lvsaint429

Eliminated? Who’s on your 2020 DND List?

Well, for some of us it’s time to look forward to 2020 with lessons learned. Of course some things will change with new teams, new coaches, lost teammates... Who are you avoiding next year ? (Or beyond?)

• Like 1

Just now, K197040 said:

Anyone on a Nagy coached team.

i'm on a banana peel in all three leegs (6-5 in each), so not out yet, but ... the above is the only answer that matters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm on a banana peel in all three leegs (6-5 in each), so not out yet, but ... the above is the only answer that matters.

Same.  6-5 in two leagues.   The other team with Montgomery is 5-6 and likely done.

I should have known better....last year I had Burton and Howard.  

DND at ADP any RB over age 27, and any WR over age 28 (general rule of thumb that has served me well in recent years)

Edited by boredster
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Same.  6-5 in two leagues.   The other team with Montgomery is 5-6 and likely done.

I should have known better....last year I had Burton and Howard.  

Yeah...you should have known better.  I bought into ARob and Burton last year and cursed Nagy, Gabriel, and Cohen.  

Nagy was out for me this year.  Nagy will be out for me next year.  I am determining whether Gase gets included - I think he does despite me still believing in the Darnold and the Herndon to be relevant.  Other than that, I really do not have any other limitations. 

• Like 1

Not eliminated anywhere yet (CSB) but a few names I know for a fact I will not draft next year:

David Johnson - looks done and I believe he'll be 29 next year

David Montgomery - assuming Nagy is still around

Any Bears WRs as long as Nagy/Trubisky are still around

Damien Williams/LeSean McCoy - the only appeal of these guys for me was the potential lead RB in KC.  No shot next year.  

Robert Woods/Brandin Cooks - Goff stinks and only throws to Kupp anyway

Josh Gordon - Done with this circus

Mike Williams - Rivers is nearing the end as we can see and Williams doesn't get targeted enough

Tom Brady - if he comes back, not the auto-QB1 he used to be

TY Hilton - still talented but no more Luck and he seems to get hurt all the time lately

Alshon Jeffery - seems stiff and getting older - not what he once was - too often injured 

Todd Gurley - seems to be breaking down and the Rams offense isn't what it was at the beginning of McVay's tenure

I'm sure I'll be back to add more but these are a few off the top of the head.

• Like 6

Just now, K197040 said:

Anyone on a Nagy coached team.

Everyone is on my DND. I'm retiring. The random injuries kill the fun. Lost last night because I lost Hill. Guys get injured in the first few minutes of the first quarter way too often. Between Hill and Barkley this year, then Hill yesterday and Sanders the week before that, I am just done. Should barely make the playoffs but won't do much with half my wide receivers now injured. I also have Cooks. Who knows if he will even make it through a game this week or even play for that matter.

If I did come back next year, I can't really say yet without knowing the teams and coaches. I agree though, nobody under Nagy. I'd stay away from most players on the Rams. No RB from the Bucs. Lev Bell if he's still with the Jets. All Cincy players. Anybody under Kingsbury except Kyler. SF backfield. So many...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Todd M'Fing Gurley.

I'm hoping there are more of you like this next year.  I'm targeting him fooo' sho

• Like 2

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Everyone is on my DND. I'm retiring. The random injuries kill the fun. Lost last night because I lost Hill. Guys get injured in the first few minutes of the first quarter way too often. Between Hill and Barkley this year, then Hill yesterday and Sanders the week before that, I am just done. Should barely make the playoffs but won't do much with half my wide receivers now injured. I also have Cooks. Who knows if he will even make it through a game this week or even play for that matter.

If I did come back next year, I can't really say yet without knowing the teams and coaches. I agree though, nobody under Nagy. I'd stay away from most players on the Rams. No RB from the Bucs. Lev Bell if he's still with the Jets. All Cincy players. Anybody under Kingsbury except Kyler. SF backfield. So many...

Somehow, FitzMagic always comes back and ends up on a team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm hoping there are more of you like this next year.  I'm targeting him fooo' sho

By all means, I wish you the best of luck with him. He will not be on any of my teams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

By all means, I wish you the best of luck with him. He will not be on any of my teams. 

I’m down for anyone in my league taking Gurley with a top 15 pick again. 

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

I mean, I'd take him in the late rounds. You'd have to be crazy not to. I bet he goes about 5/6 next year.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean, I'd take him in the late rounds. You'd have to be crazy not to. I bet he goes about 5/6 next year.

If he is still on the board around that time, i'll ta...nope. Still not taking him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I feel this. I only have 2 team this year (every year) and this season has been frustrating. I’m 6-5 and 7-4 but there is 0 consistency week to week from all but a few players. Add in injuries and it’s really been a frustrating year. These coaches are morons and don’t use their best players half the games. Then lose and go “I should’ve run the ball more or should’ve thrown to player X more” drives me crazy. That being said 

DND 2020 

Odell

David johnson

probably any rams player (Kupp will go higher I imagine then I would like) 

Any early TE’s I’ll take my chances on a few flier guys

Bell (if he’s still with the jets) 

Juju (my favorite player but ben is getting to old, not sure he’ll stay healthy) 

Any hold out running backs  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

If he is still on the board around that time, i'll ta...nope. Still not taking him.

I'm not saying I'd take him there, just saying that's where I think he goes next year based on what I saw this year. I'd only take him after the 10th round. There should be healthier players where he gets taken and also decent rookies available to take a shot on before him.

Edited by FitzMagic

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I'm not saying i'd take him there, just saying that's where I think he goes next year based on what I saw this year. I'd only take him after the 5th round. There should be healthier players where he gets taken and also decent rookies available to take a shot on before him.

I know, I'm just messing around. Too many headaches for me.. I'm sure there's an upside.. I just want out after 2019.

On the cusp in the league where I have him and I 100% blame James Conner. It's a short bench league which makes owning him even worse as I've had to roster at least one of his backups the entire season. 

Edited by Edgeraid

I’m playoff-bound in both my leagues, but for me there is always only one player on my DND list every year... Odell Bitcham Jr.

Everyone else, if they fall far enough, I’ll take a chance on.  But under no circumstances can I bring myself to root for that diva crybaby... and at his price and position, he’s easy to avoid.  Seems it worked out this year from a production standpoint as well.

Other players that I’ll bury way below their ADP on my board for next year:

- Aaron Rodgers (real life>>>>>fantasy)

- David Johnson (obvious)

- Rams WRs as long as Goff is there

- Niners RBs (productive, but too stressful/volatile... the new Pats)

- Pats WRs (Edelman’s injuries mounting, the rest can’t be trusted)

- Jets players as long as Gase is there

- Any RB in a timeshare with Frank Gore

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I feel this. I only have 2 team this year (every year) and this season has been frustrating. I’m 6-5 and 7-4 but there is 0 consistency week to week from all but a few players. Add in injuries and it’s really been a frustrating year. These coaches are morons and don’t use their best players half the games. Then lose and go “I should’ve run the ball more or should’ve thrown to player X more” drives me crazy. That being said 

DND 2020 

Odell

David johnson

probably any rams player (Kupp will go higher I imagine then I would like) 

Any early TE’s I’ll take my chances on a few flier guys

Bell (if he’s still with the jets) 

Juju (my favorite player but ben is getting to old, not sure he’ll stay healthy) 

Any hold out running backs  

Forgot about Odell, but you are down on JuJu with a healthy Ben? I mean he may be old, but I think he'll be better. Diontae Johnson should be better too giving another option. I really think they should slot JuJu next year. I'd take a chance on him, of course not reaching like people did this year though.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

- Any RB in a timeshare with Frank Gore

He was one of my favorites but this dude needs to beat it lmao. It’s been to many years of just getting in the way of a more talented RB. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1