pastorofmuppets2

Bo Scarbrough 2019 Outlook

I remember seeing all this hype in the Brian hill thread when he got his start against a pretty easy match up. Worked out terribly. Gl to you guys who start him besides my bum opponent. lol

Hill F'd me in the rear!

So yeah of course I picked up Scarborough.

The difference is that hill couldn't crack the starting lineup when Freeman and Ito were there. And Falcons line not so good. You need a fast shifty back who can find small creases. That is not Hill

Bo is a big guy in Blount Henry mold. Fast North South Bruiser. Detroit's line is pretty good. He is pretty new to the team and unlike Hill who was there last year. He got 14 carries as a starter last week 1 day after being activated from the PS. Hill became starter due to 2 guys going down. Bo, was given a trial after staff saw in a few games that Ty is not effective Runner. Patricia likes the Blount back after his time with Patriots. 

I think without Stafford in the lineup they will be more fun heavy to minimize qb mistakes. They have a cake matchup. Washington should be pointing or turning the ball over alot. Will be a lot of clock killing too.

Nothing a defense hates more is trying to tackle a 235lb back later in a game. He will break of a long Henry like run in this game. I see 18 carries 104 yards 1td and 1 catch for 9 yards. Might get a 2nd touchdown too against the deadline.

Edited by CanaBuc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Hill F'd me in the rear!

So yeah of course I picked up Scarborough.

The difference is that hill couldn't crack the starting lineup when Freeman and Ito were there. And Falcons line not so good. You need a fast shifty back who can find small creases. That is not Hill

Bo is a big guy in Blount Henry mold. Fast North South Bruiser. Detroit's line is pretty good. He is pretty new to the team and unlike Hill who was there last year. He got 14 carries as a starter last week 1 day after being activated from the PS. Hill became starter due to 2 guys going down. Bo, was given a trial after staff saw in a few games that Ty is not effective Runner. Patricia likes the Blount back after his time with Patriots. 

I think without Stafford in the lineup they will be more fun heavy to minimize qb mistakes. They have a cake matchup. Washington should be pointing or turning the ball over alot. Will be a lot of clock killing too.

Nothing a defense hates more is trying to tackle a 235lb back later in a game. He will break of a long Henry like run in this game. I see 18 carries 104 yards 1td and 1 catch for 9 yards. Might get a 2nd touchdown too against the deadline.

oh sweet child

• Like 1

I’m starting him over Michelle easily. 

1 minute ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Man that’s small change. We’re looking for 100+ yards and 2 touches 😁

Ill take that!

Not quite sure if this guy is a must-add, he's still sitting pretty on my FA Wire lol

1 minute ago, mtx said:

Not quite sure if this guy is a must-add, he's still sitting pretty on my FA Wire lol

hi, mtx 🙋‍♂️

as we approach the money part of our magick foosball seasons, i'd say this cat belongs on rosters in any leeg that is 10 or more teams. 

have a wonderful afternoon, i wish you much luck in your coming endeavors - be the ball, mtx

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hi, mtx 🙋‍♂️

as we approach the money part of our magick foosball seasons, i'd say this cat belongs on rosters in any leeg that is 10 or more teams. 

have a wonderful afternoon, i wish you much luck in your coming endeavors - be the ball, mtx

Still using a wait and see approach in Week 12 with playoffs looming? Not the best time to gamble now. Picking up players with no intent of playing them is kinda useless.I would want to add guys that I would play in Weeks 14-16 if I had no choice. Seems like majority are unsure of Bo. One week it's Bo, another it's Ty, etc.

Is Ty Jackson completely out of the picture? Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he got carries considering how unpredictable the Lions RB situation has been.

Signed

That guy who is starting Bo AND McKissic

5 minutes ago, mtx said:

Still using a wait and see approach in Week 12 with playoffs looming? Not the best time to gamble now. Picking up players with no intent of playing them is kinda useless.I would want to add guys that I would play in Weeks 14-16 if I had no choice. Seems like majority are unsure of Bo. One week it's Bo, another it's Ty, etc.

well, you answered yer own question then ... amirite?

🤷‍♂️

When has McKissic or Ty Johnson gotten anywhere close to 14 carries like Bo did for the Lions. Since Kerryon Johnson has been out. The closest either of them have come is McKissic with 10 one week. 

That should speak volumes on their opinion of Bo Scarborough. 

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

well, you answered yer own question then ... amirite?

🤷‍♂️

Sometimes the most minute tidbit of information or statistic is enough to sway me one way or another. I came here looking for a reason and I am leaving now still looking for a reason lol.

Just now, mtx said:

Sometimes the most minute tidbit of information or statistic is enough to sway me one way or another. I came here looking for a reason and I am leaving now still looking for a reason lol.

look, we're 5 pages deep on this cat now ... if there isn't enuff here to sway you, perhaps it's time to move on?

plenty has been fleshed out, pontificated, prognosticated, extrapolated ... we have a fresh set of bulldozer legs going up against a sad sack team with a deflated defense - all the pros and cons are here for ya to sift through. 

but we cannot predict the future, and it seems as if that's what you're actually looking for 🤷‍♂️

we can't hold your hand any more than we have - gl 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mtx said:

No one is saying to drop a top 30 guy for him, but I think its worth taking a shot for the stretch run on the potential upside as opposed to sticking with a low end flex type.

Couple of things here, Bo looked good last week against a better defense than the redskins.  Detroit should be winning, Driskel isn't terrible so I thing BO has a chance for 15 plus carries plus goal line work.  I am short Ekeler and Dam Williams so I have no choice, unless I want Ballage or Brian Hill. 

29 minutes ago, mtx said:

You want proof?

You looking for answers to some questions you have on Bo?

Let the eye test do the talking and get all the answers ye seek...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtx said:

I wish that were the case but I have Cook and MG3 on a bye with Mack and his broken hand. So wait and see approach isn't gonna work for me.

I'd be cool if he hit his low projection of seven points. Anything else is gravy, this would be the matchup to exploit. 

21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You want proof?

DHC, I don't need to watch a video on a 'Bama player.  You're the expert; your word is all the "proof" I seek.  What's your bottom line assessment on Morning Bo?

29 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You want proof?

Looks meh, to me. Forget Bo, I'm taking Najee Harris #1 overall next year (pending Edwards-Helaire declaration)

Edited by FitzMagic

46 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You want proof?

I don't want to watch this because as a Huskies fan I'm 100% positive there's going to be highlights from the Peach Bowl in there 😢

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

I don't want to watch this because as a Huskies fan I'm 100% positive there's going to be highlights from the Peach Bowl in there 😢

At 1:15:00 mark, then 1:28:00 to cap it off.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

DHC, I don't need to watch a video on a 'Bama player.  You're the expert; your word is all the "proof" I seek.  What's your bottom line assessment on Morning Bo?

He looks like he slimmed down some. 

He is a good RB for early down work. He is limited in passing game work but can catch outlet passes. He isn't explosive like Henry but has good top end speed.

Truthfully it's what you see mostly in his highlights. He is not explosive like Henry in that when Henry gets space he accelerates fast for a big man and takes it all the way for a TD, Bo usually gets caught on his big plays but he is incredibly hard to arm tackle and most times as guys are wrapping him up he will lower his shoulders and push forward for positive yards. Bo don't like to get pushed backwards. 

So he is mostly what you see on film. He is no Henry but similar styles, gonna break arm tackles if he makes it through the hole, he will be a solid GL back, isn't known as a fumbler. I'm not in Patricia's head but Bo looks like a good bet for early down work and GL work.

I was just bothered that last week it didn't look like Bo was in at all in the 2nd half

• Like 1