Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Rotoworld Gridiron '08!

Ahhh Billy the Kid may get the surprise of his life available to him at #4. If your thinking of passing on who I think you may be thinking of passing on ours may be the only league in America where he falls past #3! B)

You're making me very curious...

I've never drafted in the Yahoo set-up, the few leagues I've joined in Yahoo I've always missed the draft for some odd reason.

I'm a CBS guy for the most part.

Any hints or advice so I won't be confused?

And I assume W/R is RB or WR???

Any hints or advice so I won't be confused?

And I assume W/R is RB or WR???

You assume correctly. Yahoo this year gave a complete, and much needed overhaul to the draft room. It has definitely surpassed ESPN's drafting app but I don't know about CBS. I've never done a league with Sportsline (which I'm sure will change as I just took a new position at CBS College Sports). No real hints to give as it's pretty straight forward. Just don't think you're going to beat me because I wouldn't want you to be let down

You assume correctly. Yahoo this year gave a complete, and much needed overhaul to the draft room. It has definitely surpassed ESPN's drafting app but I don't know about CBS. I've never done a league with Sportsline (which I'm sure will change as I just took a new position at CBS College Sports). No real hints to give as it's pretty straight forward. Just don't think you're going to beat me because I wouldn't want you to be let down

Thanks..lol

I'm picking smack dab in the middle, ughhh.

What do you do for a living?? Curious since you said your taking a new position.

As far as being dissappointed.... well, I've been playing fantasy football since 1999 continueously, we used news papers to do stats back in the day, I've been dissapointed one or two times B):)

Anyone wanna trade down? 6 blows

Just don't think you're going to beat me because I wouldn't want you to be let down

Beat you for 5th place? Yeah, that would be a let down. B)

Thanks..lol

I'm picking smack dab in the middle, ughhh.

What do you do for a living?? Curious since you said your taking a new position.

As far as being dissappointed.... well, I've been playing fantasy football since 1999 continueously, we used news papers to do stats back in the day, I've been dissapointed one or two times B):)

Anyone wanna trade down? 6 blows

Finance position. Being in the sports industry will be pretty sick though. March Madness will be crazy there.

Okay, so I'll have to make it 3 times then.

This draft time, is it set in stone now? Girlfriend needs to be made aware she has no chance of seeing me that night.

Finance position. Being in the sports industry will be pretty sick though. March Madness will be crazy there.

Okay, so I'll have to make it 3 times then.

This draft time, is it set in stone now? Girlfriend needs to be made aware she has no chance of seeing me that night.

Yep...waaay set in stone! Tue. Sept. 2 at 8PM Eastern.

Another question. How are free agents picked up? Reverse order of the standings on Tuesdays?

Unfortunately, free Yahoo leagues don't give you that option. Free agents are free agents until someone picks them up, has them on their roster for 24 hours, and drops them again, at which point they go on the WW. Otherwise, players remain FAs once they clear waivers at the beginning of the year.

Unfortunately, free Yahoo leagues don't give you that option. Free agents are free agents until someone picks them up, has them on their roster for 24 hours, and drops them again, at which point they go on the WW. Otherwise, players remain FAs once they clear waivers at the beginning of the year.

I guess I was asking is how do we determine who gets first crack at picking up players not on rosters from week to week?

I guess I was asking is how do we determine who gets first crack at picking up players not on rosters from week to week?

If they are a FA, it's just first come first serve. If they haven't cleared waivers yet, whoever has the highest waiver priority that tries to claim the player gets him. Usually, waiver priority is in reverse draft order, but with custom draft order I think it's just random.

If they are a FA, it's just first come first serve. If they haven't cleared waivers yet, whoever has the highest waiver priority that tries to claim the player gets him. Usually, waiver priority is in reverse draft order, but with custom draft order I think it's just random.

No, I'll make sure whomever drafts last will get top waiver priority. I have the ability to edit that.

Also, just so you all were aware, this sums up how I feel my chances are in this league:

"I’m gonna rise up, gonna kick a little a$$. Gonna kick some a$$ in the USA. Gonna climb a mountain, gonna sew a flag, gonna fly on an eagle.

I’m gonna kick some butt, gonna drive a big truck. I’m gonna rule this world. I’m gonna kick some a$$. I’m gonna rise up, gonna kick a little a$$. Rock, flag, and eagle!"

Lol too tough to join the smack talk while I'm trying to draft in the rotoworld dynasty league and work at the same time. Moss and Peyton so far from the 10th slot in a 12 man league.....

I want to make sure of this before the draft. Do you play QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R, W/R, W/R every week? Plus 6 bench spots?

7 pick is on the Block -- happy to move up or down.

How do you know what pick you have Winky? I haven't found out yet....

After receiving a few requests in this thread, and a couple by private message, to generate the draft order prior to draft day, I have gone ahead and done so. I generated the drafting order using FFtoolbox.com, as was done in the other Rotoworld league. I even took a screenshot of how I entered in everyone's team names and email addies, in a completely random order, to ensure max randomness. If you want to take a look, go here to download that screenshot:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/e57b89/n/Pre-generation_bmp

Here's the results it spit back out. You should also receive this message in your email inbox:

To="owners"

Subject="Rotoworld Gridiron Draft Order"

Rye has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the Rotoworld Gridiron league. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm?id=8613

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:

1 - Assassins

2 - The Whiskey Rivers

3 - FightOnSC!

4 - Billy The Kid

5 - Show Me Your TD's

6 - Punishers

7 - Prepare 2 B Violated

8 - 2 Balls 1 Cup

9 - Diablo's Wrath

10 - The Boatmen

11 - Mountain Dew Kid

12 - KTOWN RACERS

Regards,

FFToolbox.com

And not exactly sure how we could work pick trades on Yahoo. ?

After receiving a few requests in this thread, and a couple by private message, to generate the draft order prior to draft day, I have gone ahead and done so. I generated the drafting order using FFtoolbox.com, as was done in the other Rotoworld league. I even took a screenshot of how I entered in everyone's team names and email addies, in a completely random order, to ensure max randomness. If you want to take a look, go here to download that screenshot:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/e57b89/n/Pre-generation_bmp

Here's the results it spit back out. You should also receive this message in your email inbox:

To="owners"

Subject="Rotoworld Gridiron Draft Order"

Rye has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the Rotoworld Gridiron league. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm?id=8613

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:

1 - Assassins

2 - The Whiskey Rivers

3 - FightOnSC!

4 - Billy The Kid

5 - Show Me Your TD's

6 - Punishers

7 - Prepare 2 B Violated

8 - 2 Balls 1 Cup

9 - Diablo's Wrath

10 - The Boatmen

11 - Mountain Dew Kid

12 - KTOWN RACERS

Regards,

FFToolbox.com

And not exactly sure how we could work pick trades on Yahoo. ?

B):) My bad! I already knew that, I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry, head isn't on straight. I'm getting ready for a money league draft tonight and Sat night and am in the middle of a rotoworld dynasty draft online for the past few days so I appologize for the brian fart.

Lol I better pull my head before I announce Edge James as the 3rd overall pick.

In that case I think you should choose Tim Hightower instead with the #3 overall pick, he is likely to get the goalline carries.

Just remember:

LT is old

AP is injury prone

Westbrook is going to lose 95% of his carries to Booker

So don't draft any of these guys, this goes for anybody else between picks 1 and 9.

Oh yeah, Addai is losing is goalline carries to Rhodes and will be in a committee

Barber and Gore both will be removed between the 40's

Brady is on a fishing trip and hasn't been seen since...him and Bill Barilko. You don't want him either.

In that case I think you should choose Tim Hightower instead with the #3 overall pick, he is likely to get the goalline carries.

Just remember:

LT is old

AP is injury prone

Westbrook is going to lose 95% of his carries to Booker

So don't draft any of these guys, this goes for anybody else between picks 1 and 9.

Oh yeah, Addai is losing is goalline carries to Rhodes and will be in a committee

Barber and Gore both will be removed between the 40's

Brady is on a fishing trip and hasn't been seen since...him and Bill Barilko. You don't want him either.

Ha ha...good post. Kudos.

So...with your advice on all these awful players, I will be selecting Olindo Mare with my #2 pick! Eat THAT suckers!

Thanks for the insight on those players, I'll be avoiding all of them in the first round.

I want to make sure of this before the draft. Are we playing QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R, W/R, W/R every week? Plus 6 bench spots?

Thanks for the insight on those players, I'll be avoiding all of them in the first round.

I want to make sure of this before the draft. Are we playing QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R, W/R, W/R every week? Plus 6 bench spots?

Heck yes!