heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

well, hopefully we can come back here tonight after this first outing and debate after the eye test

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

If he can score with ease he didn't show it in Houston. Mike asked him to do it and he couldn't. Hate wasn't causing the rim to move, was it?

again, context.... making Melo a 3 point spot up shooter is not going to work...his game is mid range from the elbows....playing with Harden its sit behind the 3 pt line and wait

time will tell. we'll see how he does but i find it hard to beleive one of the best scorers the game has seen just forgot how to score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, memo said:

well, hopefully we can come back here tonight after this first outing and debate after the eye test

oh and im sure people will make final conclusions based on 1 game from being out for a year lol

give it time people. judge a few months in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

oh and im sure people will make final conclusions based on 1 game from being out for a year lol

give it time people. judge a few months in.


He might not make it a few months tbh.

His contract is non guaranteed until Jan 7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:


He might not make it a few months tbh.

His contract is non guaranteed until Jan 7.

 

very true. im just excited to see him playing again. hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

again, context.... making Melo a 3 point spot up shooter is not going to work...his game is mid range from the elbows....playing with Harden its sit behind the 3 pt line and wait

time will tell. we'll see how he does but i find it hard to beleive one of the best scorers the game has seen just forgot how to score

There's actually a nice article that goes over Melo's game. If I find it I'll share. Anyway, it talks about his poor shot selection and how he relies heavily on his mid range game, however stats suggest he's highly ineffective from there from an efficiency standpoint. He won't get volume in Portland. If you're right then it does not board well for him. He needs to be able to catch and shoot threes to help the Blazers. They don't need an over the hill ISO ball hog.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

20 min vs New Orleans

No Dame 

20-25 shots INC

 

Shall we take a guess at his shooting %

 

I'll go with 27%

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

There's actually a nice article that goes over Melo's game. If I find it I'll share. Anyway, it talks about his poor shot selection and how he relies heavily on his mid range game, however stats suggest he's highly ineffective from there from an efficiency standpoint. He won't get volume in Portland. If you're right then it does not board well for him. He needs to be able to catch and shoot threes to help the Blazers. They don't need an over the hill ISO ball hog.

 

time will tell. of course they dont need him to ISO all the time but if hes playing in the 2nd unit with no Dame or CJ, im gonna let him play from the elbow in and do his thing once n a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

20 min vs New Orleans

No Dame 

20-25 shots INC

he'll likely get 10-14 minutes tonight....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly just picked up Melo the moment he signed just to see my league's reaction but i'm definitely excited to see him back in the league. If Dwight can have a redemption, so can melo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 9:12 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

Bye bye tyler herro helo melo. 

Yooo that's crazy because I'm here to see if I should drop Herro 😂😂😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snappole said:

I honestly just picked up Melo the moment he signed just to see my league's reaction

 

 

same - literally did it for the lols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like all of this collective 'Melo enthusiasm will energetically contribute to a stellar performance.  I don't see any other scenario frankly.  NONE.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks good, and exactly what they need. I missed that turnaround mid-range shot. It is a thing of beauty.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that 3rd foul was a bit disconcerting... but anyways he gonna finish with 15/5/3, with a couple of 3's. 

think he can be a great add for 12-team late-rd value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't look like a star out there but also doesn't look completely washed. Seems like he stayed in shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LebShin said:

that 3rd foul was a bit disconcerting... but anyways he gonna finish with 15/5/3, with a couple of 3's. 

think he can be a great add for 12-team late-rd value. 

Melo is gonna get 3 assists a game? Based on what? He hasn't hit that mark since 2015-16 and was at 1.3 in 32 minutes on OKC. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...