pastorofmuppets2

Bo Scarbrough 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, NolanRyan said:

I didn't get to watch the game, but does this guy look like the new lead RB for ground touches on an average team (without Stafford, maybe slightly below average?)?

Planning on dropping Ty Johnson and keeping Scarbrough

Yes. I truly hope his role increases. At worst, I see 10+ touches w/ goalline looks. I’m doing the same.

He could turn into what Blount was for them during his season of FF-relevance with the Lions. Maybe even break some 10+ yd gains in between because of his decent long speed (4.5 forty). With Kerryon down, and both Ty Johnson and McKissic doing nothing with their touches, Bo could be a lock for 12+ carries from now on, including valuable goalline usage.

Have him stashed, but a 49% snap share and  61% touch share for an offense with (1) Jeff Driskel as the QB and (2) and a coach who changes the primary runner every week? Not that excited.

Next week there’s a 30% chance for each of these guys to be the starter with another 10% for a random guy on the street.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

Have him stashed, but a 49% snap share and  61% touch share for an offense with (1) Jeff Driskel as the QB and (2) and a coach who changes the primary runner every week? Not that excited.

Next week there’s a 30% chance for each of these guys to be the starter with another 10% for a random guy on the street.

all fair points ...

... but the devil is in the details here - NO ONE saw this coming at all (except for a few of us on this board).

when you couch it in that context, this was a glorious win for the board 👍

oh, and don't expect the numbers you cited from yesterday to be the norm going forward ... as i posted last week, the prime directive(s) here was 1) to be on the active 53  2) to do enough to warrant more work going forward. 

MISSION(S) ACCOMPLISHED 🤠

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

Yeah, but there's only a 50/50 chance of that.

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

NO ONE saw this coming at all (except for a few of us on this board).

Who actually started Bo 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Cleats 🙋‍♂️

Yeah, his entire team is Bama players, outside of QB and kicker. He was likely tanking for Tua before the weekend. Detroit has been all over the place with their decision-making since KJ went down. It looks like Bo had a decent enough day to earn another start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Cleats 🙋‍♂️

You know this for sure... 

I guess some owners might have started the Bo, but I sure can’t picture any 12 team leagues who team is actually in a playoff hunt. 

If he can be a rb2 with goal line carries, I would be ecstatic. With playoffs coming, there is a short window where he has to earn our trust. Let’s hope the next 2 weeks go well. Stafford not being the QB most likely helps this situation, they should be pass less. 

I grabbed him in both 16 teamers and played him in one of them. Could def feel this coming and while he didn't look amazing or anything, he got more than what was blocked and created yards on his own more often than not. Was pretty awesome (on his TD) how he broke the LB tackle and the safety that was filling the A gap just stayed put and didn't even attempt to come up after he saw big bo coming at him!

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 1

Could worth a pick up in 12 man. A trap back with scoring potential. Better in standard than PPR.

Edited by Toomuchsauce

I think he could surprise if they let him run a route

This whole thing is just a statement on the Lions dysfunction.  They basically went through all these RB to finally give a guy who is basically Zach Zenner the ball.  That isn't a slam on Scarbrough, but one on the teams ability to assess talent.  They've wasted weeks on CJ Anderson, Paul Perkins, Tra Carson, Ty Johnson, and JD McKissic before giving him a shot. On top of it, the only reason he gets a shot is due to injuries. This team is beyond stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of the worst teams but I have a feeling I'm glad we are here now...its going to be unbolievable

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hard1 said:

I think he could surprise if they let him run a route

Won't happen. He has power and long speed, but stiff hips and no track record of pass catching dating back to college. He is a prototype bruiser, think of Blount. McKissic is the superior 3rd down back.

That said, if they can get Bo a well designed screen in space where he can build up his long speed, he could have a Derrick Henry-esque long catch and run TD.

6 hours ago, hard1 said:

One of the worst teams but I have a feeling I'm glad we are here now...its going to be unbolievable

Image result for what you did there i see it gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Emergency depth piece, playoff run staff if he somehow becomes a bell cow, or bye week fill in if you're stuck this week.   He's worth an add if any of these 3 apply to you.   With the way they've worked 3 backs since KJ went down I'm not expecting much here.  However, they did feature KJ when they let CJA go so there's at least a non-zero chance this kid could be a lottery ticket.

• Like 1