Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Rotoworld Gridiron '08!

I'm not interested in ever playing in another league where there is no order to the waiver/free agent claims. I know it's not a money league and we're only in it for the fun but even then I would like to play on an even playing field. Being able to grab any free agent because you are home online on Sundays is not an even playing field and renders a good draft pointless.

So, be productive and make a suggestion, not just a complaint.

How does a waiver order level the playing field? By rewarding the bad teams with the top picks?

I think the open FA policy is fine because with 12 more or less anonymous people playing in the league it just opens things up for all members of the league to get players when they have an opportunity to do so.

You may not be available on Sundays to pick up players, but that might be the only time of the week that I can do it.

How does a waiver system level the playing field for me in this instance?

I'm not interested in ever playing in another league where there is no order to the waiver/free agent claims. I know it's not a money league and we're only in it for the fun but even then I would like to play on an even playing field. Being able to grab any free agent because you are home online on Sundays is not an even playing field and renders a good draft pointless.

I'm pretty sure free Yahoo leagues don't have the everyday waiver option.

CBS has an everyday waiver option in baseball where theres a one day grace period for pick-ups at all times... and when someone burns a waiver pick they go to the bottom of the waiver order.... the worst team isn't rewarded by getting top waiver each week.

Again, don't think Yahoo offers this in freebies.

I think that was part of their new additions, along with free stattracker, divisions, etc...

I think that was part of their new additions, along with free stattracker, divisions, etc...

Are you in yet codename??

Hope so.

Definitely. What settings/roster spots did you guys use last year?

So, be productive and make a suggestion, not just a complaint.

How does a waiver order level the playing field? By rewarding the bad teams with the top picks?

I think the open FA policy is fine because with 12 more or less anonymous people playing in the league it just opens things up for all members of the league to get players when they have an opportunity to do so.

You may not be available on Sundays to pick up players, but that might be the only time of the week that I can do it.

How does a waiver system level the playing field for me in this instance?

I personally would rather have a weekly waiver order with bad teams getting rewarded with top picks then having it the way it is where someone can cherry pick a #1 RB/WR's backup because they are home on their computer when hear of an in game injury. Having a #1 waiver slot will not permit an owner who had a terrible draft to win the league, where as giving a 2nd - 4th place team the ability to cherry pick at their leasure in game while I'm gone all day Sunday could.

I am also all about democracy. If the majority of the other owners are in agreement with you and don't mind the free for all so be it, but I will choose to pass. I am already in the TBD Dynasy League as well as four long time big money leagues that require much of my attention so I'll step aside and let codename have my slot.

Good luck to all and have fun this year gentlemen.

I personally would rather have a weekly waiver order with bad teams getting rewarded with top picks then having it the way it is where someone can cherry pick a #1 RB/WR's backup because they are home on their computer when hear of an in game injury. Having a #1 waiver slot will not permit an owner who had a terrible draft to win the league, where as giving a 2nd - 4th place team the ability to cherry pick at their leasure in game while I'm gone all day Sunday could.

I am also all about democracy. If the majority of the other owners are in agreement with you and don't mind the free for all so be it, but I will choose to pass. I am already in the TBD Dynasy League as well as four long time big money leagues that require much of my attention so I'll step aside and let codename have my slot.

Good luck to all and have fun this year gentlemen.

I just posted a request in the league home about weekly waivers. It's a great thing to institute and really improves the fairness of the league.

I just posted a request in the league home about weekly waivers. It's a great thing to institute and really improves the fairness of the league.

Can we do a weekly waiver order on Yahoo?

Can we do a weekly waiver order on Yahoo?

Yeah we can. I have it for my money league I commish.

Draft order????

I mistakely erased my team....who got the info I need??

PM me ASAP

Clinging to that last placeoff spot. Leading 116.30 to 116.15. with 1 minute 30 seconds left to go!

Clinging to that last placeoff spot. Leading 116.30 to 116.15. with 1 minute 30 seconds left to go!

Time to pull up your anchor and sail into the sunset..... your season ends this week Mr. Boats! B)

So I am still waiting on some people to sign up! I'm going to send out reminders today.