pastorofmuppets2

Bo Scarbrough 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, dicka24 said:

Emergency depth piece, playoff run staff if he somehow becomes a bell cow, or bye week fill in if you're stuck this week.   He's worth an add if any of these 3 apply to you.   With the way they've worked 3 backs since KJ went down I'm not expecting much here.  However, they did feature KJ when they let CJA go so there's at least a non-zero chance this kid could be a lottery ticket.

Everyone in FF has their own different strategies. Mine is the eye test, and from what I saw, Bo looked good. Not only that, after a few of those power runs, Patricia was hugging him on the side lines...almost like "I found you baby!" lol

So I dunno - I'm buying in an holding as a lotto ticket over Henderson. At this point in the season, in a 10 team league, you should have your starters, and picking up an extra lotto ticket.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Everyone in FF has their own different strategies. Mine is the eye test, and from what I saw, Bo looked good. Not only that, after a few of those power runs, Patricia was hugging him on the side lines...almost like "I found you baby!" lol

So I dunno - I'm buying in an holding as a lotto ticket over Henderson. At this point in the season, in a 10 team league, you should have your starters, and picking up an extra lotto ticket.

If you get him you might as well play him this week. You can't ask for a better match-up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

If you get him you might as well play him this week. You can't ask for a better match-up.

Yep, unless it's a 10 team league or a 12 with a skinny bench...if you have reason to pick this guy up, you gotta start him against WAS or you really don't have plans to start him ever.

Knowing the Lions though, it's not impossible to imagine they'll sign Alex Collins on Friday and give him 20 touches on Sunday.

• Haha 1

With Driskel the Lions won't air it out like with Stafford. Getting a run game going, which they traditionally abandon early in games regardless of score, is much more important with Driskel. Maybe their focus shifts on the run game for that reason. Scarbrough seems like a bruiser who nobody wants to tackle once he reaches the 2nd level. Give him close to 20 carries or more, and he will eventually wear down the defense with a decent shot of breaking a couple of longer runs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

basically counting on him punching it into the endzone, right?  offers zero upside in passing attack or will they try get him some screens with an extra week of practice?

Washington is actually pretty solid against the pass along with being horrendous against the run. That would seem to indicate a game plan involving ... you know ... running the ball. So I fully expect the Lions coaching staff to decide to have Driskel throw some record amount of passes in this game. Because NFL coaches are stupid people. 

But yeah, that aside, everything indicates Scarbrough is a good start this week.

• Haha 2

Matty Patty is the quintessential Hoodie acolyte - he has now assembled his wannabe stable of "New England Central" RBs ...

Bo = Sony

Ty = Bulkhead

Kiss = Jimmy White

the (once chubby) kid Stafford = Bledsoe

Driskel = Brady 

🤓

• Like 3

This the makings of a...

wait for it...

LEAGUE WINNER

• Like 1

on a scale of 9-10 with 9 being "almost exactly" and 10 being "a complete clone" how Kamara-like is this guy?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, yossarian said:

on a scale of 9-10 with 9 being "almost exactly" and 10 being "a complete clone" how Kamara-like is this guy?

0. He’s a 10 on the Jim Brown/Eric Dickerson scale though.

Dude has twoish moves..

Decent cutstep, TRUCK.

In the mold of AP as I see it (not on the same talent level, calm down forum trolls). The success comes down to defenses not wanting to tackle this behemoth and the offense cramming it down their throat until they wear out and give up chunk plays or he gets injured. He has an injury history so who knows. I think he CAN catch, but there are just much better options in that regard. Also, fat matt/RBBC/things you’ve heard. I watch the lions as much as I can, though, and I think Bo looked at least as good as any back we’ve had recently. The smallest sample size possible, but encouraging.

• Like 2

Another 15 Carries on the docket... can he house another?

• Like 3

Bo will be facing former teammates Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Shaun Dion-Hamilton, and Landon Collins this Saturday.

Lots of familiarity with one another in this game.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Bo will be facing former teammates Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Shaun Dion-Hamilton, and Landon Collins this Saturday.

Lots of familiarity with one another in this game.

That good or bad

that MoTown defense is far from great shakes, but ... good lawd, have ya seen Trashkins play QB? :wacko:

howzabout a couple/few short fields set up for Scar - nothing deflates an already sketchy D more than their putrid offense constantly putting them in compromising positions - come the 4th qtr this kid may be plunging in for multiple scores ... lest Driskel vultures his arse. 

Bo may bag a trifecta. 

watch what happens, kidz 😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

that MoTown defense is far from great shakes, but ... good lawd, have ya seen Trashkins play QB? :wacko:

howzabout a couple/few short fields set up for Scar - nothing deflates an already sketchy D more than their putrid offense constantly putting them in compromising positions - come the 4th qtr this kid may be plunging in for multiple scores ... lest Driskel vultures his arse. 

Bo may bag a trifecta. 

watch what happens, kidz 😎

Sounds like I'll need another pair of Jeans come Sunday night... 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, hard1 said:

That good or bad

I'd think it favors the defense. They know Bo's tendencies. 

Honestly I think it has no impact. They won't know much more than what people see on tape but they would have had live reps against Bo in practice when they were in college.

3 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Sounds like I'll need another pair of Jeans come Sunday night... 

username checks out 🤠

• Haha 5