heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

Worth the speculative pickup in deep leagues, and you should probably try to get him if you're punting fg as well

Blazers are super thin at 4 and I don't see why he wouldn't be starting over Hezonja or Tolliver eventually or even as soon as his first game. None of them play D but he can score wayyyyyyyy more than those two.

• Like 1

Should I drop Lillard for him? He's gonna be the #1 guy in Portland now right? 

• Haha 6

Double posted 

Edited by fabrar

3 minutes ago, fabrar said:

go for it 

8 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yes Lillard reportedly begged and pleaded for the blazers to sign melo. No doubt lillard is tired of being the focal point and wants to facilitate for melo. Look at what Melo did when he went to the knicks. Stoudemire begged and pleaded for the knicks to get melo and once he did melo was the man and stoudemire was facilitating for him. I fully expect the same expectations.

10 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Double posted 

Melo probably thinks he'd get doubled in the post

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, kendanc said:

I knew the Blazers were tanking for Melo, but this is not what I expected

Underrated post. 

Well played. 

35 minutes ago, kendanc said:

I knew the Blazers were tanking for Melo, but this is not what I expected

Tank with Melo for Melo

Bahaha wow...this is such a random...and interesting situation. 

Brain is telling me “fukkkkk no”, heart is saying “hmm could be interesting” lol. Literally fighting the urge to add this guy 😂. Y’all ever get the weird conflicting feeling where you can’t decide, and you just wish one of your league mates just picks the player up before you, so you don’t have to go thru mental anguish? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I picked him up 5 minutes ago and already I regret it.  

I definitely get that the Blazers have no PF, but are they just gonna not play defense at all?  Tolliver/Hood/Super Mario aren't good by any means, but an aging Melo can't be any better.

• Haha 2

i think he'll score in bunches and wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few double doubles. If there is anyone in the league that has a point to prove it's Melo...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, freddo said:

i think he'll score in bunches and wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few double doubles. If there is anyone in the league that has a point to prove it's Melo...

Damn, really?  CJM and Lillard sure as heck aren't gonna pass the ball to the known ball hog, and any spare rebounds are going to Whiteside and not to the guy who can barely jump over a piece of paper.  I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I think Melo's more likely to get a single single.  :D

3 minutes ago, MWon said:

Damn, really?  CJM and Lillard sure as heck aren't gonna pass the ball to the known ball hog, and any spare rebounds are going to Whiteside and not to the guy who can barely jump over a piece of paper.  I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I think Melo's more likely to get a single single.  :D

Believe you are correct except I don't think we will see Melo run with the starters often.

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

AC Forum please. 

** jk

He's actually getting picked up tho. How desperate can you get lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

He's actually getting picked up tho. How desperate can you get lol.

Heh, I think it's more of an indictment of how bad the PF situation is for the Blazers.  I suppose their plan now is basically to just a ton of treys and hope anything missed can be grabbed by Whiteside.  I mean ... why not grab him, lol.  (that was my mindset when grabbing him).

Y’all need to stop hating on Melo. Still can be serviceable. Just depends the size of your league. In a 16 team he’s probably better than what’s on the waiver. Definitely not for 10 or 12 teams probably because of who you would be dropping and there are better options on the waiver. .

He’s also going to be playing with Dame also who will help make him decent at least. 

Get em Melo!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

If you're punting season, run don't walk.

Already picked up John Wall and then this guy too...

what-year-is-it-jumanji-meme-what-year-i

• Haha 3

I know it's not fashionable. But I think Melo will contribute and is 12-team worthy. I saw the last Blazers game, and they have NO ONE at PF. I mean no one.

They get beaten up nightly by every team with a PF. They are 4-8 so far.

They have a rook named Little, and tried to split time with Mario at the position last game. I think that game was a direct contributor to this signing. They tried it as their last option, and found out they were out of options. Little played like a rook, and got in foul trouble quickly.

Lillard will get Melo involved, and there you go. His floor in 26 minutes is 13/5 and 1.8 3pm. At least. (Now, I'll let Terry Stotts figure out the defense.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I know it's not fashionable. But I think Melo will contribute and is 12-team worthy. I saw the last Blazers game, and they have NO ONE at PF. I mean no one.

They get beaten up nightly by every team with a PF. They are 4-8 so far.

They have a rook named Little, and tried to split time with Mario at the position last game. I think that game was a direct contributor to this signing. They tried it as their last option, and found out they were out of options. Little played like a rook, and got in foul trouble quickly.

Lillard will get Melo involved, and there you go. His floor in 26 minutes is 13/5 and 1.8 3pm. At least. (Now, I'll let Terry Stotts figure out the defense.)

You really think so?  Dang, I was gonna drop him (again) to stream, but you're making me want to hold on.

Yeah, I've watched Little, Mario, Tolliver and Hood try to play PF and it does not look good at all. But I'm more worried about Melo being a ball stopper and settling for those contested midrange jumpers he just loves so much.  Now that he's older, he simply doesn't have the lift that he used to, and can't shoot over PFs, while he absolutely can't drive through SFs.  

I'd say a FLOOR would be closer to 11/4/1.3, especially since 26 minutes for him might be quite a bit.  He'll very likely be a bench gunner, and used to score in bunches.  However, yeah, I really hope I'm wrong; I'd love to see a comeback Melo story after all his struggles.  Dude was so good that I'd hate to see him end his career like this.

5 minutes ago, MWon said:

You really think so?  Dang, I was gonna drop him (again) to stream, but you're making me want to hold on.

Yeah, I've watched Little, Mario, Tolliver and Hood try to play PF and it does not look good at all. But I'm more worried about Melo being a ball stopper and settling for those contested midrange jumpers he just loves so much.  Now that he's older, he simply doesn't have the lift that he used to, and can't shoot over PFs, while he absolutely can't drive through SFs.  

I'd say a FLOOR would be closer to 11/4/1.3, especially since 26 minutes for him might be quite a bit.  He'll very likely be a bench gunner, and used to score in bunches.  However, yeah, I really hope I'm wrong; I'd love to see a comeback Melo story after all his struggles.  Dude was so good that I'd hate to see him end his career like this.

Well, I've watched Dwight do wonders, with his less athletic body, but with good hoops IQ.

Melo hopefully has to understand his new reality. Maybe he can and maybe he can't. But Dwight is the blueprint for what he needs to do. Just stand in the right place. Just keep it simple. Expect no isos.

Melo was not able to do this in Houston, but hopefully has some game left, and some ego removed.

Melo is a clear add for me especially with the amount of injuries in the league. If you've got open slot(s) because of INJ guys in IR spots, it doesn't hurt to take a flier. Melo has everything to prove, and Blazers will definitely toss him out there and see if he's worth the trouble.

• Thanks 3