hornrimmed_rambis

Frank Ntilikina 2019-2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

2 coaches— Hornacek + Fizdale. Not sure who is more inept... but I think it all boils down to James Dolan’s impatience of rebuilding affecting the coaches’ decisions, which you should know as a Knicks fan.

You are a prime example of what happens to Knicks fans after so many horrible years. I’m sorry you’ve gone blind sir, but there is no way in hell 25 year old Elfrid Payton—6th year, 6th team in the NBA—has more potential than 21 year old Frankie. Elfrid had has his chances, he is what he is

Good luck on your season; maybe look into a LASIK procedure if you get the chance

... What??

insert nick young looking to the side meme here —>

Ntilikina has never been a passable scorer and never will be.  Let's look at some facts:

Fact: Prior the being drafted, he averaged 3.7 PPG over 5 seasons of international play.

Fact: In 3 NBA seasons, he's a career 36/30/73 shooter averaging under 6 PPG.

At this point it's not about age.  Some guys are scorers, and it's apparent in high school, and some guys aren't.

Zion, Barrett, Coby White, Herro, Knox, Morant, JJJ, and (to some extent) Garland and Reddish are guys all examples of current 19/20 year olds with scorer mentality.  Frankie just doesn't have it.  He passes the ball as soon as he crosses mid court and usually never touches it again.

His best-case is an inefficient 7/5/5 with 1.8 steals and 0.8 blocks.  Which puts you behind the league-average PG in PTS, 3PTM, FG%, and FT%.

He's a fun player and I wish him the best but with no semblance of an offensive game I don't see him making much of a fantasy impact in his career.

Edited by alexstr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, alexstr said:

Ntilikina has never been a passable scorer and never will be.  Let's look at some facts:

Fact: Prior the being drafted, he averaged 3.7 PPG over 5 seasons of international play.

At this point it's not about age.  Some guys are scorers, and it's apparent in high school, and some guys aren't.

Zion, Barrett, Coby White, Herro, Knox, Morant, JJJ, and (to some extent) Garland and Reddish are guys all examples of current 19/20 year olds with scorer mentality.  Frankie just doesn't have it.  He passes the ball as soon as he crosses mid court and usually never touches it again.

His best-case is an inefficient 7/5/5 with 1.8 steals and 0.8 blocks.  Which puts you behind the league-average PG in PTS, 3PTM, FG%, and FT%.

He's a fun player and I wish him the best but with no semblance of an offensive game I don't see him making much of a fantasy impact in his career.

Sorry, but I disagree. This guy was unleashed while playing for team France this past summer and that was thanks to the environment that he was in. While his numbers weren't that impressive, he displayed a lot of confidence and aggressiveness that he's just starting to show for the knicks. Being on the knicks is messing with his development. He needs an environment that allows him to be himself.

Honestly, I see this guy developing in a similar way that Kawhi developed when he first came into the league. For those of yall that didnt know, Kawhi was kind of a scrub when he first entered the league lmao. However, he was in an environment that nurtured him and allowed him to develop confidence in himself and grow .

That said, I think some changes to knicks management or a trade to another team would benefit Frank greatly.

58 minutes ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

unleashed while playing for team France this past summer

Unleashed?  He scored 8 PPG.  If that's him being unleashed, his NBA offensive odds are slim.

1 hour ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

Honestly, I see this guy developing in a similar way that Kawhi developed when he first came into the league.

Not even comparable to Kawhi, who showed scoring ability in college and took a while to grow into it.

Frank has never shown offensive ability anywhere, at any level, so he has nothing to grow into.

56 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Unleashed?  He scored 8 PPG.  If that's him being unleashed, his NBA offensive odds are slim.

Not even comparable to Kawhi, who showed scoring ability in college and took a while to grow into it.

Frank has never shown offensive ability anywhere, at any level, so he has nothing to grow into.

I don't recommend this cuz the knicks are horrible, but watch a few games. Frank has been showing flashes of attitude lately. Yeah I acknowledged that his numbers from the summer don't stand out, but it's all about the aggressiveness and confidence that he showed. Frank will be great one day. Just trust the process and hope he gets traded sooner rather than later lol

Kawhi and giannis came in as scrubs, but had the work ethic and environment to eventually flourish. From what ive read, Frank has the work ethic. Now he just needs the environment. Im hoping he gets traded or the knicks organization goes through some sort of overhaul or revelation

36 minutes ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

Im hoping he gets traded or the knicks organization goes through some sort of overhaul or revelation

This is the Knicks we're talking about.  They're standard bearers for NBA mediocrity under Dolan & co.  Ntilikina fans better hope for the former because the latter sure as hell isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

I don't recommend this cuz the knicks are horrible, but watch a few games.

I've watched several Knicks games as I have Frank and M-Rob.

He's just not an offensive player.  It's clear as day.  He doesn't want anything to do with the ball on offense.  This is not an "environment" problem, it's just his temperament as a player.

You can't blame "the environment" because he was putting up the same numbers in Europe.  Also Knox, Barrett, Trier, Dotson, and DSJ are in the same "environment" and are lapping him in offensive production per minute.

Nothing against the guy but your take is simply not accurate.  He's not even closely comparable to Kawhi/Giannis (who were putting up 13/17 PPG in their third years respectively).

Temperament aside 

He plays along side of Barrett, Morris and Randle 

I almost wish he came off the bench bc he’s not gonna get much usage playing w those guys

So it seems like the net consensus here is that Frank is essentially Kris Dunn with slightly higher block potential?

12 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

is essentially Kris Dunn

Kris Dunn has averaged 11 and 13 PPG in two separate seasons.

Frank is in his 3rd season and has yet to hit 6 PPG. 

10 hours ago, alexstr said:

So if he upped his scoring potential by 13 points he'd be a 20 5 5 1.8 .8 guy? lol

dude, needs to do his career a favor and sign with the spurs when his contract expires. the knicks cant develop their talented young players (lin, ntilikina, mitchrob, knox). barrett might be too talented to let the knicks deter his growth, but i wont be surprised if he doesnt reach his full potential.

My dude just needs a better environment. Also, numbers don't tell the whole story. Maybe comparing him to Kawhi and Giannis was going a little too far, but I believe Frank is at least an all star at some point in his career. Considering he was drafted by the knicks, I can't really fault him for taking a bit longer to develop. Hopefully he signs with the spurs, indiana, or some other good organization that isnt in "win now" mode

Can he do two things at a time? Defense and Offense. Anyway positive is that he has an offensive side which we just saw 

• Haha 2

Watching him hit that pump fake step back 3 was making me feel like I was in an alternate universe. 

Sucks that that Fizdale thinks his silly rotations are sound. He's going to give Elfrid starting job in as little as a week. 

17 minutes ago, reverb said:

Watching him hit that pump fake step back 3 was making me feel like I was in an alternate universe. 

Sucks that that Fizdale thinks his silly rotations are sound. He's going to give Elfrid starting job in as little as a week. 

I read somewhere that Payton ankle was still sore and will be re-evaluated in 10 days from yesterday or day before.

If Frank keeps on improving with mins it's gonna be too late imo

43 minutes ago, reverb said:

Probably. But who knows. He could start Trier at point again. Fizdale is a moron. That is why I just ignore Knick players. Not worth it.

On 11/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, hi_its_kawhi said:

My dude just needs a better environment. Also, numbers don't tell the whole story. Maybe comparing him to Kawhi and Giannis was going a little too far, but I believe Frank is at least an all star at some point in his career. Considering he was drafted by the knicks, I can't really fault him for taking a bit longer to develop. Hopefully he signs with the spurs, indiana, or some other good organization that isnt in "win now" mode

wow. I don't think he will ever be an All Star. I actually don't think he will be starting in the league next year or ever. Only place I could see him semi-successful is on a team that has multiple stars like the Lakers and he is just slotting in to round out the starting 5 as a passive defender.

Also, from a fantasy perspective, I too stay away from Knicks even though they are my team. I just traded away Randle for Ibaka and Barrett for Rose.

Edited by rotojoe