MysticPeak

Dwight Powell 2019-2020 Outlook

What is he strong at? I know his percentages are pretty good but just by looking at numbers he seems like a big who can’t rebound or block or steal. That doesn’t seem too enticing, what am I missing?

2 minutes ago, molski said:

What is he strong at? I know his percentages are pretty good but just by looking at numbers he seems like a big who can’t rebound or block or steal. That doesn’t seem too enticing, what am I missing?

Literally wont hurt you anywhere and the potential 1/1/1 on high %... good player to have at end of bench

• Like 1

........and it'll be only him, Luka and KP the ones crashing boards. It helps that KP doesn't chase after rebounds which has been stated numerous amount of times already in this thread. Efficiency, potential 1/1/1 and possibly more boards, I'll take it.

Check Dwight Powell's last season's monthly splits.

Edited by MysticPeak

45 minutes ago, molski said:

Last year post all star break when he started (final 22 games)  he averaged 15 8 1 steal 1block on 65% from the field 44% from the line (making 1 three) and near 80% from the line while turning the ball over only once. He's a great glue guy and kind of like nance jr in a way. Nice end of the bench guy.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Last year post all star break when he started (final 22 games)  he averaged 15 8 1 steal 1block on 65% from the field 44% from the line (making 1 three) and near 80% from the line while turning the ball over only once. He's a great glue guy and kind of like nance jr in a way. Nice end of the bench guy.

looking to actually drop nance jr for this guy.

1 hour ago, molski said:

where did you draft him? Did you pick him up on the wire? How many teams in your league? 

DwP doesn’t hurt you anywhere. Sure, he won’t win homecoming king, but he’s the guy that f$&?s the homecoming queen and you don’t hear about it until your 10 year reunion, and by then, it’s too late 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

where did you draft him? Did you pick him up on the wire? How many teams in your league? 

DwP doesn’t hurt you anywhere. Sure, he won’t win homecoming king, but he’s the guy that f$&?s the homecoming queen and you don’t hear about it until your 10 year reunion, and by then, it’s too late 

Interesting take lol, if kleber is out hopefully close to 30 min tmr

8 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Interesting take lol, if kleber is out hopefully close to 30 min tmr

The Mavs staff stated Powell's minutes would go up gradually, and he was in for 25 last game so it's reasonable to believe he'll get at least 27-28 mins today.  As good as Kleber has been in the early going, Powell is the more likely starter who can be expected to log minutes in the high 20's with occasional 30+ min games.  

8 minutes ago, 80version said:

The Mavs staff stated Powell's minutes would go up gradually, and he was in for 25 last game so it's reasonable to believe he'll get at least 27-28 mins today.  As good as Kleber has been in the early going, Powell is the more likely starter who can be expected to log minutes in the high 20's with occasional 30+ min games.  

That's what we hope for*

4 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Man, he’s not doing jack tonight. Anybody watching?

yeah, he's never in the paint which sucks

after watching the game last night, unfortunately this guy doesn't have enough upside I think. I hope I'm wrong but yeah, I think the numbers we saw will probably be the average per year

17 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

after watching the game last night, unfortunately this guy doesn't have enough upside I think. I hope I'm wrong but yeah, I think the numbers we saw will probably be the average per year

TBF he missed all of preseason, so these first several games are his preseason basically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

TBF he missed all of preseason, so these first several games are his preseason basically.

Agreed.  Buy low from an impatient owner.

Edited by El_Chingon

Also KP is glass. Powell will feast so hard if/when? KP picks up an injury. 7'3 coming off b2b acls? Idgaf i dont trust that big Latvian gangbanger

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't think Powell's performance during the last 2 months of 2018-19 were a fluke.  

Let him get into some rhythm and see if he can't regain the efficiency before making a determination, imo.  

Dwight_Powell.jpg.34f5622ca68b6d4774a0bc6fa8c309c2.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ROTY said:

Also KP is glass. Powell will feast so hard if/when? KP picks up an injury. 7'3 coming off b2b acls? Idgaf i dont trust that big Latvian gangbanger

He only had one ACL tear, not b2b. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

And he looks stronger and ripped now.  

7 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

True. Still don't trust him.