Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 5

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 5 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 5 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

A few names based on opportunity and games this week.

N.Alexander-Walker - We have not heard anything about Lonzo or Hart progressing towards playing and NAW is carving out his role. Very good in the last two games. Pelicans also have 4 games including 3 on the low volume days which is important for this week.

K.Williams - This guy does a bit of everything and offers Pelicans something that none of their other guards/forwards do. Same point above regarding schedule.

R. Hood - Has gotten really hot since coming back from injury. Portland has a B2B Monday Tuesday so could be a good early week streamer but also play on a very low volume Thursday.

7 minutes ago, Lob City99 said:

Cameron Johnson?

yeah 5 games for phoenix this week 

1 hour ago, hoopking said:

yeah 5 games for phoenix this week 

Frank the tank or Cameron better

Players owned in 50% of the leagues, or less:
  • Danuel House jr. (42%)

• Nemanja Bjelica (32%)

• Javale McGee (37%)

• Alec Burks (44%)

• Coby White (49%)

Players owned in 50% of the leagues, or less:
  • Langston Galloway (17%)

• Kris Dunn (18%)

• Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (8%)

• Aaron Holiday (7%)

• Markelle Fultz (24%)

• Jake Layman (4%)

• Nickeil Alexander-Walker (12%)

• Ben McLemore (2%)

• Malik Monk (15%)

Keep an eye on all Suns players (Kaminsky, Cam Johnson etc.) this week as well, they’re the only team with a 5 game schedule for the week.

Extended thoughts here: https://perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/2019/11/18/sleepers-waiver-wire-pickups-week-5/

• Thanks 2

Malik Monk.

you are welcome. Also be careful when grabbing guys who play 4/5 times. Check your lineups on the heavy days so you don’t have 1-2 guys wasted on your bench.

• Like 1

I'm streaming Monk and NAW for this week. We'll see how it goes and which one pans out. I'd love to keep Monk but this current steals rate is horrendous, having guards with such low steal rates is a no no unless you can make up for it with elite steals guys. Really depends on team build. I'm leading the league in points, so it's easy to bring in a Frank or Dunn and help off-set a Monk. But if you're having a hard time in points, you bring him for points, then you take a big hit in steals, so he's a bit of a double edged sword. 

He was at .5 his rookie year in just 17 min, which is not that bad on a per min basis, but he's currently at .2 on the season, so this is just terrible and he has to fix this in order to really ramp up his overall goodness (since he's been excellent in FG%, 3's, boards, and assists). 

Either way definitely an awesome bench option given the lack of upside this time of year on the wire. Ditto for NAW. He seems to be getting more comfortable and less rushed. Really picking his spots the last two games. If he shows out over the next week, maybe he can get a stable 24-25 minute role, which in the Pelicans system is more than enough for really good production.

• Thanks 1

Kenrich Williams. Ride him for one more game vs. Portland which give up many fantasy points to opposing PFs. See RHJ last game. But they are fixing this by the help of Little and Melo(?!). Williams may continue to start for the pelicans even if Ingram is back. Yeh he can't shoot but low volume and minimal TOs. A decent add in 9-cat leagues until pelicans get their bodies back.   

1. House your opponents w/ Danuel

2, Redick Dead Redemption- He's baaaaaaaaaaack, gunnin and runnin

3. Hit the mark w/ Bowman- two weeks and a lotta fun to own for the Dubs G league team...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Kenrich Williams. Ride him for one more game vs. Portland which give up many fantasy points to opposing PFs. See RHJ last game. But they are fixing this by the help of Little and Melo(?!). Williams may continue to start for the pelicans even if Ingram is back. Yeh he can't shoot but low volume and minimal TOs. A decent add in 9-cat leagues until pelicans get their bodies back.   

I have Kenrich now and was thinking of dropping him for a streamer such as R. Hood or Cam Johnson. My rationale (even though I love Kenrich's fantasy game) is that Ingram is the closest to returning of all NOP injured players and I figure hes a like for like replacement of him. Do you think he gets minutes somewhere else even if Ingram returns and the others are still injured?

13 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

I have Kenrich now and was thinking of dropping him for a streamer such as R. Hood or Cam Johnson. My rationale (even though I love Kenrich's fantasy game) is that Ingram is the closest to returning of all NOP injured players and I figure hes a like for like replacement of him. Do you think he gets minutes somewhere else even if Ingram returns and the others are still injured?

Ken looks like coach’s favorite at PF position. Melli can’t defend or hustle like him. Ingram can play smallball 4 and that’s a concern. Their rotation is still a question mark until we find out. He is really a short term option, value will go diminished when Zion’s return. 

Edited by sickrookie

5 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I'm streaming Monk and NAW for this week. We'll see how it goes and which one pans out. I'd love to keep Monk but this current steals rate is horrendous, having guards with such low steal rates is a no no unless you can make up for it with elite steals guys. Really depends on team build. I'm leading the league in points, so it's easy to bring in a Frank or Dunn and help off-set a Monk. But if you're having a hard time in points, you bring him for points, then you take a big hit in steals, so he's a bit of a double edged sword. 

He was at .5 his rookie year in just 17 min, which is not that bad on a per min basis, but he's currently at .2 on the season, so this is just terrible and he has to fix this in order to really ramp up his overall goodness (since he's been excellent in FG%, 3's, boards, and assists). 

Either way definitely an awesome bench option given the lack of upside this time of year on the wire. Ditto for NAW. He seems to be getting more comfortable and less rushed. Really picking his spots the last two games. If he shows out over the next week, maybe he can get a stable 24-25 minute role, which in the Pelicans system is more than enough for really good production.

Pretty much got same game plan for most of my leagues, Monk/NAW and Cam Johnson are my main picks up. All have such great schedules this wk. Gotta love when you get production and upside from a stream. Depending on how this wk goes, I can def see me keeping these guys as end of bench guys. 

Chose these guys over more “safe” 3s options (Galloway, Hood, Layman, Bowman, etc) 

Edited by IDatDude

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

Pretty much got same game plan for most of my leagues, Monk/NAW and Cam Johnson are my main picks up. All have such great schedules this wk. Gotta love when you get production and upside from a stream. Depending on how this wk goes, I can def see me keeping these guys as end of bench guys. 

Chose these guys over more “safe” 3s options (Galloway, Hood, Layman, Bowman, etc) 

I am liking Monk as a stream with possibility of long term value. His 32mpg in college were getting 0.8 steals and 0.5 blocks. If he can get to even 0.7 and 0.4 I would be really happy, cause he contributes solid Ast/Reb on good percentages in general with low TO’s. Has the potential to be a great player this year if he really steps up his game. I’ve heard he isn’t taking as many sketchy 2’s, moving to the paint or just shooting 3’s recently. I think that will make him a lot more consistent offensively. Just need to see those defensive numbers and we are good to go. Great 4 game week to see what he can do and re-evaluate him at the end of it. 

• Like 1

Grabbed MONK, but WIGGINS just got the INJ tag and could possibly miss two out of the three games this week. Thinking of getting Hunter from Atlanta due to his minutes played per game.. what do ya'll think?

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Man as soon as Adam's get traded .. Noel's need to be picked up

it’ll be too late at that point, in both of my 12 man leagues he got scooped up this past week, high floor lines and is an injury or trade away from top 50 value like what he used to bring.

Carmelo 

(I'll see myself out )

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Quazza said:

Carmelo 

(I'll see myself out )

In deep leagues. Anyone in a 12 or maybe 14 team league is likely in for disappointment.

Between Galloway, Divincenzo, NAW, Hollis Jefferson who’s the highest priority pick up?