Zangief80

Jonathan Williams 2019 Outlook

Couldnt find a thread for him.  Worth a pickup?

I didnt see the game.  But Mack went down and JW's stat line looks good.  Any insight on him?

5 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Couldnt find a thread for him.  Worth a pickup?

I didnt see the game.  But Mack went down and JW's stat line looks good.  Any insight on him?

if you put a waiver for him, you might also want to put a free agent claim (no need to burn waiver) for Wilkins if you have the bench spot. Wilkins is technically the backup but banged up. Wilkins is probably doubtful on a short week and you can easy drop him and pickup someone else after Thursday. Wilkins probably won’t play but he’s a free pickup so I think it would be worth it.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

Williams or Wilkins?  Are one of these guys likely to take over Mack's role if he is out long term?

no one knows but Williams looks like the favorite on the short week. Best bet is to get both like I said above. Wilkins is probably free, just need to stay up or wake up early on wednesday after waivers clear to pick him up. Best scenario is Wilkins remains out for next few weeks so you can have Williams for a deep playoff run.

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

no one knows but Williams looks like the favorite on the short week. Best bet is to get both like I said above. Wilkins is probably free, just need to stay up or wake up early on wednesday after waivers clear to pick him up. Best scenario is Wilkins remains out for next few weeks so you can have Williams for a deep playoff run.

Thanks, but that is the challenge.  I don't have room to roster both, so wondering which one to bet on for potential playoff usefulness.

19 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

Thanks, but that is the challenge.  I don't have room to roster both, so wondering which one to bet on for potential playoff usefulness.

anything can happen. Impossible to predict. A couple of considerations:

1) Wilkins not healthy enough to even practice last week so would be reasonable to assume he’s out at least 1 more week, given the short week.

2) Williams looked very good and can easily take the lead spot.

short term play is definitely Williams. Long term play is too hard to predict. Could easily be a timeshare too. But things happen so fast in FF: I would focus on short term and cross the long term bridge when you get to it

I think the play is to go harder at Williams because he's healthy and looked good and Wilkins as a secondary target especially if he's available cheap. 

• Like 1

Must add in all leagues as featured back next game.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mjb said:

Must add in all leagues as featured back next game.👍

tape don't lie 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

tape don't lie 🤷‍♂️

that’s actually some really helpful tape there. Rb’s coming into the league are so hard to properly evaluate. The mix of burst, strength and balance is hard to equate from college to NFL. These guys have huge holes in college and are usually physically just a tad superior to their competition. Guys like Kareem Hunt and Jordan Howard who might not have the top end speed but have enough burst and really know how to break tackles and keep moving.

Even a guy like Kamara who is a top end talent is one of the best in the league with using his stiff arm to keep guys hands off of him. These nuances are hard to see until you get these guys on the field.

going to do my best to add this guy, feels like we have a cowboys situation from a few years back. Line is so good anyone with the majority of touches should thrive

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WaltSopchak said:

that’s actually some really helpful tape there. Rb’s coming into the league are so hard to properly evaluate. The mix of burst, strength and balance is hard to equate from college to NFL. These guys have huge holes in college and are usually physically just a tad superior to their competition. Guys like Kareem Hunt and Jordan Howard who might not have the top end speed but have enough burst and really know how to break tackles and keep moving.

Even a guy like Kamara who is a top end talent is one of the best in the league with using his stiff arm to keep guys hands off of him. These nuances are hard to see until you get these guys on the field.

going to do my best to add this guy, feels like we have a cowboys situation from a few years back. Line is so good anyone with the majority of touches should thrive

excellent take, kudos 👍

i'd add L'ev Bell to that list of RBs you mentioned ... nobody ever had the patience and vision to slither, with one hand on his lineman's shoulder, quite like Bell - not blessed with freakish speed, just the knack for letting the game unfold for him and then attacking the weak spots. 

this kid Williams ... looks hungry.  looks the part.  

4 minutes ago, BearDownBears said:

Somebody is scared of getting buried on the depth chart

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Any news about colts practice?

i read something about ty hilton but didnt see anything about the rbs. 
are wilkins practicing?

trying to decide the pick between Bo and williams 

23 hours ago, noles1983 said:

Somebody is scared of getting buried on the depth chart

He should be

Fairly quiet thread - if he’s the lead back next couple weeks he could be a great add for teams that need that extra piece for a playoff push

If Jonathan Williams is the lead back for the next few weeks that is great for a fantasy playoff team. If Mack is only out for one week then not so much. If Wilkins ankle is ready to go on Thursday then it could mean split carries. That is a lot of ifs going on there. 

10 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Fairly quiet thread - if he’s the lead back next couple weeks he could be a great add for teams that need that extra piece for a playoff push

It's just impossible to know. With Wilkins back that's a three man committee. 

It does sound like Wilkins is trying to hurry back in order to not lose his spot in the depth chart. For such a quick turnaround, I would think reinjury is a major risk for Wilkins or at the very least, be hampered by it enough to give up work to Williams. I'm planning on starting Williams if my claim is successful even if Wilkins is active. The passing attack looks real thin since Campbell, Hilton and Ebron are all questionable. They might have to rely on the running game to win this one.

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

It does sound like Wilkins is trying to hurry back in order to not lose his spot in the depth chart. For such a quick turnaround, I would think reinjury is a major risk for Wilkins or at the very least, be hampered by it enough to give up work to Williams. I'm planning on starting Williams if my claim is successful even if Wilkins is active. The passing attack looks real thin since Campbell, Hilton and Ebron are all questionable. They might have to rely on the running game to win this one.

im really confused... i'll probably put Bo ahead of williams because wilkins has practiced today, but not confident at all

A limited practice on Tuesday, away game Thursday... if I had to guess I'd say Wilkins won't be able to go. 

42 minutes ago, smeeze said:

A limited practice on Tuesday, away game Thursday... if I had to guess I'd say Wilkins won't be able to go. 

From what I understand it was light walkthroughs so he didn't even test the ankle. Might be an ugly situation if both are healthy. Colts use of Mack was already a bit wonky. Can't imagine it'll be any better with two guys. 

I've always liked this guy but it seems so does everyone else in my leagues as some significant (massive) FAAB bids were made. I don't know what the backfield will look like going forward as it could be a muddy RBBC but this kid has shown some skills so far.  Wilkins isn't a bad RB either but as a true power type runner I like Williams.  Indy might actually have too many decent backs who could produce depending on who is getting touches.

For keeper/dynasty purposes it will be interesting to see what happens with the RBs INDY has and if anyone gets moved in the offseason. I wish I was able to snag Williams, good luck to those who did.