Sign in to follow this  
bdh1010

Wander Franco/Gleyber Torres Trade

Ok, so I know I’m giving up a ton for Franco here, but I’m totally rebuilding and the championship teams are completely stacked so I need to be risky. Basically, my question is this in any way a good trade for me or is it just so bad I shouldn’t even be thinking it?

Gleyber Torres, Andrew Benintendi, and Chris Paddack for Wander Franco

20-team 5X5 Head-to-Head most categories. My team is garbage and I’m not competitive for at least 4 years, I’d almost guarantee more. 

Be patient, as you can build around those 3 young guys. They are not aging vets on the downward slope. Wander hasn't proven a thing in the bigs yet.

• Like 1

Wander would have to become the best player in baseball for you to win that deal. If he becomes the next Gleyber (which as a Wander dynasty owner I wouldn't consider a bad outcome), you basically gave away Benintendi and Paddack.

Agree with the above poster... those 3 guys are the start of a decent nucleus, especially in a 20-teamer. Keep them and build around them. They'll still have trade value in a couple years if you're not getting close to being competitive.

• Like 1

I'm a big Wander fan and I have him too. ^ That's a good answer, but you're going for the right player. I'm a Yankee fan and I expect him to be better than Gleyber almost right away when he comes up. Make the trade more even, that is kind of nuts after the rookie season Paddack just had. Especially in a 20 team league

Good Lord, people get such Prospect goggles on.  No way in hell I trade those 3 great dynasty assets for a wishful thinking guy.  My God, Byron Buxton and Profar were also #1 "cant miss" prospects.  Wander looks incredible, but he is still at least 2 years away from MLB.  And look at what Vlad Jr did in his first year.  So you are realistically looking at 3-4 years before even sniffing the elite production you are hoping for with Franco.  Fantasy baseball is a weird world.  To give up 3 young, great dynasty assets, who haven't even reached their prime yet, for a hopeful "next Trout prospect' is absurd to me.

Edited by TheTruth024

Horrid trade mate. 

Chris Paddack, Gleyber, And Beni are all young super stars. To trade them for one up and coming prospect is bonkers.

You trade older vets for prospects, NOT your elite young talent. 

5 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Good Lord, people get such Prospect goggles on.  No way in hell I trade those 3 great dynasty assets for a wishful thinking guy.  My God, Byron Buxton and Profar were also #1 "cant miss" prospects.  Wander looks incredible, but he is still at least 2 years away from MLB.  And look at what Vlad Jr did in his first year.  So you are realistically looking at 3-4 years before even sniffing the elite production you are hoping for with Franco.  Fantasy baseball is a weird world.  To give up 3 young, great dynasty assets, who haven't even reached their prime yet, for a hopeful "next Trout prospect' is absurd to me.

While I agree with the conclusion, I disagree with a couple things you said:

1. Neither Buxton or Profar were the level of "can't miss" that Wander is. Wander's plate discipline and contact skills make him way less riskier than a toolsy K machine like Buxton.

2. Wander is not "at least 2 years away". I'd be surprised if he isn't on a major league roster in April of 2021 at the latest.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:31 AM, hailtoyourvictor said:

2. Wander is not "at least 2 years away". I'd be surprised if he isn't on a major league roster in April of 2021 at the latest.

He will be 19 in March, and hasn't played above High A yet.  I would take that bet.  But not gonna argue in someone else's thread.  We can agree to disagree.  Wander sure looks awesome, and I wish I owned him in my dynasty league.  But I would much rather have more assets to play with anyday, which was the point of this thread.  At least we can agree there

Edited by TheTruth024

There are 2 keys here.

One is 20 team league.

Second is Torres is a stud.

Now to address some of the comments. I favor the 3, only because Torres is involved. Beni is overrated. Has value in a 20 tamer, but a 10 teamer, pass. Steals are going down, as is his power. Paddack I like, but in fairnes, he did have a 3.95 fip. Torres is a stud. I see others calling the other 2 young studs. That's a real stretch.

As far as comparing Wander to Buxton, Profar. That's not fair. Each player has their own skill set, independent of each other. Wander is elite, the closest thing we have had to Vlad.

As far as Vlad, he had a 106 ops+. Before we say he's 3 to 4 years away from elite, remember these rookie years.

Griffey 108 ops+

Aaron 104 ops+

On 12/7/2019 at 2:40 PM, HOOTIE said:

As far as comparing Wander to Buxton, Profar. That's not fair. Each player has their own skill set, independent of each other.

I wasnt comparing player to player, I was just referring to former #1 overall prospects that have not really worked out.  Sorry for the confusion.  And as far as the Vlad part, my logic there was that not only are you going to have to wait for Franco to get to MLB, you will have to most likely wait another year or 2 to start reaping the benefits.  For as great as Vlad is, he did not live up to the hype in his first year.  Ive said all along, hes gonna be awesome.  Wander will probably be awesome.  Just going to be a longer wait than you think.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, TheTruth024 said:

He will be 19 in March, and hasn't played above High A yet.  I would take that bet.  But not gonna argue in someone else's thread.  We can agree to disagree.  Wander sure looks awesome, and I wish I owned him in my dynasty league.  But I would much rather have more assets to play with anyday, which was the point of this thread.  At least we can agree there

His trajectory looks like he will start 2020 in Double A and finish in Triple A. In 2021 I'd expect him to start in Triple A and get called up at some point that year. I'd bet a lot of money that Franco takes his first major league at bat before 2022.

Edited by hailtoyourvictor

20 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

In 2021 I'd expect him to start in Triple A and get called up at some point that year. I'd bet a lot of money that Franco takes his first major league at bat before 2022.

Well thats a lot different than:

On 12/6/2019 at 1:31 AM, hailtoyourvictor said:

I'd be surprised if he isn't on a major league roster in April of 2021 at the latest.

Just sayin

On 12/9/2019 at 8:58 PM, TheTruth024 said:

Well thats a lot different than:

Just sayin

You said that Wander “is at least 2 years away” which would put his debut in 2022. Hence why I said I’d bet a lot money he debuts before then. 

Gleyber, Paddack and Benny sounds like an Acuna haul, not a Wander haul... the answer is No, now go get Acuna!