Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Rotoworld Gridiron '08!

Our draft is on Tue. Sept. 8 at 8PM. You all DO know you are playing for second place, right?

Let the smacktalk commence!

How bout we make Tuesday Aug 26th @ 8pm?

Let's just start it now with a 12 hour time limit and then change the time to 90 seconds on September 2 and 8pm. That way everybody gets to choose there top picks. Couldn't care either way as long as the draft is not on a Wednesday night.

I'd at least like to know the draft order in advance of the draft to prepare...this is serious stuff you know. You can't buy bragging rights.

You mean the draft is on Tuesday, September 2nd, not the 8th.

Yes. I do. I wrote that early w/o the benefit of caffeine.

Tues., Sept. 2nd at 8PM Eastern, 5PM Pacific.

Be there or be square.

I'd at least like to know the draft order in advance of the draft to prepare.

That'd be nice, but I'd need everyone's email addy so I could use the draft randomizer at FFtools.com. Not everyone has it so I can see their email addies in the league (I'm lookin' at YOU 2 balls! Heh heh). Without the email addies, there's no way for you all to verify that everything's on the up and up. AND I don't think they let you use the randomizer without an email addy for everyone.

That'd be nice, but I'd need everyone's email addy so I could use the draft randomizer at FFtools.com. Not everyone has it so I can see their email addies in the league (I'm lookin' at YOU 2 balls! Heh heh). Without the email addies, there's no way for you all to verify that everything's on the up and up. AND I don't think they let you use the randomizer without an email addy for everyone.

Whats it mean that Draft order is set to "custom" from random?

That means he can set the draft order anyway he wants too. Wonder who he will give the first pick too???

Relax, guys. I was exploring if we would be able to generate a draft order prior to draft day to give the people the opportunity to prepare, as mentioned above, and didn't get a chance to change it back because I'm extremely busy at work.

Chill. I've been a commish of numerous leagues in the past, for pay or otherwise. I'm the commish of my work league. I make my living under a code of professional responsibility. Don't worry...I'm not gunna cheat you, and I know how to run a league.

That said, let's have some fun! It'll be an exciting year of football.

If we can decide draft order beforehand that would be great.

I cannot wait to own this league. It's .5 PPR correct?

I'd like to know the draft order early too...so I'm gunna do that. This was done in the other Rotoworld league I am in, Rotoworld Wonders '08m and everyone seemed pleased with the process.

You all will get an email sent to the address you used to sign up for the league telling you the draft order, and it will give you a link to go to FFtools.com so you can verify the outcome and ensure that no tomfoolery has occurred.

Additionally, this is a note for everyone: if you happen to be the owner that gets a low draft number, don't be a wuss and drop out because of it. This year, drafting at the end of the first round might actually be a beneficial thing. Plus, I get nearly the last draft pick in every league I am in, and I always do more than fine. So...don't wimp out on us.

Stay tuned for this space, and your email inboxes, to see your draft number.

After receiving a few requests in this thread, and a couple by private message, to generate the draft order prior to draft day, I have gone ahead and done so. I generated the drafting order using FFtoolbox.com, as was done in the other Rotoworld league. I even took a screenshot of how I entered in everyone's team names and email addies, in a completely random order, to ensure max randomness. If you want to take a look, go here to download that screenshot:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/e57b89/n/Pre-generation_bmp

Here's the results it spit back out. You should also receive this message in your email inbox:

To="owners"

Subject="Rotoworld Gridiron Draft Order"

Rye has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the Rotoworld Gridiron league. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm?id=8613

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:

1 - Assassins

2 - The Whiskey Rivers

3 - FightOnSC!

4 - Billy The Kid

5 - Show Me Your TD's

6 - Punishers

7 - Prepare 2 B Violated

8 - 2 Balls 1 Cup

9 - Diablo's Wrath

10 - The Boatmen

11 - Mountain Dew Kid

12 - KTOWN RACERS

Regards,

FFToolbox.com

You can now go to "Draft Central" and click on "Draft Results" on the league page to see the various pick nuumbers you'll have throughout the draft.

In a year I was prepared for my usual pick (around 7/12) I got the first spot!

Just so the rest of you dont have to wonder, Ive already selected Ladanian, we're just working the contract details now, he'll be in camp in a few days.

Good luck everybody!

I have a question about the rosters gentlemen. Will someone show me like:

QB

RB

WR

WR

WR

ect,

ect,

ect,

what we must use as starters so I can plan accordingly? I saw the roster minimums but want to double check starting slots. I also saw that we use TEAM defenses and not IDP's. Is this correct? Thanks.

In a year I was prepared for my usual pick (around 7/12) I got the first spot!

Just so the rest of you dont have to wonder, Ive already selected Ladanian, we're just working the contract details now, he'll be in camp in a few days.

Good luck everybody!

Well I wonder who Whiskey is going to snag with pick #2? If he goes against the grain #4 may be shocked to see who's available to them after my pick.....

I have a question about the rosters gentlemen. Will someone show me like:

QB

RB

WR

WR

WR

ect,

ect,

ect,

what we must use as starters so I can plan accordingly? I saw the roster minimums but want to double check starting slots. I also saw that we use TEAM defenses and not IDP's. Is this correct? Thanks.

The starters are listed in my Sig, and we get 6 bench spots in total.

Well I wonder who Whiskey is going to snag with pick #2? If he goes against the grain #4 may be shocked to see who's available to them after my pick.....

I still don't know. Going back and forth between 3 different players.

I still don't know. Going back and forth between 3 different players.

Ahhh Billy the Kid may get the surprise of his life available to him at #4. If your thinking of passing on who I think you may be thinking of passing on ours may be the only league in America where he falls past #3! B)

This sure is a quiet league when it comes to smack talking. The realization must have hit home hard that your all playing for 2nd place since AZ-Sam is in the house....

This sure is a quiet league when it comes to smack talking. The realization must have hit home hard that your all playing for 2nd place since AZ-Sam is in the house....

Yeah, where is everyone?!

Yeah...with Housh...you are a sure shot for league champ. Not.

I ignore value....and will be reaching in the draft. You have been warned.