MysticPeak

Dwight Powell 2019-2020 Outlook

spacer.png

Unfortunately he'll be out for quite some time and won't be back until early November. But now that he's clearly their starting Center this season, what can we expect from Powell this year? Floor and ceiling projections? 

I've never had him on my fantasy before, but I know about his hot run last season. So for us who aren't familiar with him yet, is there any weird pattern that we need to know about? Maybe. If.

Yahoo profile: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5356/

Splits: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5356/splits

Edited by MysticPeak

1 hour ago, t0087669 said:

early Nov? wheres the source?

"Powell was doing some on-court work on Friday and was moving around, so he is at least progressing." -RW

Maybe later than early Nov. 🤷‍♂️

just got inj tag in yahoo

I'm assuming he'll be back later in this coming week. He's already on the court and they said he would miss the first 2 games, it's a game by game thing. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

Thoughts on him playing w/ KP. He played well down the stretch last year but that was w/o KP. 

KP isn’t a good rebounder, they compliment each other. Powell can also shoot threes, he was at 40 percent the last two months, so it’s not like Kleber has a huge advantage there. They can play off each other inside out. Powell is more of a low end double doubles guy who can sprinkle in just under 1 1 1 and great percentages.

perfect guy to complement a roster.

with the contract they handed him once the rust is off he should play a lot of minutes at two spots. 28 for sure. It takes time to grow on Carlisle, he’s an old school coach, it’s why Barea ended up having solid seasons even with younger players behind him. 

• Like 4

You will want this guy. Should be back in the next few games with top 75 upside.

Starting C/PFs with 10/8/0.5/0.5/0.5 with great % is hard to find in standard leagues.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kamura said:

You will want this guy. Should be back in the next few games with top 75 upside.

Starting C/PFs with 10/8/0.5/0.5/0.5 with great % is hard to find in standard leagues.

Post allstar last year:

14.8 / 7.5 / 2.5 / .8 / .8 and .9 3's on 62% FG, 79% FT, just 1 turnover, 30 mpg in 24 games

that is a pretty damn solid line, zero weakness. If he creeps closer to 1 / 1 / 1 it's even better. 

• Like 1

Need him badly with the loss of Ayton. He’s a legitimate double double threat and I’m hoping his game opens up even more playing next to KP. 

• Like 1

One of those guys you can draft late and really rounded out your team. I’ve been quietly anticipating his return.

Hopefully hamstring issue isn’t lingering problem...if so, we all got a nice 1-2 round discount off a already incredibly slept on player. 

Huerter also in a similar boat over there in Atl too. Expect both guys to absolutely smash their adp if they stay heathy.

Was a top 35 player for a 22 game stretch last season. Does it all outside assists and should be a nice piece beside KP

• Thanks 1

You think I can somehow sneak not picking him up right now and wait till tomorrow? Cause I wanna get Dario Saric stats today or do you think hes a guy people will quickly pick up?

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

You think I can somehow sneak not picking him up right now and wait till tomorrow? Cause I wanna get Dario Saric stats today or do you think hes a guy people will quickly pick up?

Depends on who is in your league and if they know who he is. He’s been out for some time so don’t expect instant production 

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

He’s a guy people should pick up.  It’s league dependent.  But I wouldn’t risk not picking up a top 75 guy for one game.  That seems very short sighted. 

Just now, StifleTower2 said:

He’s a guy people should pick up.  It’s league dependent.  But I wouldn’t risk not picking up a top 75 guy for one game.  That seems very short sighted. 

you are right, i just did the move and dropped saric. I just thought about it and I missed out on Cody Zeller because of doing this. Cant risk it again.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

you are right, i just did the move and dropped saric. I just thought about it and I missed out on Cody Zeller because of doing this. Cant risk it again.

Awe man zeller is ******** awesome 🤣

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

With the recent update of him being questionable -- wouldn't gamble. Must pick up now.

Keep in mind KP wasn't in the line up last year. Powell end up with more REB and Shoot. Just don't drop anyone solid to pick him up. 

1 minute ago, MysticPeak said:

Anyone firing him up tonight?

Super light day so of course with the expectations of him getting barely any stats or minutes. Even if he geta 10 minutes with 1 shot attempt and 1 rebound its a success thst hes out there again building up his conditioning.