Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poopdungbeatle

Who's the best September callup?

Hi guys, i'm in a 16 team dynasty league so it's pretty deep. I currently have the #2 waiver priority and i must use it this year as it resets next year based on league standings for this year. Since it's a deep league, i have a lot of needs. For pitching, i could use a great SP. For a hitter, i really need some power/RBI's.

How should i use my #2? I'm pretty sure the #1 guy is waiting for david price as expected.

scott elbert got the call and he interests me, but i shouldn't use a number #2 for him.

Travis Synder got the call and i'm thinking about using it on him when yahoo puts him on waivers.

maybe i should wait for Andruw Mccutchen to get the call?

I'm thinking LaPorta and Weiter won't get called up this year.

Are there any other guys that might get the call i should be thinking about?

Thanks in advance!

I think you've got the top prospects nailed, so I can't think if anyone else. I doubt that LaPorta's coming up but I don't know about Wieter. I like McCutchen more than I like Snider, but it's close. I'd hold out for him, but I'd also try for Price just in case the #1 guy lets him go by.

alright guys, what to do?

I just read that Mat Gamel got the call. I could really use a HR hitting 3b. Do i use my waiver on him? I know he was mashing when LaPorta was hitting behind him, but he hasn't done too much since laporta left huh?

Or do i wait to see if Andruw McCutchen or Dexter Fowler get the call?

I have to use my #2 Waiver soon as i can't keep it for next year! Please help!

im in a similar position. im going to wait on fowler. they freed up space on the 40 man recently and so im almost sure hell get called up. im not sure if id rather have fowler or mcutchen though, as mcutchen is already owned in my league

im in a similar position. im going to wait on fowler. they freed up space on the 40 man recently and so im almost sure hell get called up. im not sure if id rather have fowler or mcutchen though, as mcutchen is already owned in my league

McCutchen is probably the most major league ready bat that you've mentioned, and should play well plus get SBs, but Pearce is currently getting the look in PITT.... Snider is a great prospect, but is still very young, and is striking out too much... Wieters won't get called up this year....

I'd try and wait for McCutchen...

Hidden

I have the same post in the bench forum area, but i think you guys could probably help me out more.

I have the #2 waiver in my deep dynasty league and i can't save it for next year.

I could really use some help at 1b and 3b. I really need some help in HR/RBI production.

Do i use my waiver on Mat Gamel? I'm not sure about him, he hasn't done much since Laporta left right?

What about that Kila Kaalui guy!? Dude has been mashing and he walks a lot (BB are a stat in my league). I never really heard too much about this guy and never considered using my good waiver pick on him, but i'm leaning towards using it on him....

Or do i just go for one of the OF'er. Travis snider? I would have to use my waiver soon.

Or wait of McCutchen or Fowler?

I would get David Price, but i'm pretty sure the #1 guy is probably gonna get him if called up.

I have the same post in the bench forum area, but i think you guys could probably help me out more.

I have the #2 waiver in my deep dynasty league and i can't save it for next year.

I could really use some help at 1b and 3b. I really need some help in HR/RBI production.

Do i use my waiver on Mat Gamel? I'm not sure about him, he hasn't done much since Laporta left right?

What about that Kila Kaalui guy!? Dude has been mashing and he walks a lot (BB are a stat in my league). I never really heard too much about this guy and never considered using my good waiver pick on him, but i'm leaning towards using it on him....

Or do i just go for one of the OF'er. Travis snider? I would have to use my waiver soon.

I would get David Price, but i'm pretty sure the #1 guy is probably gonna get him if called up.

If you can wait on Laporta (assuming Price goes #1), then I'd go Laporta next. If you have a deadline, then Gamel is worth it -just clearly behind Laporta.

(Stupid O's - Wieters should be #2 guy, but Laporta is the consensus #2 IMO after Price).

If you are willing to wait on production i'd go with Snider. If you want immediate help I'd go with Kaaihue. He has the most experience and is the oldest of the prospects that you mentioned. If you can get Price though I would go that route for sure.

I didn't mention Laporta or Weiters since i heard they might not get the call this year. I don't want to risk waiting on them and no call up so a waste of a waiver.

So you say Gamel huh? 3b is where i'm weakest at, i might go this route.

Anyone else?

If you can wait on Laporta (assuming Price goes #1), then I'd go Laporta next. If you have a deadline, then Gamel is worth it -just clearly behind Laporta.

(Stupid O's - Wieters should be #2 guy, but Laporta is the consensus #2 IMO after Price).

Oh it didn't sound like Laporta was available to him. I don't think he's coming up this year.

If you are willing to wait on production i'd go with Snider. If you want immediate help I'd go with Kaaihue. He has the most experience and is the oldest of the prospects that you mentioned. If you can get Price though I would go that route for sure.

Snider? What are your expectations on him? I'm not very high on him for some reason. does he project to be a 30+ HR guy? Or even higher than that?

Snider? What are your expectations on him? I'm not very high on him for some reason. does he project to be a 30+ HR guy? Or even higher than that?

One of the reasons his numbers might not look great is because he's being rushed very fast. I think he was one of the youngest guys in AA and was the youngest in AAA before coming to the Jays. Now he might be the youngest in bigs aside from J. Upton. Snider has 40+ HR upside but K's a lot. Again though that should improve with age.

Here he is winning the eastern league HR derby this year.

One of the reasons his numbers might not look great is because he's being rushed very fast. I think he was one of the youngest guys in AA and was the youngest in AAA before coming to the Jays. Now he might be the youngest in bigs aside from J. Upton. Snider has 40+ HR upside but K's a lot. Again though that should improve with age.

Here he is winning the eastern league HR derby this year.

Wow! Thanks for the info! I knew if i posted in here i would get a better response. I really appreciate it.

Snider for sure, since as has been said, Weiters/LaPorta may not get the call.

BTW, he's half a year younger then Upton. So he is the youngest player in the bigs, unless any high A prospects, or one of the few AA'ers younger then him, got a promotion.

Matt Weiters is not definitely not getting the call. This late in the season, you can't wait for players. I'd pass on Snider and McCutchen. I'm not really a Gamel guy and since you need to help with 1B, I'd take Kaihuue.

I really appreciate the help guys! But 3 posters and 3 different answers! Snider, Gamel, and Kaihuue!!

No matter who i pick, i was planning on dropping Lou Montanez of Balt. Dude is playing pretty well and was a high first round draft pick in the past and finally geting a shot. Do you guys know much about him? He's ok to drop in a dynasty league?

damn it, i still can't deciede who to use the waiver on....

Snider is not ready for the majors, not yet anyways.

Probably not, but in a dynasty it doesn't matter that much unless he needs instant production. If that's the case Kaaihue will probably be the best bet to offer that this year. I never know what to think of guys like Kaaihue that come out of nowhere.

Since you have risk involved with waiting for Laporta, take Snider - hands down, in a *dynasty* format, he'll reward you the most. Gamel is 2nd, but keep in mind his 3B eligibility is a mirage IMO - long-term don't see him staying there.

Kaaihue is a short-term fix, long-term his ceiling goes nowhere near Snider's (and yes, I realize he's hit 37 HR's this year).

I really appreciate the help guys! But 3 posters and 3 different answers! Snider, Gamel, and Kaihuue!!

No matter who i pick, i was planning on dropping Lou Montanez of Balt. Dude is playing pretty well and was a high first round draft pick in the past and finally geting a shot. Do you guys know much about him? He's ok to drop in a dynasty league?

damn it, i still can't deciede who to use the waiver on....

Honestly, i think montanez will be as good as gamel, if not better. His age hurts him (almost 28), but he should get a chance in that lineup.

Snider has monster power and will have monster K numbers.

Kila is a tough one. I project him as a Youkilis type as well, maybe with 30 Hr potential. I too am torn between him and Gamel (who also has come out of nowhere, and DIDNt continue hitting at AAA)

Honestly, i think montanez will be as good as gamel, if not better. His age hurts him (almost 28), but he should get a chance in that lineup.

Snider has monster power and will have monster K numbers.

Kila is a tough one. I project him as a Youkilis type as well, maybe with 30 Hr potential. I too am torn between him and Gamel (who also has come out of nowhere, and DIDNt continue hitting at AAA)

Gamel doesn't really have a real sample size in AAA. On the other hand he wasn't even hitting in AA anymore though lol.

thanks guys! I'm using my waiver tonight on Travis Snider.

Excellent choice