prime Dream

• Like 1

Did Paschall injure his hand also? Read it in Gallagher’s tweet. 

NVM. He’s back in. 

Edited by lbc88

He had a cold or hot pack on his hand for a while. Team doctor looked at it twice on the bench, seems fine. A couple makes away from a nice line. (He missed an open 3 at end of game which woulda got his fg% up to 50 with 19 pats and 2 threes.) But he needs to figure stuff out on the defensive end. Got a few steals and blocks in college but barely even tries to get position on rebounds. I was surprised to see him end with 8... 

Edited by BMart519