Sign in to follow this  
TouchMyPP

Help with something that happened in my league yesterday.

I have a question that came up in one of my other leagues that I never seen a commissioner do before, not to mention some questionable stuff along the way in this league. In Yahoo on Saturday the trade deadline for the whole year was set to "November 9th deadline" then all of a sudden on Sunday it was changed to "November 16th" without telling anyone or voting on it. This league has a 3 person committee to make sure the trade that go through are fair and not lopsided. It should be also noted that the commissioner right before deadline wanted to make a lopsided trade right before deadline that was vetoed. Does a commissioner have this type of power even though its our money in the pot? I'm actually not to happy this was going on.

Get out of there! Commissioner making rules as he goes, to benefit him or another owner, what a joke!

10 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Get out of there! Commissioner making rules as he goes, to benefit him or another owner, what a joke!

Thanks I thought I right by feeling that way and not thinking it wasn't an issue. Now its makes me not play in this league anymore. 

Edited by TouchMyPP

Any trade deadline date change should have to be voted on by the entire league, not just the commissioner or the 3 people who look at trades. If the trade date is not changed back, I would ask for my $ back. 

6 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Any trade deadline date change should have to be voted on by the entire league, not just the commissioner or the 3 people who look at trades. If the trade date is not changed back, I would ask for my $ back. 

Wow, I didn't know all of this and yes it was only the commissioner not the 3 people, u know we even have a whats app chat with all the players and he didn't even ask anyone about it in there.

24 minutes ago, TouchMyPP said:

Wow, I didn't know all of this and yes it was only the commissioner not the 3 people, u know we even have a whats app chat with all the players and he didn't even ask anyone about it in there.

Yeah, in all the leagues I am in, for any possible changes made before, during, & after season, we have the entire league vote. Imo, it's the right thing to do. Especially when $$ is involved. Hope it works out.

I’d try to reach out to yahoo too. It’s worth a try. Tell them there is cheating in a money league and you’ll likely play elsewhere next year if it’s not sorted out