Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

The Review Of 'The Dark Knight'

A friend of mine is seeing it at the IMAX. Anyone see it there yet?

Im going to see it at the IMAX Sunday night (3rd time altogether)

It is rumored that The Riddler will be in Batman 3

It is rumored that The Riddler will be in Batman 3

ive read a ton of rumors about who the next villian will be...the riddler, cat woman, the penguin...only time will tell i guess.

personally id like to see the riddler as the next villian, and i hope if they do decide to have the joker again, then he wont have a huge part cus after heaths performance, there is no topping it.

ive read a ton of rumors about who the next villian will be...the riddler, cat woman, the penguin...only time will tell i guess.

personally id like to see the riddler as the next villian, and i hope if they do decide to have the joker again, then he wont have a huge part cus after heaths performance, there is no topping it.

Are you on crack for that statement. Heath Ledger, dead or alive, has perfected that character. That character should never be re-done ever again, as well as Two Face.

I would be extremely pissed if it is anyone other than the Riddler. Halle Berry shattered any hopes of redeeming Catwoman. The Penguin was a tool to begin with, Ivy and Bane were just terribly made into a film and thus have killed them beyond repair. The only one that can be challenged is The Riddler.

Jim Carey did a great job with him and Christopher Nolan is on a hot streak right now with overpowering the previous performance (Ledger's Joker, Eckhart's Two Face). One possibility I can see for The Riddler is maybe John Malkovich

I'd like to see the Riddler or Mr. Freeze next but honestly Batman has so many great villains that it wouldn't matter. Even Mad Hatter could be cool to see on the big screen.

I'd like to see the Riddler or Mr. Freeze next but honestly Batman has so many great villains that it wouldn't matter. Even Mad Hatter could be cool to see on the big screen.

Thats the other one I couldnt remember...Prolly cuz it was so atrocious...Mr. Freeze should never be done again. Just have that character be remembered by how much suck Arnold put on it

what a movie. i saw the thursday midnight show then another one on friday night. to me it seemed like it was one big climax. ledger owned the screen, and gives the definitive performance of the joker. great acting all around. excellent plot. the best superhero movie ever. im probably gonna see it one more time in theaters before buying it on dvd.

rip heath ledger

WHY SO SERIOUS?

Thats the other one I couldnt remember...Prolly cuz it was so atrocious...Mr. Freeze should never be done again. Just have that character be remembered by how much suck Arnold put on it

I think most of the movie-going audience has moved on from Batman & Robin. To not feature good characters just because they were portrayed by bad actors in the past is some serious backward logic. B)

This movie was good. However it was not life changing for me like it seems like it was for many other people. Heath Ledger played a great role but I really think he's getting the Biggie/Tupac Effect. It took them to die for people to recognize them as the best of their time, and I think the same thing is happening here. If Ledger was alive I think people would just look at as a good performance by an experienced actor. I think the movie was great and Ledger was great, but I do think all this Godlike praise he's already getting by people might just be subconsciously being respectful to the deceased.

This movie was good. However it was not life changing for me like it seems like it was for many other people. Heath Ledger played a great role but I really think he's getting the Biggie/Tupac Effect. It took them to die for people to recognize them as the best of their time, and I think the same thing is happening here. If Ledger was alive I think people would just look at as a good performance by an experienced actor. I think the movie was great and Ledger was great, but I do think all this Godlike praise he's already getting by people might just be subconsciously being respectful to the deceased.

Maybe because he deserves it. Before this he played these lovey dovey roles with a few different ones thrown in (Ned Kelly, Monster's Ball) and then he goes to this one where he played this sadistic psychopath, clearly not his norm whatsoever, and completely takes the role by force. I was quite excited when Ledger was announced as The Joker. I have seen all his movies before hand including his Australian movies, and knew very well that his Joker was going to be insanely incredible. And it was.

Are you on crack for that statement. Heath Ledger, dead or alive, has perfected that character. That character should never be re-done ever again, as well as Two Face.

i wasnt saying i wanted another Joker, in fact id rather him never make an appearance in any future batman movies. but like some o fthe rumors i was reading, their have been auditions to be the next joker, and that would completely suck!!!

I found this really interesting. from imdb.com

To prepare for his role as the Joker, Heath Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month, formulating the character's psychology, posture and voice (the last one he found most difficult to do). He started a diary, in which he wrote the Joker's thoughts and feelings to guide himself during his performance. He was also given Alan Moore's comic "Batman: The Killing Joke" and "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth" to read. Ledger also took inspiration from A Clockwork Orange (1971)'s Alex and Sid Vicious.

I have yet to see the movie but considering how many of you people have rug burns on your knees from it, I already know it will not live up to your hype.

It was a great movie. Seriously. My only problem with these super villan/conspiracy movies is how often the super bad guy infultrates everything.

The Joker seems to have control over every one in the city in order to end up everywhere and any place where it's convenient.

So basically shut your brain off, and don't try to identify the plot holes and you'll do fine.

Great movie. Better than the last one.

here are a couple theories of the next villian. and im going to put them into a spoiler tag for those of you who have not seen it yet because it gives off short parts of the movie.

There is one point where Lucious Fox and Batman are discussing the new Bat-suit. Batman makes a comment about the strength of the suit, saying it could protect him from "cats"--a possible reference to Catwoman.

Some are saying that a man who tried to blackmail Batman, named Mister Reese (Mysteries) will turn into The Riddler.

here are a couple theories of the next villian. and im going to put them into a spoiler tag for those of you who have not seen it yet because it gives off short parts of the movie.

There is one point where Lucious Fox and Batman are discussing the new Bat-suit. Batman makes a comment about the strength of the suit, saying it could protect him from "cats"--a possible reference to Catwoman.

Some are saying that a man who tried to blackmail Batman, named Mister Reese (Mysteries) will turn into The Riddler.

That is not his name though, referring to the second theory

i wasnt saying i wanted another Joker, in fact id rather him never make an appearance in any future batman movies. but like some o fthe rumors i was reading, their have been auditions to be the next joker, and that would completely suck!!!

The Joker is completely written out of the next Batman

And with Sunday still hours away from ending, The Dark Knight has broken Spider Man 3's record for the biggest opening weekend

$155 million and counting

I haven't read what anyone has said yet about this movie, but I'm going tonight. Should be awesome and live up to the hype.

as someone who hates superhero movies...this movie is probably in my top 25 of all-time. its as good as it gets for this genre.

anybody else walking around talking in a super deep, gruff voice a la suited batman? also i swear i've heard the "magic trick" line at least 50 times since thursday night.

I have yet to see the movie but considering how many of you people have rug burns on your knees from it, I already know it will not live up to your hype.

It will probably live up to the hype. I was worried about the same thing, but Nolan's direction is so incredible I don't think it's possible for you to dislike it.

If you're a fan of Batman and the original Batman Begins, you'll love this movie.

as someone who hates superhero movies...this movie is probably in my top 25 of all-time. its as good as it gets for this genre.

anybody else walking around talking in a super deep, gruff voice a la suited batman? also i swear i've heard the "magic trick" line at least 50 times since thursday night.

favorite part of the movie right there! haha ive prolly said that line a bunch of times since thursday night.

and this movie set the record for most money in the opening weekend with $155.34M

Hollywood also set a record..."Hollywood set an overall revenue record of $253 million for a three-day weekend"

Yeah the magic trick line was so funny, but I like the "why so serious" line the joker says and Ive heard it many times since I saw it on saturday.

It will probably live up to the hype. I was worried about the same thing, but Nolan's direction is so incredible I don't think it's possible for you to dislike it.

If you're a fan of Batman and the original Batman Begins, you'll love this movie.

I doubt I will find it as unreal as some of you. I am sure it will be ok but the hype on this board alone is nearly impossible to live up to.

I doubt I will find it as unreal as some of you. I am sure it will be ok but the hype on this board alone is nearly impossible to live up to.

its not just us. look at this:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top