DezedandConfused

Danuel House Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

Sleeper in a fantasy friendly team. Deserves to be picked up for any team in need of a 3D wing. 

Gordon for House? I think that Troy Brown will success now that has returned too....but Houston plays a lot of quality games this year....???

Gordon bring me only a lot of threes but hurts me on FG% and dont give nothing more.

House is more complete and Troy Brown plays in Washington :(

This guy reminds me a bit of what Ariza used to give the Rockets. Plays in that ridiculously fantasy friendly system, seems like one of their few perimeter defenders (other than Tucker). Do you guys see him continuing at about the pace he has started this season (which is about top 70-80) or is there something in his stats that does not seem sustainable.

his first name makes me nauseous the way it's spelled.  Butchered like a muthfukka

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

This guy reminds me a bit of what Ariza used to give the Rockets. Plays in that ridiculously fantasy friendly system, seems like one of their few perimeter defenders (other than Tucker). Do you guys see him continuing at about the pace he has started this season (which is about top 70-80) or is there something in his stats that does not seem sustainable.

I have little time to deal with uncertainty. Dropped Baynes for him and hoping it sticks.

Those out of position blocks look incredibly enticing. He could be what Danny Green used to be with a couple more point per game.

EDIT: Didn't realise he only blocked 0.3 shots per game last season, maybe not then! Still an enticing pickup for threes and maybe a steal a game without killing %'s.

Edited by Stallion

If you need a 3 and D guy I suggest you grab him before he’s picked up. He’s one of their best defenders and his stocks are legit. He gets a lot of clean looks from 3 and I think he’ll continue to expand his offensive game as the season progresses. Harden and Westbrook are really in his ear out there encouraging him to be aggressive. Don’t sleep! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Supersonics said:

If you need a 3 and D guy I suggest you grab him before he’s picked up. He’s one of their best defenders and his stocks are legit. He gets a lot of clean looks from 3 and I think he’ll continue to expand his offensive game as the season progresses. Harden and Westbrook are really in his ear out there encouraging him to be aggressive. Don’t sleep! 

I haven't gotten to see any of their games. Does he actually have a defensive reputation? If so I do think he is a definite 12 team guy since the biggest thing to watch out for in fantasy most days are minutes and he has them in droves in Houston without any depth. 

I like his numbers so far but I haven’t watched any Rockets games this year to see the “eye test” for a pickup. 
He’s not being talked up a lot by writers so he’s still available in many leagues. 

11 minutes ago, Cozie said:

I like his numbers so far but I haven’t watched any Rockets games this year to see the “eye test” for a pickup. 
He’s not being talked up a lot by writers so he’s still available in many leagues. 

I just picked up House over D. White which I was going back and forth with. Overall I think he has more ROS value and I really like getting guys from the highest pace offenses. With the addition of Westbrook this year we are looking at an offense that will play at a ridiculous pace (already #1 by a mile) which will mean more open 3 looks for a guy whose fantasy value will thrive on them (House) but also more defensive possessions where he can contribute in steals/ the odd block.

• Like 2

He should be owned in 12 teamers. 3&D guys are hard to find and he's on a team run by two of the top 5 assist guys in the league. If the stocks stick I'll be pleasantly surprised 

Finally got a chance to watch a Rockets game. 

*****Added******

Damn, those are practically Roco numbers. Don't love that he only averaged 0.7 steals and 0.4 blocks in college, but his situation with the Rockets looks fantastic.

37 minutes ago, tomtomtom said:

i was deciding to pick up either house or jordan poole, what do u guys think?

house is better choice,starting SF and play more minutes

4 hours ago, mattshhh said:

Damn, those are practically Roco numbers. Don't love that he only averaged 0.7 steals and 0.4 blocks in college, but his situation with the Rockets looks fantastic.

I like this guy but calling him "practically Roco" is a bit silly lol Roco is a 2.5 three, 2 steal, 1.3 block guy. This guy is at 0.8 steals and 1 block. Big difference between 1 and 2 steals. Not a lot of guys who get over 2 steals.

I also wonder why everyone thinks the blocks are real?  He was at 0.3 last year and never a shot blocker in college. The minutes are up but 0.3 to 1 is a big jump.

He's still a good add depending on your build. I think the fg%, 3 threes, 5 boards and 1 steal are real given the minutes and system but I dunno about the blocks. 

Also picked him up off waivers. It’s hard to find any players who contribute at least something in a 14 team league, so let’s see if he can at least get a little going 

24 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Also picked him up off waivers. It’s hard to find any players who contribute at least something in a 14 team league, so let’s see if he can at least get a little going 

Love House for 14 team leagues.  The elite 3pt and TO is a given if MDA keeps giving him similar run.  The average rebounds is also a given.  If he can average better than a steal and a half a block he's going to help and then some.

Dropped Harkless for him as I'm not happy with Harkless playing time. Hopefully the steals stay above 1 per game and the blocks at even 0.7 would be nice. The boards have been great, but as someone soft punting 3's and points (and hard punting assists), I feel like I'm rostering this guy because of his overall value and not because of his fit with my team. Anyone else in that same boat?