Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBPig99

Bad Religion

These guys are in their mid 40's and still putting out an album every couple years. Other than a few select punk bands I don't really listen to much of it, but Bad Religion is one of my favorite bands, if not my favorite.I think it might have something to do with the fact that Graffin can actually sing, unlike the singers in most punk bands. Anyone else fans? I don't really know too many people that listen to them.

I am a fan as well. Well-crafted music & well-crafted lyrics. From Suffer to New Maps Of hell, nothing but quality.

Been a fan for quite some time. I'm digging their acoustic stuff they recently did as well.

Been a fan for quite some time. I'm digging their acoustic stuff they recently did as well.

Have either of you heard any of Graffin's solo stuff?

Heard it a few years ago (2005 I think). I definitely wasn't expecting folk music but I thought it was ok for the most part.

Yes, but I don't own any. Surprising, but pretty good too.

Have to check it out....

Heard it a few years ago (2005 I think). I definitely wasn't expecting folk music but I thought it was ok for the most part.

Ya he's had a new one since then too. I'm pretty sure he covers "Punk Rock Song" acoustically on it.

What do you guys think of Flogging Molly?

I'm not so into American punk... but Irish... that's where it's at!

What do you guys think of Flogging Molly?

I'm not so into American punk... but Irish... that's where it's at!

I havn't heard much of them, but I can handle some Dropkick Murphys. Like I said I don't really listen to much punk at all. Basically Bad Religion, Nofx, Rancid, Anti-Flag, and The Misfits are all the punk I can handle. All the new punk bands are just crap, atleast the ones I've heard. Alot of them seem more like a boy bands that use guitars.

Yea I'm not so much into punk myself. Flogging Molly are awesome - Dropkick got the limelight with The Departed, but I've always thought Flogging was a tier above. They bring other genres in and can sound Pogue-like at times. You should check em out.

I downloaded the song called suffer and I like it, what others one do they have that are good?

I downloaded the song called suffer and I like it, what others one do they have that are good?

Man I don't even know where to begin. I remember a few years ago I tried putting my favorite Bad Religion songs on a CD. I filled it with 32 songs and had many more I wanted to put on it lol. But off the top of my head, i'd say my favorite three are "Kyoto Now" "Generator" and "American Jesus" I seriously havn't heard a Bad Religion song that doesn't get stuck in my head eventually.

BTW their 15th album is coming out next year!!!

Tiger Army, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Face to Face, Floggin Molly, Dropkick Murphys, No Use For a Name

All pretty solid. Going to see Tiger Army in October. Can't wait for that one.

Tiger Army, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Face to Face, Floggin Molly, Dropkick Murphys, No Use For a Name

I'm going to see Celine Dion in October myself B)

(kidding)

I bet you can't wait for New Kids on the Block to launch their new tour.

I find that Flogging are vastly superior to Dropkick. What do you think?

Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid and Guttermouth are sweet. All 4 deserve an award for doing what they do for years with no compromise.

what about the only band that matter. The Clash

I highley recommend the "Future is Unwritten" DVD

Fun fact about BR

Eddie Vedder provided backing vocals on "American Jesus" and sings the second verse of "Watch it Die".

Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid and Guttermouth are sweet. All 4 deserve an award for doing what they do for years with no compromise.

+pennywise

+pennywise

I almost forgot to mention Operation Ivy, the band that Tim Armstrong and Matt Freeman from Rancid got their start in. They really only had a couple albums, but they were amazing.

BTW I did not know that about Eddie Vedder.

It's hard to name a song of theirs that isn't good. Here are some solid BR tunes below that lean toward a more commercial sound:

Punk Rock Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ncHBbK8vM...feature=related

Generator

Incomplete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLEb-DBdWk...feature=related

Struck A Nerve

Infected

Los Angeles Is Burning

Newest single from newest album:

Honest Goodbye

It's hard to name a song of theirs that isn't good. Here are some solid BR tunes below that lean toward a more commercial sound:

Punk Rock Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ncHBbK8vM...feature=related

Generator

Incomplete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLEb-DBdWk...feature=related

Struck A Nerve

Infected

Los Angeles Is Burning

Newest single from newest album:

Honest Goodbye

i actually like the songs/sounds...