Zangief80

Jonathan Williams 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

This is the dilemma I am facing. In full PPR, Hines may very well be the best bet. 

Hines is the only one I'd feel comfortable starting. And that's in full PPR. 

Edited by LongBalls

6 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Feels like a major desperation move to start him with Wilkins healthy and expect 10+ pts. All comes down to your other options. Oh yeah, it's also Thursday night where nothing ever works out.

Thursday nights ,have not been good to me at all this year

• Like 1

If Rapoport is reporting it, I am doubting it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Might just be calling Williams the starter to keep everyone else in the pecking order the same. 

14 minutes ago, Deke said:

Might just be calling Williams the starter to keep everyone else in the pecking order the same. 

Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into him being named the starter because nothing has been said about his usage.  Will he be the main back or in a committee?

The bigger advantage for Williams is that he's not the one coming off an injury. Reinjury is definitely a concern for Wilkins. Smells like a Conner situation all over again. But Williams is still definitely a big risk start.

2 hours ago, draincity said:

League. Winner. Let's face it, Mack has never looked good. With that O-line, 120 yards 2 tds tonight minimum. 

So much fail in this post

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My theory is, the coaching staff feels the same way about Williams as we do when we find an unknown player that has a game. You can bet that having the insight to spot talent in a player that all 31 other teams rejected is highly satisfying to the colts coaching staff and they will want to showcase that talent in prime time. Williams, meanwhile is having himself an Eminem 8 mile moment where he is going to leave his dirty spaghetti barf shirt on the field. You only get one chance.  Wilkins?  What you talking bout Wilkins!  Wilkins will go 7 for 16 yards while Williams does a 19 for 142-2. Plus 37 yards receiving. 

• Like 1

I'm rolling him out over James White and Guice this week in full PPR. He looked like Aaron Jones last week behind that line. All  we need is one touchdown. Lets GOOO!!!

14 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

My theory is, the coaching staff feels the same way about Williams as we do when we find an unknown player that has a game. You can bet that having the insight to spot talent in a player that all 31 other teams rejected is highly satisfying to the colts coaching staff and they will want to showcase that talent in prime time. Williams, meanwhile is having himself an Eminem 8 mile moment where he is going to leave his dirty spaghetti barf shirt on the field. You only get one chance.  Wilkins?  What you talking bout Wilkins!  Wilkins will go 7 for 16 yards while Williams does a 19 for 142-2. Plus 37 yards receiving. 

He went to Cranbrook, that's a private school...hibbity boo blah!!! lets gooooooo

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, dfstout said:

He went to Cranbrook, that's a private school...hibbity boo blah!!! lets gooooooo

Oh please tell me their mascot was something like the cranbrook oyster shellers 

“League Winner” 😂

• Like 2

Started him in one league but couldn't quite pull the trigger in the other.  He looked pretty good out there.  The TD run was a thing of beauty.  Really did not expect him to get the amount of touches he did, and 3 receptions to boot.  Take your time, Marlon.

Except Mack may be back next week

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

Except Mack may be back next week

I seriously doubt that.

The first late season waiver add to produce this season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

Lol at Roto blurb calling him an above average plodder. Mmk

ill take my 20 points however

Roto blurb writers have salty bias most of the time. Everyone is a plodder if they aren't a known quantity at RB.

A few years ago this guy nearly stole McCoy's job. And he was a legitimate sleeper candidate. I forget what the hell happened to him, but here we are.

[...]

Didn’t seem super explosive, but love that volume behind that line. 

Haven’t watched a colts game this year, but hopefully they usually do a better job of not being completely predictable, which would help his efficiency. 

Thank you kind JW sir!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Roto blurb writers have salty bias most of the time. Everyone is a plodder if they aren't a known quantity at RB.

A few years ago this guy nearly stole McCoy's job. And he was a legitimate sleeper candidate. I forget what the hell happened to him, but here we are.

I remember he got a DUI at some point when he was on the Bills

Plodders don't score TD's like the one he had. Broke a couple tackles and showed the burst to get to the edge and punch it in. He looked great all night and when there was room to run he got chunk yards. He had a number of runs where he got positive yards out of nothing. And he was making tacklers miss at the 2nd level.

Great game, but his next 3 opponents are the Titans (19th), @Bucs (30th) & @Saints (31st).

*(fantasy ppg allowed to RBs).  

Congrats to all who started him tonight, but this could be his best game. Prepare accordingly.