Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JetCityPersian

Jermaine a Laker?

This one seems like more than just an Internet rumor now.. supposedly the Lakers might ship Bynum and Odom in order to bring Jermaine to LA. Not sure what other players and picks would be involved.

Interesting deal if it happens.

It would be interesting to see if O'Neal would like playing with Kobe. I know he really wants to be on a contender and LA with him and Kobe would have to be one. Odom would be a great fit for the Pacers. He needs the ball in his hands more and he isn't going to get it in LA.

He's no Shaq or KG, but maybe he'd be enough to shut Kobe's mouth.

Jermaine likes to touch that ball alot too.. I wonder how this would really work out.

If this deal is made, the Lakers will be the lowest scoring team in the NBA unless O'Neal/Kobe learn how to shoot hoops 4 handed, cuz neither one will give up the damn ball.

Kobe won't play with anyone named O'neal.

Well, apparently O'Neal would like for a deal to LA to happen. You have to think that with Garnett out of the picture, the Lakers would be a little more open to making something happen if they want to keep the all-mighty Kobe happy. Rotoworld:

Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal wants to be traded to the Lakers, and says he will opt out of his contract after the upcoming season if it doesn't happen.

O'Neal made his comments while appearing at a charity basketball game in Los Angeles. "I would welcome a trade to the Lakers," O'Neal said. "Indiana has given me the opportunity to establish myself as a really good player in this league, but they're into rebuilding and going really young, and I'm just not in a position physically to go through another five to six years with a lot of losses." The teams have had discussions involving O'Neal, but have been unable to reach agreement. He would also welcome a trade to the Nets.

Not sure this is huge news. He is just saying what everyone has known for a while. I'm not sure it changes Kobe's hatred for Kupcheck.

Also, everyone keeps making a big deal out of the fact that the lakers won't include bynum in a deal as an indication that they won't give up their future to win today. I think they won't give up Odom because they know that giving up Odom and getting JO puts them in basically the same position they are currently in today; a few small moves away from getting out of the first round (maybe). It has little to do with Bynum. I'm not sure trading Odom and Bynum for JO even makes them a better team right now. Bynum is going into his 3rd season. He is very close to breaking out. If not this year, next.

If I were Jerry Buss, I'd trade Kobe. If you look at it, they really aren't in a much better position than the Twolves were. Boston had a TON of young talent and cashed it in. They have basically traded 10 players and gotten 2 in return this summer. Even with that, almost no one is calling them a true championship contender. (I might dissagree, but....) Who else in the NBA could make that kind of move? Certainly not the Lakers. What do you think Chris Mullin would give up to get Kobe? A heck of a lot of top 10 picks, that's for sure. Michael Jordan? Even more top 10 picks.

The lakers (and pacers) are in a tough spot right now because there aren't many people with the assets to buy what they are selling, but I rather try to sell a Rolls Royce, than try to buy 2 Mercedes with only enough money for a Chevy.

Oh yea, waiting around for KG to opt out of his contract so you can offer him mad luxury tax money, doesn't seem to be a very good option at this point.

If O'Neal is trying to help his case then he should really shut his mouth publicly. The Lakers and the Nets will be thinking fire sale and not offering value for O'Neal. I guess I am of the mindset that getting Jermaine for Odom and Bynum doesn't make the Lakers any better. As we all know O'Neal is very fragile and has a lot of miles on his legs and a bad shoulder. It would seem to make more sense for the Nets to go after O'Neal with a RJeff trade. The Nets don't have many more years to win with Kidd and Carter so they best try for a title now.

There is no way they get close to fair value for Kobes. Lakers are screwed either way. Sucks cause I want them to return to dominance.

This wont happen. INDY wants odom, Drew and extras for O'neal. They want way to much for O'neal. Lakers wont give up that much for 1 player.

I see no reason why the Lakers don't give up what is needed to get JO.

He & Kobe probably have 3 good to great years left in them both,Bynum probably won't be good for another 3 years.

Put the 2 of them together and let the Lakers make one more run with Kobe

I see no reason why the Lakers don't give up what is needed to get JO.

He & Kobe probably have 3 good to great years left in them both,Bynum probably won't be good for another 3 years.

Put the 2 of them together and let the Lakers make one more run with Kobe

True, But Kobe is a FA in 2 years. They know Kobe wont stay after the 2008 season so they would be dumb to giveup LO and Drew when they could sign them longterm, and possibly get trade vaule for Kobe before he is a FA. (like the KG trade).

There is so many ways you can arugue about the Kobe/LO/Drew/JO/Laker issue. I'm a die hard Kobe fan, but I'm also a laker fan, So I want the Lakers to do whats best for both.

Nice job signing with the Lakers, Kobe!

You get what you deserve. Sit and stew, for all I care, after you jerked the Clippers around.