Taipan

Maxi Kleber 2019-2020 Outlook

Guy is low key balling. Somebody put some respeck to his name.

Edited by Taipan

18 hours ago, 80version said:

Would rather roster Powell out of the two bigs in DAL not named Unicorn. 

Thanks for your very insightful contribution in a thread not about Powell.  Kleber is ranked in the top 100 while Powell languishes in the 200s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would rather have Powell, too, but this isn't the thread where we talk about who we'd rather have so...

53 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Thanks for your very insightful contribution in a thread not about Powell.  Kleber is ranked in the top 100 while Powell languishes in the 200s. 

I guess the point I'm making is Kleber might still be a decent stream and viable in deep (14T+) leagues but it's hard to see him keep up his production from the first two weeks because the other, more valuable big in DAL frontcourt is now up to starters minutes (as expected) and will limit Kleber's upside/value RoS, but you do you. 

Thanks 80version. I see the logic in your statement, but will make a very not-so-bold prediction that Kleber outranks/ outplays Powell during this fantasy year even with reduced playing time.

4 hours ago, 80version said:

I guess the point I'm making is Kleber might still be a decent stream and viable in deep (14T+) leagues but it's hard to see him keep up his production from the first two weeks because the other, more valuable big in DAL frontcourt is now up to starters minutes (as expected) and will limit Kleber's upside/value RoS, but you do you. 

Who are the valuable big??  

Just wondering 

looks like Kleber might be the starting C for the Mavs 

He should be getting around 24-30min a game as there are only Unicorn/Powell/Kleber rotating among PF n C spots (Boban too but i think he will play around 10min a game only) 

around 26min a game should be realistic 

Kleber plays excellent D, can space the floor and looks like the coach likes him. 

• Like 1

1.5/10/6/1blk on great FT percentage. Perfect end of bench big that doesn’t hurt you anywhere besides fg% (on low volume)

His minutes have remained consistent with Powell back and off his minutes limit. Ppl sleeping

• Like 1

I agree, he's playing great and he's ahead of Powell in the rotation. He spaces the floor well and can occasionally catch some lobs too.

LET'S GO!

I wrote this a bit ago about Kleber but he offers the Mavs something very different than they have from their other options (i.e 3 PT shooting + BLKS). Powell is a rim runner and is active on defense but does not provide the same things. For that reason I feel they will be more of a timeshare (with each getting 25-30 minutes) rather than one preferred over the other.

its a timeshare no matter how you slice and dice it. Starting means nothing as they are days he will get 30 mins and others less than 20 mins depends on whats working.

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

its a timeshare no matter how you slice and dice it. Starting means nothing as they are days he will get 30 mins and others less than 20 mins depends on whats working.

True, but as a last player on your bench type of guy, you could do much worse

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Prefer him to Powell easily this season

I second that...3's + blocks...he's kind of what you wanted Zach Collins to be this year