Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CdnFan

Rotoworld Wonders Football League '08

You're on notice, guys. This ditty is what I think of my chances:

"I'm gonna rise up, gonna kick a little a$$. Gonna kick some a$$ in the USA. Gonna climb a mountain, gonna sew a flag, gonna fly on an eagle.

I'm gonna kick some butt, gonna drive a big truck. I'm gonna rule this world. I'm gonna kick some a$$. I'm gonna rise up, gonna kick a little a$$. Rock, flag, and eagle!"

You should have stopped at the sixth beer.The fact you continued until you had consumed an even dozen before posting this was not a wise move!

Google it, watch, and enjoy dudes.

Check the email you are using for our Rotoworld league.

Some members (TKD, Dr.Whom,Skeleton Crew, 3times2nd) have requested the league move to another site. Let me know your thoughts and if the majority requests it , I will move our league to Yahoo.

But, we will not be doing another draft! I will simply move everybody's current roster to the new league on Yahoo "as is".

Get back to me with your opinion.

Please move it. Preferably Yahoo. Fleaflicker is fine too. Can't access CBS or ESPN from work. Go figure.

Check the email you are using for our Rotoworld league.

Some members (TKD, Dr.Whom,Skeleton Crew, 3times2nd) have requested the league move to another site. Let me know your thoughts and if the majority requests it , I will move our league to Yahoo.

But, we will not be doing another draft! I will simply move everybody's current roster to the new league on Yahoo "as is".

Get back to me with your opinion.

I only suggest ESPN because my Yahoo account is at maximum teams allowed

I can do ESPN if absolutely necessary. I try to stay off the comp as much as poss. at home, and do my fantasy sportisn' at work prior to the day beginning. ESPN is blocked at work, and it has been a pain to set my ESPN baseball league this year because of it. But football will be less of a pain to set in advance than baseball, obviously. It's just the transactions, etc. that'll be a pain.

Also, Dr. Whom, I heard if you email the administrators of the Yahoo leagues, they grant a fifth league on a case by case basis. Is that true?

I only suggest ESPN because my Yahoo account is at maximum teams allowed

Dr.Whom,

Could you set up another Yahoo account? The majority seem to want to move to Yahoo. I have two Yahoo accounts myself.

BigH's vote puts us at 10 votes for moving our league to Yahoo (still have not heard from codename and SanFran 2121), so I have set up the league on Yahoo with the same scoring we had on RW. I have sent everybody in the Rotoworld Wonders league an invitation to join the Yahoo version. Once everybody sets up their team on Yahoo, I can enter the rosters.

Set up your team asap so I can enter the rosters and we can still get week 1 scoring.

Dr.Whom,

Could you set up another Yahoo account? The majority seem to want to move to Yahoo. I have two Yahoo accounts myself.

lol, I'm not creating a new account to play fantasy football.

lol, I'm not creating a new account to play fantasy football.

lol, it takes ten seconds. What, you can't remember two login names?

lol, it takes ten seconds. What, you can't remember two login names?

Whiskeyriver "But I am wearing the ribbon. He is wearing the ribbon. We are all wearing the ribbon! So why aren't you going to wear the ribbon!?"

Dr. Whom. "This is America! I don't have to wear anything I don't want to wear!"

I made it clear at the beginning that I didn't want to have two yahoo accounts. The fun for me was using a league format that I have not used before like ESPN or Rotoworld. The majority ruled in favor of yahoo so I lose, fair and square.

Whiskeyriver "But I am wearing the ribbon. He is wearing the ribbon. We are all wearing the ribbon! So why aren't you going to wear the ribbon!?"

Dr. Whom. "This is America! I don't have to wear anything I don't want to wear!"

I made it clear at the beginning that I didn't want to have two yahoo accounts. The fun for me was using a league format that I have not used before like ESPN or Rotoworld. The majority ruled in favor of yahoo so I lose, fair and square.

Help me understand your comments above. Another league member suggested on our league's homepage that we move the league from Rotoworld to Yahoo. You posted right after him saying you would like it moved to ESPN because you were "not looking forward to using this (Rotoworld's)League Manager." After your post two more members said we should move the league to another site.

I put the call out to all league members for feedback about moving the league to another site and 9 of them support the move to Yahoo(you are the 10th member in support of moving the league, but you wanted ESPN). You then state in our league thread on the Rotoworld forums that you prefer ESPN because you are maxed out on your Yahoo leagues, so how were we supposed to know that?

I don't get your " I lose fair and square" comment. I don't think it is about winning or losing, as Commish I have to go with what the majority want and the overwhelming majority voted for Yahoo.

I don't understand the sudden turnaround by you. You joined the league knowing it was on Roto, went through our live league draft last weekend , then you join the movement to move away from RW and now... I need you to bottom line it for me. Are you saying after we went through a live draft you are backing out of the league? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but is that what you are telling us?

I still need a few members to go in and set up their teams in the Yahoo league. Once that's done I can input our rosters.

I'm still waiting for TKD, Skeleton Crew and SanFranFan to set up their teams in the Yahoo league.

Dr.Whom has maxed out on his number of Yahoo leagues, so he will not be joining us.

Are we going to continue this league on Yahoo? Because if we are then I'll try to find a replacement owner for the team Dr.Whom drafted. If not, do we want to stick with it on the Rotoworld site where everybody is already registered and drafted their teams?

Let me know.

So I guess you won't be joining us if we make the move to Yahoo. I can't say that I blame you. I wouldn't want to actually have to play this season with the team you drafted either !!! B) Randy Moss as the #1 pick??????

So I guess you won't be joining us if we make the move to Yahoo. I can't say that I blame you. I wouldn't want to actually have to play this season with the team you drafted either !!! B) Randy Moss as the #1 pick??????

I don't need a 1st round pick to beat you pal

Big talk. I guess we'll never know ...will we?

Big talk. I guess we'll never know ...will we?

I have another yahoo account now

Awesome!

EDIT: Get everyone else's a$$es in gear, CDN, and let's get this season started! Thanks for dealing with all this.

This sucks for me because all my pay leagues are on one account and when LT gets hurt, I have to switch accounts to pickup Sproles. I am at a big disadvantage

Awesome!

EDIT: Get everyone else's a$$es in gear, CDN, and let's get this season started! Thanks for dealing with all this.

If Dr.Whom decides to join us on Yahoo, we still need TKD, Skeleton Crew and SanFranFan to set up their teams on Yahoo so I can enter the rosters. I have PMed and emailed all of them twice , so due to the Labour Day Weekend they might be MIA. If you know how to reach any of these three, get in touch with them and tell them to set up their Yahoo teams stat. all they have to do is set up their team, I'll enter the rosters.

This sucks for me because all my pay leagues are on one account and when LT gets hurt, I have to switch accounts to pickup Sproles. I am at a big disadvantage

I'm in the same boat as you are. I have one account for my pay leagues and one for my free leagues. Given Tomlinson's injury history (or lack thereof), I don't think it is a big concern. B)

So does this mean you will be dropping Randy Moss onto waivers? B)

So does this mean you will be dropping Randy Moss onto waivers? B)

Yeah, Dr. Whom. I see Mary Booker is still available. Wanna go with him instead?