Zangief80

Jonathan Williams 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, devaster said:

Roto blurb writers have salty bias most of the time. Everyone is a plodder if they aren't a known quantity at RB.

A few years ago this guy nearly stole McCoy's job. And he was a legitimate sleeper candidate. I forget what the hell happened to him, but here we are.

Didn’t he show up to camp fat, and say he gained sympathy weight because his wife was pregnant?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Great game, but his next 3 opponents are the Titans (19th), @Bucs (30th) & @Saints (31st).

*(fantasy ppg allowed to RBs).  

Congrats to all who started him tonight, but this could be his best game. Prepare accordingly.

yeah I saw that too. It's a tough situation with him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ArtistPain said:

My theory is, the coaching staff feels the same way about Williams as we do when we find an unknown player that has a game. You can bet that having the insight to spot talent in a player that all 31 other teams rejected is highly satisfying to the colts coaching staff and they will want to showcase that talent in prime time. Williams, meanwhile is having himself an Eminem 8 mile moment where he is going to leave his dirty spaghetti barf shirt on the field. You only get one chance.  Wilkins?  What you talking bout Wilkins!  Wilkins will go 7 for 16 yards while Williams does a 19 for 142-2. Plus 37 yards receiving. 

If the colts had made a stop and had one last drive, i think the numbers would have been dead on

5 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Didn’t he show up to camp fat, and say he gained sympathy weight because his wife was pregnant?

Wasn’t that Carlos Williams?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Wasn’t that Carlos Williams?

Yeah and he killed it for a minute there lol

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah and he killed it for a minute there lol

I remember that. Didn't he get a concussion and end up missing half the season in Buffalo? Pretty much was the end of his career. 

Edited by 77georgec

1 hour ago, 77georgec said:

I remember that. Didn't he get a concussion and end up missing half the season in Buffalo? Pretty much was the end of his career. 

yeah, that noggin knock rooned him toot sweet 🐈

bounced back to latch on with the Stillers ps, and woulda been a beastly under study to Bell, but the kid done ett himself out the leeg 🥞🍗🥩🍔🍟🌮🥪🌭🍕🍳🥘🍜🥮🍩🍰🍫🎂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, that noggin knock rooned him toot sweet 🐈

bounced back to latch on with the Stillers ps, and woulda been a beastly under study to Bell, but the kid done ett himself out the leeg 🥞🍗🥩🍔🍟🌮🥪🌭🍕🍳🥘🍜🥮🍩🍰🍫🎂

His big brother plays ILB for the Steelers too. Vince Williams. 

Edited by Ryansm11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, remark900 said:

Sell high if you can...next few matchups are tough

Always start your studs.

15 minutes ago, herschel said:

Always start your studs.

good call.   J Williams back to the bench.

Really encouraging to see the 3 receptions. Provides somewhat of a nice floor in 1/2 and full ppr leagues. Wilkins might be there next week but I expect his usage to be the same as pre-Mack injury usage. But the bigger issue is if Wilkins is healthy next week, who's getting the redzone carries? If Williams gets those, he's a solid RB2. If they turn to Wilkins like they did pre-Mack injury, he'll be more of a RB3

Oh, what a night!  Williams strapped on the feedbag and went to work.  That TD was impressive.  He was used in the passing game.  Nothing like putting up 20+ in PPR on a Thursday night basically out of nowhere.  This is probably the last time I'll ever ride the Williams wave because I'm going to trade him for Christian McCaffrey* but I'll always think about this fantastic performance.

*if McCaffrey looks good this weekend

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Really encouraging to see the 3 receptions. Provides somewhat of a nice floor in 1/2 and full ppr leagues. Wilkins might be there next week but I expect his usage to be the same as pre-Mack injury usage. But the bigger issue is if Wilkins is healthy next week, who's getting the redzone carries? If Williams gets those, he's a solid RB2. If they turn to Wilkins like they did pre-Mack injury, he'll be more of a RB3

Wilkins was active last night and out there on special teams, because he picked up a penalty. I think he was healthy, they just preferred rolling with Williams. After that TD run, I wouldn’t worry too much about Wilkins pilfering red zone carries. 

• Like 1

4.0 per carry behind this O-Line. He really did nothing special. Hines actually had better and more efficient runs then him. This will be interesting going into next week. You figure this was on a short week and Wilkins coming back from injury must of have an impact on the gameplan. William a start until further notice but, I wouldn't be surprise if his workload gets reduce for week 13

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Wilkins was active last night and out there on special teams, because he picked up a penalty. I think he was healthy, they just preferred rolling with Williams. After that TD run, I wouldn’t worry too much about Wilkins pilfering red zone carries. 

I didn't notice the special teams contributions from Wilkins. Good eye. Just kind of hard to imagine a healthy Wilkins not get any carries. Even the staunchest Williams supporters would have expected some sort of a split between Williams and Wilkins. But then again, I guess 100/0 is a split too 😂

11 hours ago, devaster said:

Roto blurb writers have salty bias most of the time. Everyone is a plodder if they aren't a known quantity at RB.

A few years ago this guy nearly stole McCoy's job. And he was a legitimate sleeper candidate. I forget what the hell happened to him, but here we are.

He had 27 carries for 94 yds that year.   He was nowhere close to stealing anybodys job.  Not even the backup Gillislee

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Toomuchsauce said:

Hines actually had better and more efficient runs then him

He also had a brutal drop while JW secured all of his targets. Mack has had several games this season where he’s averaged below 4 ypc. For people who are just looking at box scores, you might could say Williams wasn’t very impressive, but he was routinely making something out of nothing on a night the Colts offense was atrocious and painfully one-dimensional. And his touchdown run was very impressive. 

29 minutes ago, Toomuchsauce said:

4.0 per carry behind this O-Line. He really did nothing special. Hines actually had better and more efficient runs then him. This will be interesting going into next week. You figure this was on a short week and Wilkins coming back from injury must of have an impact on the gameplan. William a start until further notice but, I wouldn't be surprise if his workload gets reduce for week 13

The middle of Houston's defensive line was very stout last night... I wouldn't read into YPC too much.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

He had 27 carries for 94 yds that year.   He was nowhere close to stealing anybodys job.  Not even the backup Gillislee

I believe I was thinking of Carlos Williams. I don't know any more.

3 hours ago, remark900 said:

Sell high if you can...next few matchups are tough

For what exactly?

30 minutes ago, devaster said:

For what exactly?

I’d say you could sell him to the Mack owner? That’s probably the only real trade partner 

34 minutes ago, devaster said:

I believe I was thinking of Carlos Williams. I don't know any more.

Yeah I think your thinking of Karlos Williams.  Had a great rookie year.  Then showed up fat got suspended and release.  Then signed with Pitt never played a down that year and his been out of league since.  Crazy how some guys can blow such god given talent.

I like what ive seen so far from Jonathan Williams.  Texans are usually tough against the run and he did OK.  This kid can be a starting NFL RB.  He might just be able to leapfrog everyone on their depth chart and hold onto this job long term.  

• Like 1