Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsides

Pass Catching RB's

13 posts in this topic

In a PPR, I always make sure my RB's are active in the passing game so even if they have an off day, they usually grab a point or two on receptions......guys like LT, Westy, S.Jax are the obvious ones.

I don't know much about the rookie crop or how new offenses will impact some veteran RB's - somebody want to suggest a list for me......

In a PPR, I always make sure my RB's are active in the passing game so even if they have an off day, they usually grab a point or two on receptions......guys like LT, Westy, S.Jax are the obvious ones.

I don't know much about the rookie crop or how new offenses will impact some veteran RB's - somebody want to suggest a list for me......

I would consider Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Ronnie Brown pass catching RBs

I would consider Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Ronnie Brown pass catching RBs

I agree, just trying to figure out where I would rank the lesser know guys.....any new rookies with that skill set, where do they rank, etc......I'd rather take a gamble on those guys in the middle rounds vs J.Jones, willie parkers, etc.....

Felix Jones caught some passes in college, as did Darren McFadden. I'd rank them near the bottom for this year though because swing passes to running backs are hardly used in college game.

ernest graham is a solid pass catcher that you should be able to get in the mid-later rounds.

kenny watson had some really nice reception games last year when rudi was out. rudi is still the slated starter, but watson might be a factor. obviously not a high pick, but might be a decent late round flier (or ww pickup).

Felix Jones caught some passes in college, as did Darren McFadden. I'd rank them near the bottom for this year though because swing passes to running backs are hardly used in college game.

Agreed!

I haven't seen Marion Barber listed yet. As the new primary ball carrier for Dallas, he should enter the discussion given his solid 3rd down skills.

I haven't seen Marion Barber listed yet. As the new primary ball carrier for Dallas, he should enter the discussion given his solid 3rd down skills.

Barber is def. on the top of the list - I was looking more for mid round value - potential sleepers.........

Chris Johnson anybody?

I like Reggie Bush a LOT this season as a PPR RB.

I think he will have a superstar breakout season this year. He will be the best player on the Saints.

I like Reggie Bush a LOT this season as a PPR RB.

I think he will have a superstar breakout season this year. He will be the best player on the Saints.

best fantasy player maybe. that team will live or die with Brees.

best fantasy player maybe. that team will live or die with Brees.

This is true.