Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

The Review Of 'The Dark Knight'

Just saw a Yahoo! exclusive "behind the scenes" kind of interview with some of the cast. PRETTY SWEET!

It shows a great scene with Heath Ledger/Joker where he says, "How about I cut you into little pieces, feed you to your pooches, then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is..."

That line gave me the tingles....This movie is going to be so effing awesome!

Just saw a Yahoo! exclusive "behind the scenes" kind of interview with some of the cast. PRETTY SWEET!

It shows a great scene with Heath Ledger/Joker where he says, "How about I cut you into little pieces, feed you to your pooches, then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is..."

That line gave me the tingles....This movie is going to be so effing awesome!

Hehe, I just watched it to....Chilling

Yea its employees only, for mine at least I dont know about other theater policies.

Maybe I should apply for a job just so I can see the movie early...

Maybe I should apply for a job just so I can see the movie early...

You = Genius

Great idea!

I should've thought of that months ago. Work some P/T hours here and there and totally get an early preview of the movie.

I'm ashamed that I didn't think of that.

You = Genius

Great idea!

I should've thought of that months ago. Work some P/T hours here and there and totally get an early preview of the movie.

I'm ashamed that I didn't think of that.

Not something I've ever been accused of before but thanks...too bad I can't come up with any good ideas to make more money... B)

Not something I've ever been accused of before but thanks...too bad I can't come up with any good ideas to make more money... B)

I hear that...

I tend to have a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit, but nothing has resulted in me making major money.

One of these days I'll figure something out...

Is tonight the night, Darc?

I would have to guess it'd almost have to be tonight since tomorrow night you'll probably have a midnight showing.

Can't wait to hear your take!

I don't usually watch movies that are promoted on Burger King cups, but I will make an exception for this one. It better be good.

This movie was absolutely friggen atrocious, how much suck can you put into a movie that was being haled as one of the best.

To Quote The Joker:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Yea Im totally just kidding, the movie was absolute perfection from begining to end. The plot was just absolutely, incrediblly flowed the whole way through. They did not have any pointless parts. This honestly felt more like a suspense thriller than a superhero movie. The whole thing just meshed well, setting up for an epic 3rd movie (I seriously hope that is not a surprise to many, a 3rd movie should not be a spoil at this point)

With that out of the way comes the next first and foremost. The late great, Heath Ledger. Um, I dont like to sugar coat things so I will continue my thread. Ledger's portrayal of The Joker just friggen owned The Joker of Jack Nicholson. As a matter of fact, Nicholson should be embarressed by how good Ledger stumped him. With his witty, yet cynical, comical lines and his Joker demeanor you just can not sit and not be in awe by what Ledger has done with The Joker. He has brought The Joker to the upper echelon of best villain....Um, EVER! There was 2 or 3 times where I stood up and cheered for his remarkableness that he delievered. You can not walk out of that theater and say you did not like his performance because he just took that role by friggen storm. However it is sad to think of what the Batman movies could have been with Heath Ledger as The Joker in it for another movie. But we all have our time and unfortunenately, Ledger's was a lot sooner than expected. But um, I would not be surprised at all if he gets nominated for an Oscar...Not surprised if he wins it as well.

Christian Bale. You already know him from the first one so ah...The PERFECT BATMAN

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two-Face. The exact, right man for the job of Two-Face. Tommy Lee Jones, yep, your another one who should be ashamed for Eckhart did a hell of a better job than you did. From the start of the film you can see the heroic politician with his no BS attitude. But as the film progresses, and obviously after the transformation, you can watch him slip slowly into a villain until it comes full circle and he did it brilliantly. (PS - His face was effin disgusting)

Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman and everyone else (Except for Maggie Gyllenhaal who is just FUGLY beyond repair and a terrible actress) was amazing. The entire cast was brilliant.

Christopher Nolan did an amazing job for his second go-around with Batman. He is on a war path to become one of the best directors in film history. Already with great psychological thrillers like Memento, The Prestige, Insomnia and obviously Batman Begins under his belt, he will quickly rise to one of the most intelligent and creative directors ever.

An absolutely intense and awesome experience. Without a doubt the best Batman movie to date as well as the best comic book movie to date. It will blow you away.

(There was one part where I just effin cheered my arse off. After everyone has seen it, I shall tell you what it was/talk more about the movie)

orlyao9.jpg

orlyao9.52f9150a50.jpg

Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman and everyone else (Except for Maggie Gyllenhaal who is just FUGLY beyond repair and a terrible actress) was amazing. The entire cast was brilliant.

I actually think she's kind of hot... B)

Anyways, any hints or foreshadowing of a 3rd film? Mr. Freeze is my favorite villian of the Batman saga mostly due to the animated series and after Arnie's debacle in Batman & Robin I would like to see that character repaired.

nice nice, thats what i like to hear!

im prolly seeing this movie tonight or this weekend. i really hope tonight though.

thanks man....will go sunday after the crowds die down a bit.....hard to do, but i'm not gonna wait an hour in a line with my ticket to get in.

Thanks so much Darc for the review!

I'm glad to read that it is exactly what I'm expecting it to be.

Saturday will be the day, unless I somehow get uber lucky and find tickets tomorrow night (which I'm betting at this point is slim to none)

I can't wait!!!!

You lucky bastard...extremely jealous here and will probably wait at least a week or so myself...

Anyways, any hints or foreshadowing of a 3rd film? Mr. Freeze is my favorite villian of the Batman saga mostly due to the animated series and after Arnie's debacle in Batman & Robin I would like to see that character repaired.

I think if they do Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy or Bane I will have to choke Christopher Nolan. Those 3 characters were destroyed and have no chance of redeeming themselves

You should check out Sherri Baby (sp.) then starring her.

You get to see quite a bit of her....

EDIT - It's called "Sherrybaby"

Not a bad movie, either.

You should check out Sherri Baby (sp.) then starring her.

You get to see quite a bit of her....

EDIT - It's called "Sherrybaby"

Not a bad movie, either.

She is a bit odd-looking but still cute...I heard she was great in "Sherrybaby"...are you saying she bares a little...?

I think if they do Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy or Bane I will have to choke Christopher Nolan. Those 3 characters were destroyed and have no chance of redeeming themselves

I see your point, especially with Poison Ivy and Bane since their more 2nd teir characters. Well, actually, Bane was pretty bad in the the comics. But if Nolan can erase memories of George Clooney in a nipple-plated bat suit into what we have today.....anything is possible.