Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

The Review Of 'The Dark Knight'

I am sorry I judge movies on personal opinion not others, people dont influence me to see a movie or like a movie. I see it cause I want to and I make my own conclusion on it.

I'm sorry, but those were all personal opinions. Not one person who voted 40,000+ times. While I'm sure we should respect yours over everybody elses, you're just one more opinion out there. Nothing more, nothing less.

How do you base your decision whether or not to view a movie? If the 2 minutes you've seen in trailers looks good, you'll go and watch it? I'm willing to bet you check reviews just like the rest of us when you're on the fence between seeing/not seeing a film.

So stop with the "holier than thou" attitude and stop acting like your screen name.

I'm sorry, but those were all personal opinions. Not one person who voted 40,000+ times. While I'm sure we should respect yours over everybody elses, you're just one more opinion out there. Nothing more, nothing less.

How do you base your decision whether or not to view a movie? If the 2 minutes you've seen in trailers looks good, you'll go and watch it? I'm willing to bet you check reviews just like the rest of us when you're on the fence between seeing/not seeing a film.

So stop with the "holier than thou" attitude and stop acting like your screen name.

I actually work in the film industry and watch movies based on hearsay not trailers.

I actually work in the film industry and watch movies based on hearsay not trailers.

So you do follow others advice after all.

Just go enjoy the movie. Seeing as how you work in the film industry, I'm sure you'll be able to appreciate the direction and visuals moreso than the average viewer.

So you do follow others advice after all.

Just go enjoy the movie. Seeing as how you work in the film industry, I'm sure you'll be able to appreciate the direction and visuals moreso than the average viewer.

Working in the industry makes it harder to watch movies because we critique them so much. It actually kinda sucks for that reason.

and this movie set the record for most money in the opening weekend with $155.34M

Hollywood also set a record..."Hollywood set an overall revenue record of $253 million for a three-day weekend"

It is still making money, the weekend aint over yet man.

Saw it this afternoon, wasn't that impressed. Reading all this hype killed it for me. Not that I was surprised about that.

Very good movie. Good plot, good action, and it'll probably bring Heath an award or two.

I really can't think of any holes in the movie, I'm just not a huge superhero movie fan. Main reason being, that: more or less, you know what's going to happen. You know who wins and loses, and you know the characters well already. I like going into a movie, completely blind and letting the movie teach me about itself.

Beyond that though, very entertaining flick. I wouldn't give it the 9.7/10 it had on IMDB, but I'd recommend it to someone on the fence about seeing it. I was entertained.

Saw it this afternoon, wasn't that impressed. Reading all this hype killed it for me. Not that I was surprised about that.

Very good movie. Good plot, good action, and it'll probably bring Heath an award or two.

I really can't think of any holes in the movie, I'm just not a huge superhero movie fan. Main reason being, that: more or less, you know what's going to happen. You know who wins and loses, and you know the characters well already. I like going into a movie, completely blind and letting the movie teach me about itself.

Beyond that though, very entertaining flick. I wouldn't give it the 9.7/10 it had on IMDB, but I'd recommend it to someone on the fence about seeing it. I was entertained.

I have a feeling i'm gonna feel the same way. I enjoy superhero movies, but none that i've seen so far are as great as everyone always says. I also wasn't as big of a fan of Batman Begins as everyone else. I enjoyed it but had it ranked about 4th for superhero movies. As for the IMDB rating, i'm sure it's a great movie but I find it hard to believe it's the best movie ever made lol.

this dude...

you stick up to this movie like it was an actual person.

The one thing I hate about all movie/music reviews is this: people think their opinion is more valuable than others. If you liked the movie you shouldnt care what others think. If I like a movie and someone else doesnt, i do not care. I will not try and change your mind. Just live your life and watch movies that you enjoy. Don't get caught up in all this review hype. It was a good movie.

this dude...

you stick up to this movie like it was an actual person.

The one thing I hate about all movie/music reviews is this: people think their opinion is more valuable than others. If you liked the movie you shouldnt care what others think. If I like a movie and someone else doesnt, i do not care. I will not try and change your mind. Just live your life and watch movies that you enjoy. Don't get caught up in all this review hype. It was a good movie.

No, I was sticking up for the people who actually saw the movie. At the time, the guy hadn't seen the movie yet was commenting as if those of us who saw the movie ruined it for him. I don't mind people with difference of opinion, but when you come in with a poor attitude towards a film you're already creating a bias against it and that's not fair.

I actually stayed off of most message boards/etc. regarding the movie because I didn't want the experience to be ruined for me. I did read Darc's comment about how he felt, but his comment contained no spoilers or real content about the movie so I was happy with that.

Those that read all of the reviews before seeing it are begging for disappointment.

If he doesn't like the movie, that's fine. It's not for everyone. But to come in expecting not to like it just because other people had high praise for it is wrong.

All the people who are saying "I don't really like superhero films"...this one isn't. It's just a dude in a suit. It's a crime saga, more than anything. It's closer to "Heat" than it is to "Spiderman 3." Nobody has super powers. Wayne has super training, and there's a slight element of mysticism, and what he does is beyond belief. But he doesn't have any super powers.

It wasn't the best film I've ever seen, but it was really quite excellent. That was the quickest 2 1/2 hour film I think I've ever seen.

My mother and sister went yesterday so they have seen it before me...WTF? But hey, I got to take the kids to Kung Fu Panda...I'll get to this later in the week and I'm trying not to read too much more about it...

All the people who are saying "I don't really like superhero films"...this one isn't. It's just a dude in a suit. It's a crime saga, more than anything. It's closer to "Heat" than it is to "Spiderman 3." Nobody has super powers. Wayne has super training, and there's a slight element of mysticism, and what he does is beyond belief. But he doesn't have any super powers.

It wasn't the best film I've ever seen, but it was really quite excellent. That was the quickest 2 1/2 hour film I think I've ever seen.

You hit the nail on the head there. I typically can't sit through a 2.5 hour movie because I start to get restless, but with this one I didn't even notice that the time passed. In fact, I was surprised when it was over as it felt like no time at all. Definitely an easy movie to get engrossed in.

this movie was fantastic...in my opinion the best movie of 08

This is one of the few movies I thought lived up to the hype I've seen in awhile.

Just got back from seeing it and it was the best movie I've seen this year. It was amazing, the acting was spot one and the action wasn't so overpowering it took away from the amazing plot. If you could only see one movie this year, this is the film to see.

Okay, I saw Spiderman, well, the first 45 minutes of it on TNt and hated it. I got drug out to go see X-Men w/ my best friend because it was his birthday and I fell asleep. I watched 30 minutes of The Matrix and had to kill that, have never seen Star Wars, Superman, or any other science fiction film. I just hate superheroes and anything in a movie that can't somewhat happen in real life. But, I am somewhat intrigued w/ this film, being the Lincecum like RW hype and the movie trailers are well done. Here is what I am asking, someone convince me in a paragraph or two why I should watch this movie. Thanks.

this movie was fantastic...in my opinion the best movie of 08

That's not really hard to do is it? This summer has been very dissapointing for movies IMO. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying anything bad about this movie, but more so ranting about lack of non super hero movies. I think the only movies i've been interested in at all so far this year have all been superhero movies. Iron Man, The Hulk, and now The Dark Knight. Off the top of my head I can't even think of another movie i've wanted to see badly enough to go to in the theatre so far this year.

Okay, I saw Spiderman, well, the first 45 minutes of it on TNt and hated it. I got drug out to go see X-Men w/ my best friend because it was his birthday and I fell asleep. I watched 30 minutes of The Matrix and had to kill that, have never seen Star Wars, Superman, or any other science fiction film. I just hate superheroes and anything in a movie that can't somewhat happen in real life. But, I am somewhat intrigued w/ this film, being the Lincecum like RW hype and the movie trailers are well done. Here is what I am asking, someone convince me in a paragraph or two why I should watch this movie. Thanks.

Forget where I read it, but I heard the reference that it's more of a movie like Heat meets Chinatown. Not sure if you've seen either of those... I've never really liked the super hero movies either, but this one is different.

This has been said before, dont think of it as a superhero movie (When I was watching it, that was far from any thought in my mind) think of it as a very good suspense thriller/crime drama only with tights.

Its a very good movie, it does not have the feel of a superhero movie

Here is what I am asking, someone convince me in a paragraph or two why I should watch this movie. Thanks.

Not really our job, and you should probably make up your own mind, but here goes anyways:

It's James Bond meets Heat meets LA Confidential meets Silence of the Lambs. It's certainly better than any James Bond flick, equal or MAAAYBE better than Heat and LA Confidential, but not better than Lambs. But it is still an excellent film.

He's James Bond with an outfit. That's it. He's not a "superhero," as he has no super powers and nobody in this Batman universe has any super powers and nobody is invincible. And certainly, nobody is perfect or infallible, either. Everyone has their flaws.

Not really our job, and you should probably make up your own mind, but here goes anyways:

It's James Bond meets Heat meets LA Confidential meets Silence of the Lambs. It's certainly better than any James Bond flick, equal or MAAAYBE better than Heat and LA Confidential, but not better than Lambs. But it is still an excellent film.

He's James Bond with an outfit. That's it. He's not a "superhero," as he has no super powers and nobody in this Batman universe has any super powers and nobody is invincible. And certainly, nobody is perfect or infallible, either. Everyone has their flaws.

if that doesn't make you wanna see it...then you're hopeless......just kidding.

simply like it was said before...if you're gonna see one movie this summer, this is the one.

A dark intense thriller....nohing like a superhero movie.

Christian bale is a perfect bruce/batman but heath ledger made the movie..........i really don't know what they will do for the 3rd one......

2 face and the joker are both dead one in the movie and one in reality??!!!

on a side note...batman was arrested in london for assaulting his sister and mother...

on a side note...batman was arrested in london for assaulting his sister and mother...

now hes denying it and got out without any charges...