Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Stifler Dynasty Football! (PPR w/ IDP''s)

haha Broken Im a teenager too man so no worries, I have a job but I dont work until Friday and Saturday night this week.

haha Broken Im a teenager too man so no worries, I have a job but I dont work until Friday and Saturday night this week.

Another teen that also enjoys golf? Never thought I'd see the day.

I actually work on a course...lol.

I wanted Marshawn to get to me =[.

Haha yeah I love golf, playing it not watching. I can only watch some events but love playing it... not too good though. I also wanted Marshawn!

Heh...I want at least one Bill to put my Bills Seasons to better use. I never end up with any Bills starters though.

However that could be looked at as a blessing or a curse, depending on your viewpoint.

End of Round 1:

Round 1:

RW Screen Name / Team Name / Pick

1. BigH / Gang Green / Adrian Peterson (MIN_- RB)

2. Dublin_Seahawks / Cereal Killers- Steven Jackson (STL- RB)

3. gman71 / Crinkle Crinkle- Ladanian Tomlinson (SD- RB)

4. Br0kenB / Bad News Kennels- Joseph Addai (IND- RB)

5. Tdavis20 / Go Cheeseheads!- Tom Brady (NE- QB)

6. habliker / The Longest Yard- Brian Westbrook PHI-RB)

7. endzoneview / TheEndzoneView- Frank Gore- SF-RB)

8. Biggz / NWA- Randy Moss (NE- WR)

9. sya / Stifler- Marion Barber (DAL- RB)

10. qmar / Ace n the Hoe- Clinton Portis (WAS- RB)

11. ChuckNorrisApproves / ChuckNorrisApproves- Peyton Manning (IND- QB)

12. Specter / Strike Force-Marshawn Lynch (BUF- RB)

I got ChuckNorris' pick. He sent me PM, and based on the PM he sent me, his pick will be Larry Johnson (KC- RB)

Round 2:

1. Specter / Strike Force- Maurice Jones Drew (JAC- RB)

2. ChuckNorrisApproves / ChuckNorrisApproves- Larry Johnson (KC- RB)

3. qmar / Ace n the Hoe

4. sya / Stifler

5. Biggz / NWA

6. endzoneview / TheEndzoneView

7. habliker / The Longest Yard

8. Tdavis20 / Go Cheeseheads!

9. Br0kenB / Bad News Kennels

10. gman71 / Crinkle Crinkle

11. Dublin_Seahawks / Cereal Killers

12. BigH / Gang Green

qmar is OTC.

Haha yeah I love golf, playing it not watching. I can only watch some events but love playing it... not too good though. I also wanted Marshawn!

I for one always wanted to learn golf, but I don't know never had the time (more on lazy really). And I hate being exposed to the sun for a long time.

As for Marshawn, in fact I think he slipped just a bit. In dynasty drafts I heard Marshawn was getting selected in the first 8 picks.

League Alert: I changed League Settings for Commish to approve trades. I think this will be helpful so trades can be completed faster and be incorporated into your following week's line-up. If I happen to leave town or not have internet access, I'll temporarily pass on commish powers to someone else. Thanks

Another League Announcement: Round 1 is complete, and as I mentioned before your Draft Picks have now been added to your team. Now I have also OPENED UP THE PLAYER POOL. So starting this moment, when you make your pick, also ADD YOUR PICK FROM THE FA LIST. Thanks!

Edit: Ok damn, I made a mistake, minor error. I forgot to make players clear waivers as soon as I open up the FA pool. So now they will clear on July 19. But I think as commish, I can override the waiver and add the player you pick to your Team. So for the mean time (until July 19) when you make your pick, I'll be adding them to your team. Thanks.

Good lord,how in the world did Westbrook fall so far?

I think because I took S-Jax at #2 meant that LT dropped out of the top 2 and all the picks immediatly after that will look like value.

I'll be gone for a while and be back around 9.30 AM eastern. I don't know if qmar will make his pick because it's rise and shine for most of us here. But I'll PM my next pick to Biggz so just in case qmar & Biggz show up, three picks will be made at once.

With their 2nd round pick, Ace N the Hoe select:

"The President" Reggie Bush

06-reggie-bush-action-3-HI13906-sm.jpg

I just added Reggie Bush to your roster qmar.

With the 4th pick of the 2nd round, the management will go with a Wide Receiver who is already a proven stud, but is only beginning to enter his prime. And after signing a huge extension this summer, things are looking good for fella. Totaling for 1400+ yards and 100 receptions last year despite missing one game, Stifler selects...

LARRY FITZGERALD of the Arizona Cardinals.

Round 2:

1. Specter / Strike Force- Maurice Jones Drew (JAC- RB)

2. ChuckNorrisApproves / ChuckNorrisApproves- Larry Johnson (KC- RB)

3. qmar / Ace n the Hoe- Reggie Bush (NO- RB)

4. sya / Stifler- Larry Fitzgerald (ARI- WR)

5. Biggz / NWA

6. endzoneview / TheEndzoneView

7. habliker / The Longest Yard

8. Tdavis20 / Go Cheeseheads!

9. Br0kenB / Bad News Kennels

10. gman71 / Crinkle Crinkle

11. Dublin_Seahawks / Cereal Killers

12. BigH / Gang Green

Biggz is On The Clock.

FYI - I had an ephiphany last night and decided I'd use our draft as some writing material for my site (see below - shameless plug). I figured I'd just document my thought process as my make my selections and comment on players that fall or get taken too early. Don't worry, I won't make fun of your picks TOO much. Ha!

Things are a bit slow right now news wise so I need the filler.

I see Br0kenb already checked it out.

I know a lot of people will think I reached for S-Jax, but I really can't get away from the fact most RBs decline sharply once they reach 30, look at S Alexander, and LT just worries me this year. Jackson however looks primed for a huge year and I felt he had the highest ceiling out of the other stud RBs on the board, what's your opinion Endzoneview or EZV as I'm gonna call you from now on.

I don't think you reached at all. Honestly, I would have done the same thing. It's probably not a popular choice, but if you look at it from a total production stand point: LT will give you two years at best at his current production rate while SJAX has a chance to produce at his current rate for at least 5 years. It's a tough call, but I think the right one.

I was sitting there at 7 and I was scared to death Westbrook was going to fall to me. Luckily I didn't have to make the tough call.

I'm not sure where the line is, but if you have two guys ranked closely regardless of age, the younger guy MUST win out when drafting a dynasty team in my opinion.

I know a lot of people will think I reached for S-Jax, but I really can't get away from the fact most RBs decline sharply once they reach 30, look at S Alexander, and LT just worries me this year. Jackson however looks primed for a huge year and I felt he had the highest ceiling out of the other stud RBs on the board, what's your opinion Endzoneview or EZV as I'm gonna call you from now on.

Whether you want to hear my opinion or not, this is a Dynasty League. LT is 29, has carried the ball over 2300 times in his career. I don't think anyone would say you reached on SJax considering he probably would have gone the pick right after or 2 picks later anyway. You got a guy with 1400 less NFL carries than LT. Don't think this was a reach.

Let me also say that getting LT with the 3rd pick of the draft is also nice. Pretty sure you could go either way on those two guys though.

I knew that the guy drafting #3 would love having LT fall into his lap!

Checked out the website EZV, good stuff, I shall be monitoring it!!

FYI - I had an ephiphany last night and decided I'd use our draft as some writing material for my site (see below - shameless plug). I figured I'd just document my thought process as my make my selections and comment on players that fall or get taken too early. Don't worry, I won't make fun of your picks TOO much. Ha!

Things are a bit slow right now news wise so I need the filler.

I see Br0kenb already checked it out.

Keep up the writing. It's interesting to see one of your own drafts being analyzed by another owner. Good read.

I wrote about the first round as well. The only thing I didn't like was the Manning selection.

Wow, picks have really slowed today. I guess that's the nature of a forum draft.

It has slowed, but like I said, if we keep on our pace of 1 round a day we'll be golden. Of course it will probably slow even more on the weekends.

Nice start to the blog Br0kenB.

The PM system really does help maintain the flow of the draft.

Question:

Does Reggie Bush still return punts? I know, I should know this, but I'm having a VERY hard time finding any return stats for him last year. Did they stop putting him in that role once Deuce got hurt?

My question pertains to our league rules in that you also get 1 pt for every 25 yards of return game. I'm assuming that's kick and punt return? Or just punt return? Can you way in commish?

If it is Kick and Punt Returns, Jones-Drew gets a nice little boost in this format. 33 additional points from last years kick return yards. Good snag to whoever got Mr. Thunder Thighs.

I would expect he would this year as long as the Saints don't need him as the primary back due to injuries.

I really need to take a closee look at the scoring system we have. B)

I would expect he would this year as long as the Saints don't need him as the primary back due to injuries.

I really need to take a closee look at the scoring system we have. B)

Yeah, everything else seems pretty standard. That was the one piece I didn't see (beleive it or not) until after I drafted Reggie. I was more concerned with Return TD's in making sure that the player at least got those (b/c I have been in leagues where only the Team Defense got the Return TD). The 25 yards is a nice perk for me if in fact Reggie is returning this year.