Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Rotoworld Gridiron '08!

What's his team name?

Prepare 2 B Violated

A quick shout out to Whiskey River for putting this league together.

There's more to be being the commish than just holding the title.

Thanks for the effort.

Good luck Rotoworld Gridiron League!

Prepare 2 B Violated

Thanks for the effort.

Amen to that. Hopefully this is a lot of fun (I have no doubts it will be) and we can make this a yearly thing. Maybe even keeper next year.

Sorry guys, but I'm a "no." I unfortunately missed the draft (I coach football, then had a Meet the Teacher Night I was unaware of) and I don't want to put money on a team I didn't draft (and don't like, by the way). Unless I can package Moss for a RB/QB combo and Braylon for a lesser WR and RB, no money for me. Of course I'll be an active owner making moves and willing to deal!

Sorry guys, but I'm a "no." I unfortunately missed the draft (I coach football, then had a Meet the Teacher Night I was unaware of) and I don't want to put money on a team I didn't draft (and don't like, by the way). Unless I can package Moss for a RB/QB combo and Braylon for a lesser WR and RB, no money for me. Of course I'll be an active owner making moves and willing to deal!

You actually have one of the better teams IMO...

No worries 2. 20 bucks isn't worth it anyway, I'll spend that eating at my draft tonight. Just the smack of the boards is worth it enough for this to be my only free league out of the 7 I'm in. Lol your team is pretty good. At least the system didn't draft you 7 QB's B)

In other leagues Im in there are some people who do not pay but others who do, those that dont pay are simply not eligible if they win, it goes to the highest finishing team that did put money in. We do prizes for both reg season winner, plus 1st and 2nd place after playoffs. Just an idea.

We'll just keep it a free league, then. But the winner gets loads of glory and the ability to talk smack for a year on these boards.

That's a hefty prize in itself!

No worries 2. 20 bucks isn't worth it anyway, I'll spend that eating at my draft tonight. Just the smack of the boards is worth it enough for this to be my only free league out of the 7 I'm in. Lol your team is pretty good. At least the system didn't draft you 7 QB's :)

My team isn't bad, but my bench is horrible. Someone ate up all my "late round gold." Even still, after looking at those rosters, my team is better than most of you chumps. I think at least 5 of you should've clicked autodraft and dissappeared for an hour. You'd actually have a chance.... B)

My team isn't bad, but my bench is horrible. Someone ate up all my "late round gold." Even still, after looking at those rosters, my team is better than most of you chumps. I think at least 5 of you should've clicked autodraft and dissappeared for an hour. You'd actually have a chance.... B)

Does that mean your down for making it a $ league now?

I do like the some pay idea and those who dont can't win the prize. I actually thought of the same idea when I was at the gym just before. Whaddya guys say about that?

Winky's team is damn good.

Yeah...he does have a good team. But I was supposed to draft Brees in the 3rd!!

Damn you Winky!

Prepare 2 B Violated

Thanks for the effort.

Well said.

Thanks WRiver.

In other leagues Im in there are some people who do not pay but others who do, those that dont pay are simply not eligible if they win, it goes to the highest finishing team that did put money in. We do prizes for both reg season winner, plus 1st and 2nd place after playoffs. Just an idea.
Does that mean your down for making it a $ league now?

I do like the some pay idea and those who dont can't win the prize. I actually thought of the same idea when I was at the gym just before. Whaddya guys say about that?

This plan is cool with me.

$20 or $25.

This plan is cool with me.

$20 or $25.

Cool, Whiskey can we try to make this happen? We 8 out of 9 "yes's" so far, correct?

Cool, Whiskey can we try to make this happen? We 8 out of 9 "yes's" so far, correct?

Well, IMHO it is pretty lame for the "winner" of the league's prize to be the 2nd place team. It's unlikely that happens, but it is still a chance. And a few people haven't even responded yet. I dunno...I'm of the mind to just keep this a bragging rights thing.

I'd just make it easy on yourself... keep it free this season.

If it is a fun league (which it seems likely to be) then we can all come back and do it for money next season.

Plus, some owners are going to fall out this season anyway... we can trim those guys out before the next draft and stock up with new owners next year knowing that we'll have a core of solid owners.

Sorry about Brees, Diablo... I had him ranked as the #2 QB and I thought if I didn't take him there that he wasn't going to get back to me.

The Boatmen and Punishers in a dogfight.

Go Giants.

Assassins... I may just be a simple caveman, but your LT2 and Jason Witten scare me... NOT!

I just picked up Mason Crosby, everyone is officially playing for 2nd place.

How do we do free agents? Is there WW priorty or just whoever has the most time online can cherry pick all of the free agents?

How do we do free agents? Is there WW priorty or just whoever has the most time online can cherry pick all of the free agents?

You just pick up free agents. The only time a guy is on waivers is if he's dropped by someone so then the person with the highest priority gets him.

You just pick up free agents. The only time a guy is on waivers is if he's dropped by someone so then the person with the highest priority gets him.

So there is no priority order? We can just go and grab any player that as free agent and add them to our team? As many as we want, first come, first serve?

So there is no priority order? We can just go and grab any player that as free agent and add them to our team? As many as we want, first come, first serve?

Yes. Unless someone that is a free agent is picked up, and then dropped again...at that point he goes on waivers for 2 days. Any dropped player automatically goes on waivers. But, let's say Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas get injured. You could rush out and grab Stecker right away because he's currently a free agent.

Yes. Unless someone that is a free agent is picked up, and then dropped again...at that point he goes on waivers for 2 days. Any dropped player automatically goes on waivers. But, let's say Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas get injured. You could rush out and grab Stecker right away because he's currently a free agent.

Wow no offense meant but that WW system is completely absurd. It definitely benefits any league owner who might not work Sundays and can watch a game and grab a backup after seeing a stud starter go down with an injury. Theres no ryhme or reason and definitely could present a scenario where the best team drafted doesn't win, where it negates any and all fantasy owners skill after the draft is completed. It definitely benefits those who have the time to hang out online and cherry pick the free agent pool.

Wow no offense meant but that WW system is completely absurd. It definitely benefits any league owner who might not work Sundays and can watch a game and grab a backup after seeing a stud starter go down with an injury. Theres no ryhme or reason and definitely could present a scenario where the best team drafted doesn't win, where it negates any and all fantasy owners skill after the draft is completed. It definitely benefits those who have the time to hang out online and cherry pick the free agent pool.

I totally agree bro, but I kinda knew this was the case going into season from some of the posts I've read from Yahoo'ers on the forums.

Its why I'm kinda glad this turned into a free league cause after this opening Sunday, I won't get a FULL Sunday off for 4 weeks, just the way my schedule goes.

This league is fun nonetheless, hope to get invovled in the smack soon, baseball is still sucking up alot of my SPARE time, I'm a little drained.

BUT AFTER I SINK THE BOATMAN THIS WEEK, I'LL BE READY TO HAND OUT PUNISHMENTS TO ALL!! LOL