Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

PPR: Which 2 rb's to start?

PPR

So I snuck into the playoffs but I'm forced to start 2 of the following as my starting rb's because of injuries to James Conner and Marlon Mack.

If one or both aren't back this week, which 2 look the most appealing:

Patrick Laird          @  NYJ

Ronald Jones         vs. Ind

Jonathan Williams   @ TB

Bo Scarbrough        @ Min

Darwin Thompson    @ NE

Will help you in return.

This is tough. I’d go bo, who is guaranteed the starting job (the only one out of the bunch) and probably Darwin.  It would be nice if Mack were back 100%. 

8 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

This is tough. I’d go bo, who is guaranteed the starting job (the only one out of the bunch) and probably Darwin.  It would be nice if Mack were back 100%. 

I agree.  I'm really hoping that Conner plays this week, too.  Then I won't have to worry.

Both Conner & Mack practiced today and likely are playing this week. 

It’s a gamble, but I might go Laird (should be due at least some good receptions) and Conner if he’s playing.   No idea what to expect with Mack in the mix.  He won’t be in for pass protection and doesn’t seem like a good bet for catches with the hand. But what do I know

This sucks! Here's how I would rank them:

Conner (if full go)

Mack (if full go)

Laird

Jones

Thompson

Bo

JWill

I'm not starting a 'trap back' in PPR unless I absolutely have to, or they're of the talent and surrounding cast of someone like Mack. That's why Bo and Jwill are at the bottom. If it was standard, I'd have Bo over Jones and DT. Laird is a really sneaky play this week. I wouldn't be shocked if he scored the most out of these players. Rojo also has big upside but what the hell can you even do with yourself if you go into the weekend knowing he's in your lineup.

Of course you go with Mack and Connor if they play. If not Jonathan Williams and Bo.