hornrimmed_rambis

Frank Ntilikina 2019-2020 Outlook

Gonna hang on for hopes of the peripheral stats, but if he doesn't get some confidence running the offense I can't see Fiz not giving his minutes to one of the other guys when they come back.

Straight up though, if he gets 1.5/1.5 stocks and occasional 3s, wouldn’t he be the perfect pg Thybulle? Why were people so high on Thy but not impressed by Frank the mini tank? 

Even today’s numbers aren’t bad. Keeping a strong hold.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Straight up though, if he gets 1.5/1.5 stocks and occasional 3s, wouldn’t he be the perfect pg Thybulle? Why were people so high on Thy but not impressed by Frank the mini tank? 

I'm in a 12 category comp and i'm good for points. 

His rebounds, assists, steals and blocks is what i want. 

But yeah the biggest concern is if coach wants a scoring threat as his PG will he be happy with him playing a more defensive role and generating offense elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

wouldn’t he be the perfect pg Thybulle?

In roto you can't really afford to play guys like Thybulle and Frank.

The stocks are nice but they tank you in several other categories.

Edited by alexstr
  • Like 1

He had the best +/- of any other player, I believe. He also played the most minutes. He was their best defender, and he was hustling. Offensively, he's not selfish, but he made a lot of really good decisions. This blowout and lack of defense had very little to do with Frank. The rest of the team was trash. 

Fitz likes him. Today was another indication of his confidence in Frank.

Then again, I'm not sure how long they stick with Ftiz. Outside of one year, he's had miserable teams. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tremixt said:

He had the best +/- of any other player, I believe. He also played the most minutes. He was their best defender, and he was hustling. Offensively, he's not selfish, but he made a lot of really good decisions. This blowout and lack of defense had very little to do with Frank. The rest of the team was trash. 

Fitz likes him. Today was another indication of his confidence in Frank.

Then again, I'm not sure how long they stick with Ftiz. Outside of one year, he's had miserable teams. 

I have no doubt about his talent. But one thing to take note about the heavy minutes is that he's the only healthy PG they have right now.

RJ inexplicably only played 24 minutes for his inconsistent play - if Fiz has such a short leash for someone who's being groomed to be 'the guy', I can't imagine what would happen to someone like Frank.

Although I do agree that the blowout had little to do with Frank, Payton's ability to drive and be aggressive is much needed on the team if they do want to turn things around and spark some quality offense - and I don't see anyone else other than Frank being the one who makes way for him. They need his aggressiveness more than they need Frank's defense.

I still wish for him to do well though - he's a freak on the defensive end. Hopefully he still maintains a solid role even with the return of Payton. DSJ shouldn't be playing at all.

50 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

This guy with confidence offensively could be top 20. Holding. Fiz could be fired very soon.

Sheesh, Ntilikina topped with Green for me.... No offense what so ever!!!

2 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Dude, if he could get 1.5/1.5/1, that'd be a solid hold.  

Haha, "aren't bad".  Damn, 4/6/6/2/2 is excellent IMO. And honestly, I'd rather him tank my FG% by just attempting more shots.

My concern is that Fiz might do anything to save his job, and if he loses with Frank at the helm, he might turn to anyone else (Payton, DSJ, RJB) instead.  And if Fiz gets fired, I really don't know what happens to Frank.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MWon said:

Haha, "aren't bad".  Damn, 4/6/6/2/2 is excellent IMO. And honestly, I'd rather him tank my FG% by just attempting more shots.

Me, like many GMs here, get greedy sometimes. 😂

1 minute ago, NBA_OG said:

Me, like many GMs here, get greedy sometimes. 😂

Haha, well then for our sake (and for Frank's fantasy owners, Fizdale, Knicks fans, and Frank himself), I hope he goes for 35/12/12/5/5 on 55/40/90 shooting for the reason of the season and the Knicks win their next fifty games as he plays in all of them.  :D

• Like 2

This dude is making me nervous every time he posts a monster stat line like today.

I dropped him for Boucher because I saw a better pathway to minutes, but i’m questioning my decision based on all of the talk about Fizdale losing his job. His ceiling as a 1/2/2 player is mouthwatering, and Elfrid Payton is always injured going back to last year. If DSJ loses playing time like he should, I could see big minutes for Ntilikina. 

41 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

Why so many drops on yahoo?? 

its a mix of low scoring numbers, coach/franchise turmoil, returning players taking minutes, etc. worth a hold imo 

53 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

With everything going on would DSJ be a good IR stash as well?

I'd put elfrid over DSJ at this point... dont think dsj is getting out of the dog house anytime soon as long as fitz is there... if he does return itll be a 3 way time share like Chicago... I grabbed Payton as he offers more upside when given the minutes 

3 hours ago, christino3286 said:

With everything going on would DSJ be a good IR stash as well?

DSJ has never been a good fantasy player outside of points leagues.

The team got whooped last night. He's going to get challenged for PT immediately when someone else is healthy.

47 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The team got whooped last night. He's going to get challenged for PT immediately when someone else is healthy.

I agree but this situation kind of reminds me of last year when I listened to this forum about Siakam. I had him rostered and all I heard from this forum was “OG Anunoby will come back, Kawhi wasn’t playing”. I ended up dropping him which turned out to be a huge mistake

16 minutes ago, DirkNomisszki said:

I agree but this situation kind of reminds me of last year when I listened to this forum about Siakam. I had him rostered and all I heard from this forum was “OG Anunoby will come back, Kawhi wasn’t playing”. I ended up dropping him which turned out to be a huge mistake

It's the knicks no one wins

23 minutes ago, DirkNomisszki said:

I get the analogy, but unfortunately it's apples and oranges. Siakam showed major offensive upside and confidence last year, and a dozen games in we knew we were seeing something special develop there. Ntilikina frankly looks afraid of the ball on offense. And the Knicks' biggest problem right now is their offense. His defense is elite, don't get me wrong, but he can't contribute to the offense at all. His ball-handling and playmaking seem highly underdeveloped still. And it doesn't help that he has to function in this strange roster the Knicks have put together.

I'm still holding on a bit more because the sample size is still too small. And of course the stocks and across-the-board potential is pretty high. But he won't be able to produce these stats if his playing time shrinks drastically.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DirkNomisszki said:

Except Frank is an entirely different person. Siakim showed big improvements since getting drafted, even before his breakout. Frank is more like Mudiay where, yeah, he has some significant pluses but he doesn't show much improvement and he doesn't really make his team better while on the court on a consistent basis; there are some significant holes to his game which limits when he can have good games. Plus he's playing for the incompetent Knicks and not the well run, well coached Championship Raptors.

Add him or keep him, don't let us make up your mind but he's not Siakim. No way, no how. Where are the signs?

• Thanks 1