Weekday Warrior

From the Field 2019 Prospect Mock Draft

Stumbled across this still-in-progress prospect mock draft between 16 industry writers and/or podcasters.

First 5 rounds are done and the list is updated here ... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xRe3iuvCXPXsbxj3l-_ouBnc7xUbKAfv_k2q9lVgyBw/htmlview#

Definitely skews toward young upside guys with Marco Luciano, Jasson Dominguez, Julio Rodriguez, and Kristian Robinson all going in the top 10 (!!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sean Murphy is a top 10 fantasy catcher right now and is at 130 on here. Funny. 

Theres a bunch of guys in front of him that I don't feel great about and I'm like, why wouldnt I watch a top 10 catcher right now over Estevan Florial. Seems nuts. I started the Luis Campusano thread here, love him. How he gets picked over Sean Murphy is bonkers.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Sean Murphy is a top 10 fantasy catcher right now and is at 130 on here. Funny. 

Theres a bunch of guys in front of him that I don't feel great about and I'm like, why wouldnt I watch a top 10 catcher right now over Estevan Florial. Seems nuts. I started the Luis Campusano thread here, love him. How he gets picked over Sean Murphy is bonkers.

I heard Chris Welsh discussing this draft on his podcast and they are drafting each position for a roster so the results may be a little skewed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gobux1970 said:

Here’s another first year player draft from prospect 1500 if anyone is interested.

https://www.prospects1500.com/fantasybaseball/the-2020-2earlymilbmock-draft-by-prospects1500/

Since this was a draft of prospect mavens, gives a good sense of how guys are viewed, imo.  A bit surprised to see Vaughan fall to #26, which is after CJ Abrams (obviously someone is a big believer) and also Bobby Witt.

Edited by BigPapi44
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Since this was a draft of prospect mavens, gives a good sense of how guys are viewed, imo.  A bit surprised to see Vaughan fall to #26, which is after CJ Abrams (obviously someone is a big believer) and also Bobby Witt.

It's pretty dumb. I also think minor league drafts that require you to maintain certain positions is also dumb.  

On 11/19/2019 at 10:24 AM, BigPapi44 said:

You are surprised 1st year players with 5 cat upside were drafted before a first year 4 cat upside player? Guy that picked Abrams probably fully believes he will grow into his 6'2 frame.

Not saying I agree, but it's defensible.

On 11/20/2019 at 12:17 PM, Slatykamora said:

You are surprised 1st year players with 5 cat upside were drafted before a first year 4 cat upside player? Guy that picked Abrams probably fully believes he will grow into his 6'2 frame.

Not saying I agree, but it's defensible.

I'm saying that a lot of (fantasy) prospect sites have Vaughan ahead of pretty much all of them regardless 5 cat v. 4 cat.  For sure, it would seem that there are some that think otherwise, that's all. haha.