Aloon33

Biggest Surprises/Gems 2019

Hey Guys,

Creating a thread to discuss the biggest under the radar gems. Ill start with Devonte Graham, PJ Washington, Jabari Parker, Aaron Baynes who have all become must own players. Feel free to share your own

Got Tristan Thompson off the wire

Hayward was awesome for someone I got in one of the last rounds, sucks about the injury

PJ Washington obviously

And I know Lillard is a perennial first rounder but he's actually been even better than I expected. Pretty sure he's the #1 ranked player on BBM right now. Might not stick but I think he can be top 5 at worst this year. 

Ricky Rubio, Kyle Lowry (pre-injury), Hayward (pre-injury), Brogdon, PJ Washington, Wiggins, Ingram (will regress though), TT, Thomas Bryant, Barton

A lot of good mentions. Some others:

Vets in revival mode:

• Andrew Wiggins
  • Kevin Love

New blood breaking out:

• Brandon Ingram
  • Jonathan Isaac
  • Domantas Sabonis
  • Luke Kennard
  • OG Anunoby 
  • Fred Van Fleet
  • Danuel House 
  • Kelly Oubre 
  • Josh Hart

Sadly I only own one of these guys smh

• Like 1

Luke Kennard. Even with Blake back, I dont think his production is a fluke. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

A lot of good mentions. Some others:

Vets in revival mode:

• Andrew Wiggins
  • Kevin Love

New blood breaking out:

• Brandon Ingram
  • Jonathan Isaac
  • Domantas Sabonis
  • Luke Kennard
  • OG Anunoby 
  • Fred Van Fleet
  • Danuel House 
  • Kelly Oubre 
  • Josh Hart

Sadly I only own one of these guys smh

Oubre is not breaking out...he is literally regressing game by game.

Hart is not breaking out either, he's just getting extra minutes for a few games until Lonzo/Ingram/Zion come back

Jon Isaac deserves a lot more love here... Happily got him on most of my teams and far exceeded even the lofty expectations

#14 in 9 cat avg 1.4 stls and 3 blks a game and improvements across the board

No love for Bojan? Dude is balling...for his team and my teams. 

Rubio is a ruby so far...and that in turn making Booker getting to another level. 

TT is having a season that LBJ envisioned when LBJ gifted him the huge contract. 

Kevin Love is not dead. “Quietly” up there with the reb leaders. 

Hayward before the injury :( 

Wiggins is balling 

PJ, Graham, Hart, Pascal...are WW gems. 

1 hour ago, rotojoe said:

Tristan Thompson. Last round pick.

(mic drop)

I have had my eyes on PJ Washington and Tristian Thompson during the offseason. I stashed NAW over those two. It's very telling that I don't deserve them which I accept.

9 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

I have had my eyes on PJ Washington and Tristian Thompson during the offseason. I stashed NAW over those two. It's very telling that I don't deserve them which I accept.

I feel like I'm always a year too early on these guys. Last year I was excited about Kennard, but it was iffy and even when he was on, he didn't really get stocks. 

He still doesn't, but he's gotten better at the other stuff to such an extent that he's top 60 right now. Do I have him? Once, which is not much for the amount of teams I run. 

This happens to be every year with a few players. Big on them the year they bust out, get kinda soured, then miss out on the actual breakout. 

• Like 1

Going to go by drafted players.

Feel like Dejounte Murray is going to be a gem once the rust and restrictions are off.

Isaac

Brogdon

Siakam 

Booker

Kennard
 Tristan
 OG

Baynes

Wiggins

Tucker 

Ingram 
VanFleet
 House
 Hart

PJ Washington

Marcus Morris

Bogdanovic 

Zubac

Maxi Kleber 

Richuan Holmes

Dragic 

Edited by Riedle9

Team 1) Brogdon, Kennard, OG, PJ Washington, Tristan Thompson 

Team 2) Van Fleet, Bogdanovic, Hart, Ingram, Baynes 

Team 3) Dragic, House, Marcus Morris, Maxi Kleber, Richuan Holmes 

On my team - Sorry I know it’s abhorrent behavior to talk about our own teams. Haha. But it’s Issac. Dude is an absolute stud and seems like this is not even his peak performance yet this season.

Overall tho it has to be Tristan Thompson. I still cannot believe this is happening. I thought this dude was toast and had no future on that team. I still believe regression is going to happen. But for now, wow, especially defensively.

Honorable mention goes to Graham and Baynes.

Issac I think is the heavy favorite for steal of the draft. Doncic #2. Have him in only one league but got him for $16 in a $250 and coasting in first with doncic as well. Guys like Ingram Rubio hart brogdon Holmes TT Love are all doing work but they are all sell highs due to ayton coming back and stealing Rubio's crazy rebounds, zion taking shots away from Ingram and then pelicans realizing him scoring like he does isn't lesdingn to wins, dipo stealing some of brogdons assists and pts, bagley ruining Holmes, and the Cavs unsustainable win streak or the inevitable Kevin love injury that leads to the end of their playoff hopes. Sell high on these guys while you still can! They mostly will still be phenomenal but the regression will happen none the less. 

Edited by johnval1362

Everyone who didn't follow rotoworld draft guide probably has a few gems....wow do their rankings look bad right now...I know its only 4 weeks but still....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sebapargue said:

Everyone who didn't follow rotoworld draft guide probably has a few gems....wow do their rankings look bad right now...I know its only 4 weeks but still....

I wish I would pay $20 bucks for some pencil neck dude telling me to draft Mitchell Robinson in the 2nd round lol.

• Like 1

Trae Young - Sorry I know some of you took him in the first round but damn this guy! Who would have thought he'd go dynamite in his sophomore season

Hayward - He's been different from last year! Too bad he got injured but man, he's been ballin!

Wiggins - Don't know what's he's been eating lately but I want some of it too

Issac - Finally! He's like Covington on steroids! 

Brogdon / SGA - these guys made the most of their new environment! Felt bad I didn't reach of them

Graham / Washington - Love these two guys from CHA

• Like 1