Sign in to follow this  
kane

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

BOGDANNNN burninating the blazers, burninating our fantasy opponents BOGDANNNNNNNNNNN

He's a man, a dragon man, maybe just a dragon

...

HE'S BOGDANNNNNNNN!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s still available in my league but I’m worried about his long term value. Considering dropping Nunn for him but idk...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Might be a good time to sell in three weeks.

 

While at peak value to get ahead of Fox's eventual return, sure nothing wrong with deciding to do that.  But a grade 3 ankle sprain is no joke.  That is ligament damage. 

Lonzo had a grade 3 sprain last year in January.  Missed the rest of the season.  Rubio years back missed like 40 games and really wasn't the same when he came back and they shut him down at the end. Reggie Jackson a few years ago missed over 30 games and wasn't the same when he came back. 

So Fox is going to be out awhile.  I think this is the time for Bogi to break out.  So for me I am holding. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

While at peak value to get ahead of Fox's eventual return, sure nothing wrong with deciding to do that.  But a grade 3 ankle sprain is no joke.  That is ligament damage. 

Lonzo had a grade 3 sprain last year in January.  Missed the rest of the season.  Rubio years back missed like 40 games and really wasn't the same when he came back and they shut him down at the end. Reggie Jackson a few years ago missed over 30 games and wasn't the same when he came back. 

So Fox is going to be out awhile.  I think this is the time for Bogi to break out.  So for me I am holding. 

Agree. Selling high could make sense (can never count on Walton to play his studs regardless), but Fox will miss more than 3 weeks for sure. Re-evaluation in 3-4, with 6-8 being the upper-end of the recovery timeline.


For those wondering about drops: I dropped Troy Brown for him in my 12-man and Marcus Morris for him in my 8-man. Not looking back.
 

Edited by RLDN106

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Might be a good time to sell in three weeks.

Disagree. He is in a contract year and was drafted in a lot of leagues. He isn't some random flavor of the month player and should be owned rest of the season. Not like Kings players are the most durable either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aloon33 said:

Disagree. He is in a contract year and was drafted in a lot of leagues. He isn't some random flavor of the month player and should be owned rest of the season. Not like Kings players are the most durable either 

Considering where he went in most drafts and the fact, like you said, he's a known commodity means there's opportunity there to get something significant done whether it be in a two for one package or what have you to buy low on a better, most beneficial asset to one's particular team. Generally you're both right and wrong, it depends on the league, the team and the person running the team.

 

Personally I have a much better time making high impact trades by dealing guys who are well enough known and who are not WW trash wrapped in fleeting opportunity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The value is always in identifying the guys who's stocks will rise while fitting the team build. If that's done by keeping a swiss army knife like Bogie then keep him but for a person who is savvy on the trade front this smells like an even bigger opportunity... Soon, not yet. Soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Considering where he went in most drafts and the fact, like you said, he's a known commodity means there's opportunity there to get something significant done whether it be in a two for one package or what have you to buy low on a better, most beneficial asset to one's particular team. Generally you're both right and wrong, it depends on the league, the team and the person running the team.

 

Personally I have a much better time making high impact trades by dealing guys who are well enough known and who are not WW trash wrapped in fleeting opportunity.

My league we don't really trade and I got him off waivers. Fox is not a durable player and Kings aren't loaded with talent so this guy will ball out. Might even get traded if he doesn't take the Kings offer and have a starting role elsewhere so imo he is a hold for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had Bogi since I drafted him so I've been following him really closely and have watched a lot of his good and bad games. For those who are just tuning in, you're lucky you did not have to deal with how he started the season.

Last game was by far his best game from how he looked and from looking at the stat sheet (despite making 11 3s in the 2 games before). It was a surprise to me becaude, until last game, his role was never to facilitate the offense like this. Offense didn't flow well with him off the ball. He demanded the ball a lot, missed a lot of catch and shoot 3s, he doesn't cut, and his unathletic iso moves are not something they could rely on(although maybe he was just on a slump).

Kings looked really different as a whole last game which either led Bogi to or was led by Bogi's incredible performance. I'd like to believe the latter. One thing that is for certain is that Bogi benefits the most when the entire team is not stagnant and the ball is in his hands.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting:

In the past 2 weeks, Bogdan has been producing at 3rd round value (rank 26) in standard 9-cat. Punt rebound, and he's 1st round value at rank 12. Still keeping it going today.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 pts (4 3ptm) 6 assists 2 stls in half time,he keep on rollin since fox injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will he lose most of his value when Fox (or Bagley, scoring wise?) comes back? Or will have a slight decrease? He did have two strong games before Fox got injured.

 

I hope it's not like the Holmes situation where Bagley might take a lot of Holmes' value upon coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThisIsSparta said:

Will he lose most of his value when Fox (or Bagley, scoring wise?) comes back? Or will have a slight decrease? He did have two strong games before Fox got injured.

 

I hope it's not like the Holmes situation where Bagley might take a lot of Holmes' value upon coming back.

 

Bogi is clearly in that top echelon in terms of talent on this team. It's a no brainer that this guy should be playing 30-35 min even when Fox comes back. But this is Walton we're talking about here so who knows. I got him in a trade as soon as Fox went down so im crossing my fingers here for consistent PT ROS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this