Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Rotoworld Gridiron '08!

Wow no offense meant but that WW system is completely absurd. It definitely benefits any league owner who might not work Sundays and can watch a game and grab a backup after seeing a stud starter go down with an injury. Theres no ryhme or reason and definitely could present a scenario where the best team drafted doesn't win, where it negates any and all fantasy owners skill after the draft is completed. It definitely benefits those who have the time to hang out online and cherry pick the free agent pool.

Dude, I had no choice unless someone wanted to fork over the $150 to make this a "Plus" league, which allows you to tinker with the waiver wire system. Otherwise, this is what you get.

Dude, I had no choice unless someone wanted to fork over the $150 to make this a "Plus" league, which allows you to tinker with the waiver wire system. Otherwise, this is what you get.

It's cool, sorry for the rant. I've never played in a free league before and didn't know they charged for that feature. Just gotta hope nobody gets hurt.

What's the final decision on moola for this league. We keeping it free? Doing the other plan with anyone that doesn't want to pay aren't eligible for a prize? Just wanna know before tomorrow so I know much to stress about my team ha.

Buckle your chin strap, tighten up your cleats, fasten your jock strap, and be prepared to be PUNISHED all season long!!

Sunday, bloody Sunday!!! Its finally here!!!

(Wish I could impliment my punishers avatar here)

Wow I can't believe I can't even get 1 quarter out of Brady. At least I got Michael "The Burner" turner

Wow I can't believe I can't even get 1 quarter out of Brady. At least I got Michael "The Burner" turner

You are DESTROYING ME.

Was...now it is just an a** kicking.

lol.

Hope Gates, Gore, and the Bears get pissed at that comment.... good game.

Palmer sucks

Was...now it is just an a** kicking.

Within 8 bro, funnier things have happened.

Wayne vs the Bears D...... Palmer still sucks

Within 8 bro, funnier things have happened.

Wayne vs the Bears D...... Palmer still sucks

Yes you have made it very interesting. At the time it was 94-40. Yes Palmer sucks but he will be better than Brady this year!

Yes you have made it very interesting. At the time it was 94-40. Yes Palmer sucks but he will be better than Brady this year!

Wish I was playing like 8 or 9 other teams. B)

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D

Poor Spike. Watch out for negative points!

Wow no offense meant but that WW system is completely absurd. It definitely benefits any league owner who might not work Sundays and can watch a game and grab a backup after seeing a stud starter go down with an injury. Theres no ryhme or reason and definitely could present a scenario where the best team drafted doesn't win, where it negates any and all fantasy owners skill after the draft is completed. It definitely benefits those who have the time to hang out online and cherry pick the free agent pool.

This is the kind of stuff that happens in a free for fall FA system. I understand that Yahoo charges for setting up free agents differently and I am not blaming Whiskey River or anyone else since it is what it is. BTW thanks to Whiskey River for putting together the league B)

One way we could have done it is to have had free agent pickups be done in the reverse order of standings after Mondays game. As it is now some of us have to try and compete without ever picking any free agent up, if I have any injuries I'll be done. Hopefully the owner who had Brady was the fastest to his computer to pick up Cassel. I'd hate to see anyone have had a great draft and lose the league to someone who had an inferior draft but cherry picked all of the prime free agents up.

I don't think Cassel is going to be the QB for long. It would be interesting if they signed Culpepper and then it would be Culpepper and Moss again...it was fate.

To your point though, this is such a deep league that even the 3rd string running backs were getting drafted, I don't think the waiver wire is going to decide this league. However now I will go pick up Culpepper!

Yea I own Brady and didn't even go pick up Cassel. What a mess. Hopefully I will still win. With that being said, anyone have a qb to spare? I sshould be ok with garrard but another option wouldn't hurt.

Yea I own Brady and didn't even go pick up Cassel. What a mess. Hopefully I will still win. With that being said, anyone have a qb to spare? I sshould be ok with garrard but another option wouldn't hurt.

Simms is reported as visiting N.E.

By the way... Safety!!!!! Bears!!!!

LOL.. I gotta try!!!

AZ, don't "poor Spike" me..hahaha.... I'll do enough crying throughout the season myself, I'm the king of pain.

Shoot, replaying the safety...hate replay

Eli Manning for a W/R

or Palmer but he sucks

How do I pick up a free agent? Appreciate it if someone would fill me in on the process. Thanks.

Go to "my team"...then look at the top of page (add)..think you'll find out the rest.

Who you taking? B)

Good game Boat.

*sniff, sniff* B)

hehehe.

I was getting nervous after the first half. Hopefully it is out of reach now but you never no with Chicago's defense.

I was getting nervous after the first half. Hopefully it is out of reach now but you never no with Chicago's defense.

your gold.