phatrat

11-21-2019 - TNF: Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans

Oof. I made some bad calls or at least I think..ie. Brissett over Josh Allen and TY over Kupp....

Oof. Good thing in playing the last place guy and his team is trashy

The way Indy called plays and how effective William's was makes me concerned for Brissett ROS even with a solid schedule.

Coaches are a joke. Refs are an even bigger joke. The NFL has become a total s--- show. f--- this 

• Like 1

Just now, bomont said:

Yeah he had way more success running the ball than passing so he kept running.

I can't believe you aren't getting calls from the NFL for coaching positions :lol:

Running the ball early is fine, but running the clock out in the fourth quarter when you need points is asinine. 

• Like 2

Just now, bomont said:

Yeah he had way more success running the ball than passing so he kept running.

I can't believe you aren't getting calls from the NFL for coaching positions :lol:

he literally ran the clock out on himself in the 4th quarter while his team was down.

And he had no success passing because they only called a passing play on 3rd Downs.

Literally makes no sense that the game after Marlon Mack gets hurt is when they decide to go run heavy the first time all year.

you can’t say this wasn’t strange play calling.  They called plays as if they had a 3rd string QB out there.

• Like 3

Final score doesn't matter guys. Nor the division lead. They ran the ball well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wasting his third timeout because he couldn’t decide whether to go for it on 4th down, THEN not converting the 4th down, was the best part. 

• Like 2

Just now, DirtyBirdSA said:

The way Indy called plays and how effective William's was makes me concerned for Brissett ROS even with a solid schedule.

On top of the play calling, T.Y. Hilton was awful tonight. Maybe he's not 100%, but I'm not sure how an injured calf turns your hands into dinner plates. There's gotta be better options than Brissett on your waiver wire. Danny Dimes or even Darnold would be better imo. 

I understand running the ball. But what’s the point consistently handing it off over and over. Then finally decide to pass when the defense knows and it’s obvious on a 3rd & Long.  Your having success get yards running.. it would set up well for play action. Nope let’s just keep running. That was pretty frustrating to watch. 

• Like 1

Just now, OrangeAggie said:

On top of the play calling, T.Y. Hilton was awful tonight. Maybe he's not 100%, but I'm not sure how an injured calf turns your hands into dinner plates. There's gotta be better options than Brissett on your waiver wire. Danny Dimes or even Darnold would be better imo. 

Exactly. Got too cute....should have stuck with my other options

3 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

He had one drop IMO, the first one was tipped and the 2nd one should of been caught but  I wouldn't say he was awful. The Colts play calling was awful in the 4th. 

5 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Coaches are a joke. Refs are an even bigger joke. The NFL has become a total s--- show. f--- this 

Nobody knew what to do.  It’s like they’re a herd of cows aimlessly wandering around a grass field for 60 minutes and then they get paid.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

He had one drop IMO, the first one was tipped and the 2nd one should of been caught but  I wouldn't say he was awful. The Colts play calling was awful in the 4th. 

Agreed. Could have hung on to 2nd one. TY going to be solid over last stretch of season...not sure about Brissett. His night was solely decent due to a rushing TD. Better than his game against KC but 2nd lowest of year against the opponent he had best game against (my league scoring at least)

Williams going to be good pickup with the way the 3rd Running Reich is going

So INDY benched their best offensive weapon (Hilton) in a must win game to either preserve him for the non-existent playoffs or just to see if they could run the ball well?

Indy didnt bench Hilton.  He played

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

So INDY benched their best offensive weapon (Hilton) in a must win game to either preserve him for the non-existent playoffs or just to see if they could run the ball well?

18 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Waiting for the Williams thread to open

Image result for open it up gif

No kidding. I had the stones to start him and need a place to celebrate my first good sit/start decision of the season since my wife does not share my enthusiasm. 

Edited by nromn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

Indy didnt bench Hilton.  He played

You sure? I'm seeing low end TE2 numbers in my lineup next to his name

32 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

You sure? I'm seeing low end TE2 numbers in my lineup next to his name

That’s correct. He also “dropped” two balls from good coverage. It’s not like a Williams had a bad game dude. Everyone else seems to think so. The colts were inefficient on offense and wasn’t on Williams

20 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

That’s correct. He also “dropped” two balls from good coverage. It’s not like a Williams had a bad game dude. Everyone else seems to think so. The colts were inefficient on offense and wasn’t on Williams

Yeah I see that Hilton blows now...trade deadline has passed so I’m stuck with this bum

25 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah I see that Hilton blows now...trade deadline has passed so I’m stuck with this bum

Add him to the ww scrap heap with Chubb, who sucks and has a minimum 4 week groin injury, amirite?

Edited by nromn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DirtyBirdSA said:

Oof. I made some bad calls or at least I think..ie. TY over Kupp....

?????????????????

• Haha 1