Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ciderjack6

SuperSophs

Guest ciderjack6

Patrick Kane

Jonathan Toews

Andrew Cogliano

Sam Gagner

Erik Johnson

Peter Mueller

Nik Backstrom

(and any others I may have missed)

What kind of seasons do you see these guys putting up? Do they continue their breakouts or undergo a sopmore slump?

kane - steady

toews - increase

cogliano - steady

gagner - steady

johnson - bust

mueller - bust

backstrom - increase

Backstrom will be huge, pretty much a point a game. Just make sure you focus on goals for other players, because Backstrom is primarily an assists guy.

Guest ciderjack6

Why do you tab Mueller as a bust? He was very active as rookie (201 shots) and got a lot of ice time (about 17 mins).

Patrick Kane solid 80-85 point season

Jonathan Toews solid 75-80 point season

Hawks are young and should be much improved they added Campbell too so they should be much better on the PP.

Andrew Cogliano

Sam Gagner

Both have big ? with them this season. A lot of their success last season was due to a few injuries so they had the opportunity to step up when they didn't have much to play for. This season with Hemmer, Horc and recently added Cole to take up the bulk of the scoring you might see a dip if not status quo in terms of point production for this season. I just don't see them improving drastically this season.

Erik Johnson

I like Johnson, but kinda along the similar lines as the Oilers above, he just had a great season last year, if you pro-rated his totals to a full season he'd have crazy numbers, the Blues just aren't that good enough for him to have a top 10 defenseman totals. That plus the Blues are deep in D, they have 7-8 guys that can crack the lineup which will take some time away from EJ. I think somewhere around a 40-45 point season, but I think he;d be hard pressed to get any more.

Peter Mueller

I love Mueller he's got good skills, they just added Jokinen and Doan is a great role complement that line should be wrecking havoc all season long. I see him taking the biggest step forward in my opinion. Pressures off, and no one really behind him to steal his thunder so he should be in for a big 80-85 point season.

Nik Backstrom

Backstrom I think is the most logical sense. He's a great passer rookie and was 11th overall in terms of assists and playing with the leagues most dynamic scorer won't hurt. The only thing that I might be weary of is that Nylander returns, and they kept Fedorov who if he plays well might take that starting center job away from Backstrom. They could of course just slide Backstrom back to RW where he started last season but that's not Backstrom's natural position. Either way he should be a 85-90 point guy if he plays with Ovechkin.

Peter Mueller

I love Mueller he's got good skills, they just added Jokinen and Doan is a great role complement that line should be wrecking havoc all season long. I see him taking the biggest step forward in my opinion. Pressures off, and no one really behind him to steal his thunder so he should be in for a big 80-85 point season.

Picked up Mueller 3-4 days ago after reading this. He picked up a a hatrick yesterday, although it was pre-season and guys like Boyle and Thornton weren't playing, but still.

None of those guys will bust.

Just the Oilers who will be the worst of that bunch.

I see Gagner and Cogliano being in the 45-55 point plateau.

Possibly Gagner hitting 60 points depending how fast, and if he can solidify a role on the top PP unit. (Best case scenario)

Rest of them will be just fine, except Johnson of course for his injury.

Will Mueller get RW elig in Yahoo leagues?

I think he'll get LW not RW Doan is RW and if they are on the same line it'll be LW for Mueller.

Remember last year though, they just did random sporadic changes, and then some time in i believe December, they added about 50 new positions to guys

3 Oilers could break out in a big way this season - Cogliano, Gagner and Tom Gilbert

Boedker could win Calder - he's that good. His biggest challenger could be his teammate Kyle Turris.

Nicklas Backstrom will be a point per game guy this season.

I'll be wary of bumping up Kane and Towes too much though. They are flirting of splitting them on even strength (PP they would be still united).